It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the White House built like a fortress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I was watching the history channel late last night and heard someone talking about how the white house was the safest facility for the president to be in. It was recently reconstructed to take withstand a powerful blow from a commercial jet. Also, heard that it was able to survive a nuclear holocaust!? has anyone else heard of this? i googled it and found nothing based on it. Can anyone help me on this one?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I watched that program as well......however I thought the reinforcing was done during the time of WWII.....following concerns of German aircraft being liable to show up.

I also caught that line about it being the safest place the president could be.....but they sure hustled Cheney off to some 'bunker' on 9 /11! Might have been 'disinfo' to discourage any attempts.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was there many moons ago and did not see any arrows pointing to "This way to the bunker" but thats not for the public to see.
I imagine its a fortress, specially nowadays when you have the most important
people in government there.
I dont think google is going to provide us with a blue print either.
Seriously, they are WELL protected.

'nuff said.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There's a bunker deep underground the White House. I'd assume it's capable of surviving a fairly-direct nuclear strike. Otherwise it'd be pretty pointless to have.

All I know is that on "24" the bunker that the President was in, under the White House, was able to withstand a direct nuclear strike. So if it's on TV, then it must be true!

top topics

join