It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Draft Constitution Submitted to Iraq's Parliament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A draft constitution is reportedly ready to be submitted to Iraq's Parliament for review. Under the provisional constitution drawn up by the coalition, Iraq has until August 15th to draft a final proposed constitution to submit to voters for ratification. The Speaker of Iraq's Parliament says they'll have three days to review the constitution before submitting it for ratification.

www.zaman.com
The new Iraq constitution expected to be ready by August 15 has been submitted to the Parliament for examination and debate.

After the delegation in charge of preparing the text complete the document, it will be put to a public vote.

Speaker of Parliament Hussein Sharistani informed that they have three days to study the draft and after that it will be presented to a referendum.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a big step forward for Iraq's democracy. I'm surprised that there isn't more reporting on it, I've only seen this online report and it mentioned on FOX a few times.

I hope it's a good constitution for the citizens of Iraq.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good find! There is not a lot out there right now on the story but I found the following stories on the net a few minutes ago, so, maybe it's finally starting to find it's way into the mainstream.

news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050715/wl_nm/iraq_progress_dc_1

www.kurdmedia.com...

join