It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if all the gods/goddesses exsist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
What if all the gods/goddesses exist because they knew when the world came about, that not everyone would believe one way?
What if there was more than one? A team of all the gods of all the religions and all the therios? That worked together to create the world and to create this world. I think it hardly possible for one man to be able to help and take care of us all and all the unknown. Like you said, if he created other things we'll discover them. What if each theroy, each god/goddess exsisted. That we all have the ideas and opinions we have. That the gods meant for us to put it all together. But we were incapable because we aere niave and set in our ways. What if all our gods and goddesses are really the deciples and propacies of one real god/goddess that decided he/she needed help to run all they created. I'm not sure what to believe, there is so much we do not know, so much that can't be understood, at least not yet. Maybe we were meant to find harmony together, but with what they gave us, we found quarrells instead?
If we are meant to discover it, why are there other opinions of other gods, if they are all not in some way true, what if there is one but he/she is spilt up to fit what certain people will believe? if we, the human race, is meant to understand, surely one person can't discover it all, so each group will discover, what if it is the beliefs of these people that guide them, and the god, knowing not everyone will follow one way, fit it so everyone can be guided in thier own way. What if all the gods are really the same?

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
in a sense....as long as someone believes in them.

After all, do your dreams exist? Indeed, at times they can seem quite real. So, where does the dreamland go when you're awake? Maybe the gods exist in the same place?

Of course, if all the gods really did exist as we do...then they must crack up when they watch us....like Cops and Funniest Home Videos combined!

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I personally believe at one time they were. That at one time all men new the One Supreme Being. That at one time He made Himself manifest to all men. But then there was no longer the Creator's manifestation among men, and they were left to pass on what started as first-hand knowledge of Him, but from generation to generation, and as distance past between the first-person relationship, myths and legends entered in and the pantheon of gods who have been, are and will come were created.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I personally believe at one time they were. That at one time all men new the One Supreme Being. That at one time He made Himself manifest to all men. But then there was no longer the Creator's manifestation among men, and they were left to pass on what started as first-hand knowledge of Him, but from generation to generation, and as distance past between the first-person relationship, myths and legends entered in and the pantheon of gods who have been, are and will come were created.

That makes a lot of sense. That at one time they were all one but as time passed it changed to create more than one.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A true "God" is All Powerful, etc.
Deities, which would incorporate the many pantheon's, had a "set" of powers or had powers attributed to a sphere of control....example: Thor: God of Thunder, thunderstorms, storms, etc.

I believe that all deities are the many "faces" or "facets" of the One....God.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I never thought to look at it in quite such a blunt way, but it seems logical. It certainly simplifies all my rantage.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Humans are more godly than those 'other' gods.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Deities, which would incorporate the many pantheon's, had a "set" of powers or had powers attributed to a sphere of control

D&D fan there Seeker???

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
Humans are more godly than those 'other' gods.

how can you think that! We humans are below that, a mojority of humans are scum and don't evan wish to know about anything unuseual! Now your trying to say, humans supirior! I mean, towords some of the terrible gods, sure, but a lot of them have good qualities. Out of it all I don't think most humans could be supirior.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The Bible says we're gods.

The Qur'an says we're gods.

We can give birth, we can take a man's life away, we can destroy the earth and rebuild.

And most importantly, we can play God.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
The Bible says we're gods.

The Qur'an says we're gods.

We can give birth, we can take a man's life away, we can destroy the earth and rebuild.

And most importantly, we can play God.

That doesn't mean we should, that does not mean we are capable of playing god. For it is not for us to decide who should live and die. If they are meant to live, they will, if they are meant to die, they will. It is NOT for us to decide!

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Deities, which would incorporate the many pantheon's, had a "set" of powers or had powers attributed to a sphere of control

D&D fan there Seeker???

No sir, but I have read alot of mythology books....

Oh, and I would have to admit that I was a big reader of Marvel Comic's "Mighty Thor" comic back in my youth....hush...hehehe

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ascachamion

That doesn't mean we should, that does not mean we are capable of playing god. For it is not for us to decide who should live and die. If they are meant to live, they will, if they are meant to die, they will. It is NOT for us to decide!

You should read "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch...

And I think deity's exist just because of the amount of energy we give to them just by thinking about them. In the same way you can be able to meet Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse in the astral world. (not a joke!)

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You should read "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch...

And I think deity's exist just because of the amount of energy we give to them just by thinking about them. In the same way you can be able to meet Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse in the astral world. (not a joke!)

I supose that makes sense. That just by believing in it, it makes it true, at least to you if not to any one else. I will see if the liabrary has it.
Who knows maybe I'm not the only one who thinks that there is more than one thing that makes this world the way it is!

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Patric Harpur in his book Daimonic Reality postulates that there is some kind of intelligence/entities with the ability to interact with us in our world, manifesting in many different guises from ufo's to fairie and sometimes as religious figures (Marian visions/the god Pan) the disturbing thing is that often these encounters have an element of the trickster about them, causing confusion, deceit and disallusionment amonst those they appear to/interact with. Although I would hesitate to use this to explain all paranormal events as the work of these daimons, it's a sobering thought that we may sometimes be the plaything of the gods.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   

it's a sobering thought that we may sometimes be the plaything of the gods.

I suppose at times it can be a good thing to think that way. But then just stop and think of all those sicko's and messed up people who could not give a care about humanity. Would you want them to play the gods then?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Certainly not and I'm not ascribing the above theory to all religious/mystical experiences that humanity has encountered but it's a good idea to maintain a healthy cynicism. They're may be lower forms of spiritual beings, their equivilant of the sickos and messed up, who will happily exploit a persons belief system to decieve them and lead them astray. I'm also not one to believe that if God or religion was taken out of the equation that human kind would be transformed into a peacable, unified group. We wouldn't we'd just find something else to divide and fight over.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I believe that all of the Gods/Goddesses/Dieties of all religions are one entity. Now I know that almost all strict Christians would say that I am wrong but they would be contradicting themselves if the said that.
If God is truely all powerful then couldn't he be all of the Dieties of the world at the same time?

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159
I believe that all of the Gods/Goddesses/Dieties of all religions are one entity. Now I know that almost all strict Christians would say that I am wrong but they would be contradicting themselves if the said that.
If God is truely all powerful then couldn't he be all of the Dieties of the world at the same time?

That's a good question. WHy couldn't he just be them all to fit everyone's way of thinking so that everyone would be able to have some belief? Yes, if there was no realigion in wouldn't be all peaceful, there is many other things that will end up dividing the people.

posted on Aug, 20 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I feel the fact that the general message of each system of belief is the same speaks volumes its all the same being, presenting hisself in ways, each culture could understand and relate to.

Any thoughts?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join