It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sooooo just blew my Audi up!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Whilst demonstrating to my best pal this morning how i can 4 wheel powerslide my audi round and round in circles with smoke pouring off the tyres...the old girl gave up the ghost!.........

with a horrible ear splitting bang and smashing of metal.....the engine let go!

much to the amusement of said best friend and on looking crowd of tourists....in true lunatic style...i took a bow, in the slowly drifting smoke of destroyed rubber that was still hanging in the air.

She's only just come back from the garage and now shes gone back.....however this time the bill is going to chaf a bit.

R.I.P. car number 5.....(5 blown up in my 13 years of driving.....5 written off....2 of which were rolled.......one particular golf GTI flipped nose to boot)

dont ever lend me your car.

at least its not going to cost as much as this!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Oh CRAP!

Luckly

1) I live several thousand miles away from you.

2) I don't have a car to lend you.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
lol that stinks.. that has to hurt on the wallet and also because you own a
Lamborghini or are you just comparing it to how your car was damaged?

Either way that has to suck.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
She's only just come back from the garage and now shes gone back.....however this time the bill is going to chaf a bit.

I think this could be nominated for understatement of the year.

I used to work for Audi, and my advice to anyone I liked was this:

Audi's are amazing vehicles. But the first time you break it, you'll have to sell it to pay the repair bill.

What model is/was it?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
wow...can i have it?
seriously, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
I've ruined many cars too. let us see the bill when it's fixed.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Stop blowing up your cars!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
lol guys.....

DJ 77...thanks for the offer of the loan!

Duzey.....its a 2.3 Turbo Quattro 90......from 1990.

Herman.....im trying dude......thats exactly what my Gf said!

Shadow man.....nah...i dont own a lambo.....(not yet).....if that was mine and id done that much damage.....crikey...id top my self!

regards guys.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Dude, I figured out what went wrong...

There is a screw loose...right here..just inside the glass..

You see it?

Get real close to the window, you'll see it..LOL

[edit on 16-7-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

TextThere is a screw loose...right here..just inside the glass..

LMFAO!!!...yeah...i see it!!

actually the garage rang at lunch time.....it wasnt the engine that blew..it was a drive shaft that snapped and smashed all the suspension n brakes in on the drivers side!....they dont think its done to much damage to the motor or gearbox....so ive breathed a small sigh of relief!!......at one point i thought the turbo had blown up......it was quite possibley the worst noise i have ever heard!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
How, in the name of sweet Jesus did you flip a golf bonet to boot? did you go over a hump back bridge at light speed or somethin?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

its a 2.3 Turbo Quattro 90......from 1990.

I can totally understand why you would want to screw around in a car like this. That's one nice and very fast car. The only reason I stuck it out with VW/Audi group for as long as I did was the trips to the Arizona proving grounds.

Glad to hear it's not as bad as it could have been. That's a good stroke of luck.

You must drive like a complete maniac.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thats good news then..
It's not as broken as it sounded.

I used to live a mile or so, from an NHRA dragstrip in Maryland.
Spent a lot of time there..Saw lots of things come flying out of cars on the starting line...right on the green light usually..horrible sounds too..

Do you have a pic of this car during better days?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
1) I live several thousand miles away from you.

From the Location given, I'd like to be near optimus fett.

Anyway, at least the car went out in style. One of the most important lessons is to do everything right, but to do it with style. You always get extra points for style.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

TextHow, in the name of sweet Jesus did you flip a golf bonet to boot? did you go over a hump back bridge at light speed or somethin?

well....funnily enough thats what the police said.........what actually happened (apparentley...insurance investigation) the car started to fish tail......i was going down hill through some big sweeping S bends in the rain.....it spun.....hit the kerb....then rolled over sideways.....back on to its wheels........went into a mains electricity support post...(which was 2 ft square thick concrete and it fell over....even though it was buried 8ft in the ground)....this put the lights out on a nearby housing estate....as it came out of the ditch on the other side of the road it took off and landed on the nose which flipped it over on to the boot and then back on to its wheels....the people driving behind us stated that to the police.

all 3 of us walked away with minor injuries.........the gearlever was behind the front seats and the engine was in the middle of the car........when the police arrived they thought they were dealing with fatalitys.....they simply wouldnt believe we had all climbed out and were stood talking to them.

The insurance bill for the damaged electricity pole was £75,000, that was with the costs of the new pylon and cables and some stupid cow who sued for loss of electricity.

The insurance engineer said that the rear tyre had blown out causing the car to fish tail and eventually spin........i can remember that happening...well...i didnt know what had happened but i remember everything get sideways.

it was a 50 mph limit and i was doing about 75 as i entered the bends.....i didnt bother lying to the police about my speed and they were sound......they wrote 50 mph down on the report....good lads.

lesson learned........constantly drive fast and learn to control dangerous slides in the wet......dont be a puff and slow down.....lol...im joking.....keep high speed driving to the track.

regards.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
aaawww...poor Optimus

(((YOU ))))

im sure peopel around Algarve know you already for you car blowings ..

you were at the club again, werent you ?? confess...

im sure it will be pretty pretty cheep to fix it ...hehehehehe

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i like that car.
the its a 2.3 Turbo Quattro 90......from 1990.

how much is it?
i might get my daddy to buy it for me.

i have no idea about cars so this is why i am asking.

oni x x

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

all 3 of us walked away with minor injuries.........

Holy guacamole man.....lol

After all the initial fishtailing, crashing, rolling about and what not...The light post landed on your hood, flipped the car, it landed back on its wheels - And you were all inside during this and lived?!

Can you send me a good luck charm optimus?

I've been driving for about 7 years now and I've never been in an accident....*knocks on wood*

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Texti like that car.

yup it certainly is Oni......its a wolf in sheeps clothing!......and great as a fast car you can take 4 people in, in good comfort......the thing that i love best (in a sad guy kind of way!!:how
is when your doing 100 mph and it still pulls away like your in first at the lights when you boot it!!

new topics

top topics

join