It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo 2 - Military Propaganda "2"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
0_0!

Has many ppl on here watch the Halo 2 Multiplayer Pack Movie called "A Day at the Beach" with the ODSTs? Well, when I did,
, like Iraq or something. The Elite was the main reason for this.

1. When the Grunt ran away, he killed him for doing so. Okay, if u want to get into the story, I guess u could call it "Heresy" or that the Elites can be just plain out brutal at times.

2. After the grenade blew up near him and he was blown out of his Active Camoflauge, he rushed and grabbed an ODST, pulled out his Energy Sword, AND USED HIM AS A HOSTAGE?!?!?!?

3. Next thing I know, the ODSTs pull a SWAT Tactic on em [
], and he's dead.

I'm not saying that I 100% think that it's propaganda, I just would like to add to this.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by SEAL Trident]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If you read the books you find that Elites are pretty brutal like that towards the "lower Covenant" like Grunts in particular. But personally I don't think that Halo is military propaganda, it's inspired by a movie filled with military propaganda, coincidently one of the best movies ever..... Starship Troopers!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yeah, like I said, "brutal at times", but tnx for confirming that, plus, I dunno. I didn't beleive it myself, but look around u:

Iraq

US Military is too small

US Military is getting smaller

Bungie creating an extremely popular game and book series, and soon a movie.

Seems like a good idea too me. I mean, y not? Who knows...

I've just learned in my little 15 years that even what u may feel obvious, is not what it seems.

Personally, I DON'T CARE IF IT IS for the reason that I've wanted to join the military sense elementary school. ^_^ I mean, not that I want it, but if there's a draft, I don't care for my sake. I just want to do what I want: Spec Ops. Prob is, if u could choose, everybody would join the Air Force or Navy. :shk:

Anyways, like I said, I'm not saying 100% that it is, but after all that's been happening.....yeah.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. For all we know it is military propaganda, after all the US Army knows that the teenage video game audience is ripe for recruitment. Thats the thought process behind developing and handing free copies of America's Army, so Halo 1 & 2 might just be another incarnation of the US DOD's new recruitment tactics.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yeah, excatly. Ur right about "America's Army" 2. I mean, sense it's going from just the PC to the XBOX and PS2, it's pretty obvious.

P.S. America's Army is sad as it is. Training's very realistic, but when u learn how to shot right, then comes a guy with a SAW M249, jumps around, spraying bullets everywhere, and ur dead. :shk: How sad of the creators to allow that. They need it more realistic. Cmon...

lol

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Honor Guard Elite on Delta Halo after being shot:

"Ahhh, acursive infedels!"

Well....hmm.....

top topics

join