It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual security around Groom Lake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
When I was at the Norfolk Naval base a few years back I got to thinking, short of enough aircraft, ships and munitions to annilate most of the Chinese Navy, there isn't a lot of group security. I mean checkpoints, fences and God knows how many sailors, but not much to actually stop entry from somebody determined to get inside.

So it made me think, how much ground security is actually at Groom Lake. I means sure you've got the hundreds of sensors and the camo dudes, plus the possibility of air support from Nellis. But is that really enough to stop a small group of armed conspiracy extremists or something with a couple of pickup trucks from getting into Groom Lake? So can anybody tell me if the famed Area 51 is really secure from a small group of determined tresspasers?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Obviously alot of the security at Groom is classified. The most obvious are the Cammo Dudes that can be seen all along the borders. That being the first line. The armed Blackhawks that fly the border 24/7 may work in concert with the Cammos or may be considered the second line of defense. Based on info gathered from the Groom security manual, Glen Campbell, and some of the other groups that have done extensive exploring in the area it is believed their are at least three more lines of security inside the border. It is safe to assume that any security breach at the border will bring a maximum effort by all concerned. From the main entrance it is twenty three miles to the base once you cross the border. If you would get across you would be in the middle of a 23 mile no mans land and subject to probably the most intense display of futuristic firepower that anyone has ever seen. Area 51 just celebrated its 50th anniversary. In those fifty years their has never been a report of a successful attempt to breach the security. Not to say that some havent tried. All that we know of have been caught and dealt with, mostly by the Cammos and the Lincoln County Sheriff. Since 9/11 the security hs been doubled and redoubled. Trespassing charges prior to 9/11 can now be upgraded to charges like spying, espionage, conspiracy, etc. Iam in the area at least 50 days over a period of a year and I can tell you first hand that the security is not to be taken lightly.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If you were to attempt to enter the facility and were caught you can pretty much kiss freedom goodbye. The list of charges they could come up with would be astonishing.

The saddest part is you wont even get fame. It wont be reported. When you mess with the government, you tend to dissapear from the public eye very easily.

And then even if you did, so what you see some aircraft that you will most likely see as a free man if you wait a few years.

As for security, well if you look at an aerial map or photo you see the buildings, housing etc and Im sure not all of them are for scientists. I imagine they have enough firepower and manpower to stop even large invasions. Plus when you mess with the military, you mess with THE MILITARY.

They can always call up X number of soldiers from who cares where.

Either way, welcome to the jungle, your gonna dieeeeeeeeee.

P.S. Who cleans Area 51's bathrooms !

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
1) I wouldn't expect the defense to be on display, this isn't a parade.
2) How are you going to run through 10-13 miles of desert without being seen/shot/blown-up/etc...
3) It's not security if everyone gets to see it and knows what is there. Just showing up at a naval base you can't expect to see what they have as far as defense, unless of course you make some sort of assault, but then you wouldn't be able to remember it

I actually accept the idea of secret, high security bases, but they are just that... secret. I think the deepest, darkest doings are far better hidden than some world renowned dry lake in Nevada. IMO.

Originally posted by Dulcimer
P.S. Who cleans Area 51's bathrooms !

I have two ideas on this:
1) You have to hold it...
2) Those working there are so advanced they no longer produce waste!

[edit on 7/14/2005 by BigWyrm]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
They probably have an automated defense system with gatling guns that pop up of the ground.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They have sensors in the dessert to detect movement and shortly after they will send out some securtiy(camo dudes) to "talk" with you and get you out of the area so you don't see anything they don't want shown. A very well protect area, good luck to anyone who tries to get in.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Groom Lake Security is hard to quantify, but I can tell you it has three layers:

1. Nellis Range- The Nellis Airforce Range ( the big military complex in central Nevada) has it's own security system including: Eletronic Sensors, Helicopers, security patrols, ect. Anyone attempting to enter Nellis Will be intercepted bu USAF MP's armed with automatic weapons.

2. Nevada Test Site- the Test Site is very heavly guarded by Wakenhut Securty, and EG&G, who have contracts with the DOE which runs the Nuclear Weapons Test range known as the Nevada Test Site.

3. Area 51- The Securty Parimiter around Groom Lake itself, which cover the grid that is/was called Area 51 is guarded by civilian security personnel from the NSA. These National Security Agency Personnel dress in camoflage clothing and look identical to the civilain contrator guarding the test site. However, they are much tougher. (We found out about the NSA Security in the Groom Lake Research Project). These Are NSA police and they can arrest you! The base also has helicopter patrols and very High-tech security sensors.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

top topics

join