It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
On these forums, many people (mostly Americans) have been talking about how bad, stupid and weak is Germany in their opinion. Then I ask all of those people:

If Germany is so bad, stupid, and weak, then:
1) Why did we manage to rebuild our country after WWII? The Allies have reduced our country to rubble. We got some money from the US by the power of the Marshall Plan, but that alone wouldn't be enough.
2) Why did we manage to win almost every war we took part in? The only wars we have lost are: 1) War with France in 1214 2) the Thirty years war (although it was lost only by a part of Germany - the catholic part) 3) WWI 4) WWII.
3) Why do we have one of the world's best railways? Ever heard of the InterCityExpress trains?
4) Why do we have the world's third strongest economy?

[edit on 14-7-2005 by AtheiX]

[edit on 14-7-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Maybe its because of the german obsession with David Hasselhoff.

On a positive not I like Klaus the german goldfish from American Dad.

Foreign Species

A dirty mouthed German goldfish? Süsse tätigkeit. Get your Klaus wallpaper and show your support for the fish/human hybrid of international comedy.

external image

[edit on 7-14-2005 by websurfer]

[edit on 14-7-2005 by asala]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm American and I like Germany, I've been there several times. The only real complaint I have is the apparent anti-Americanism that seems to pervading German politics and their press.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Lived in Germany for 7 years, after I got out of the Army.

Besides Chicag, no other place I would want to be. That is, only in Pirmasens. Die Paelzer have a soft spot in my heart, and do not have those ridulous accents when they speak English

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm American and I like Germany, I've been there several times. The only real complaint I have is the apparent anti-Americanism that seems to pervading German politics and their press.

After so many discussions you have participated in, you STILL refer to disagreement with foreign policy of your current goverment as anti-americanism (hatred of all americans and all that is american).
I cannot believe it..... :shk:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
paperclip, just become a regular reader of the David's Medienkritik blog like I am and you'll understand...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It is a freakin' blog!! a BLOG!!
An opinion of one man.
Btw, I read a few things there, he takes facts, twists them and ads his own thing to make it look like whatever he wants it to look like.... just like any other BLOG.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Where have you seen the Germany bashing taking place????

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Text1) Why did we manage to rebuild our country after WWII? The Allies have reduced our country to rubble. We got some money from the US by the power of the Marshall Plan, but that alone wouldn't be enough.

right firstly.....did you know that the volkswagen beetle only went into production because of the british?

Major Ivan Hurst was sent to the factory at Wolfsburg to acess weather there were any interesting projects there.

He put forward planns to put the german people back to work building the beetle and subsequentley gave german people their first workers union after their defeat in ww2....(it was illegal for germans to meet in groups) conditions in the factory were apparentley excellent and Major Hurst was well respected by the german people.

TextWhy did we manage to win almost every war we took part in? The only wars we have lost are: 1) War with France in 1214 2) the Thirty years war (although it was lost only by a part of Germany - the catholic part) 3) WWI 4) WWII.

well...its a good job you did because you started most of them.....

Dude?....have you got a problem with the rest of europe and the world?.....you always seem to be going on about how great Germany is?......

I like germany...cant really see why any one wouldnt these days....but you do seem to go on about it?

JAK

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I thought you were Polish AtheiX?

Jak

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
I thought you were Polish AtheiX?

Jak

No, I'm not.

optimus fett - it's not true that we started most of the wars we took part in. We didn't start the Napoleonic wars, we didn't start the Thirty Years War and we didn't start World War I. And the Poles started their insurection in 1848.

top topics

join