It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Disprove This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
www.starshipcapricorn.org...

"The most famous of television broadcasts occurred in England on 26th November, 1977, on Southern ITV (which covered London, the South, and South East). The time was 5.12pm and the message (audio only) interrupted the evening news. Lasting 5½ minutes, it was superimposed over the voice of the newsreader, Ivor Mills. No less than five transmitters were hijacked simultaneously, spread over great distances, and the Independent Broadcasting Authority were not even aware that the message was overriding their signal; as the transmitters would have been switched off immediately. Possibly, this was because the source of the overriding signal was not terrestrial in nature."

Read more from the link
Was this a hoax?

I have spent months on and off dedication to debunking Nesara/Starship capricorn/Astar Command as one big scam. But I never heard of this incident.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I remember hearing about a signal being taken over but did not hear about the content of the message. Interesting, thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Has anybody ever heard of this? This is the 1st time its ever been mentioned that I know, so Im not going to jump to conclusions on this one just yet. Sounds very cool, but I dont know about this just yet.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've never heard of this, but its very interesting!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
kyateLaBoca, greetings.
You need to be aware of this:

6.) You will not post any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general public), unless that copyright is owned by you or by this website. [b]You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive my advance permission). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

Terms And Conditions Of Use

Please refrain from doing so in the future till you recieve permission to do so from SimonGray, or ADMIN.

I hope besides this, that you enjoy your time within ATS.
Thank you.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Is there a recorded video of this ?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Does not sound plausible to me at all. It is not what an alien race would want to tell us, is it? At least I don't think so... And the only interesting thing is about the atomic energy, and, come on, what can the viewers do about it even if they share the same opinion?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Seekerof, feel free to change the link to the original source since the original link is also on that other board.

As for cross-posting from other boards, that exact quote came from the original source, which is not on that board. That person that was posting on that board had also copied and pasted it over. And the ATS rules say nothing about not being allowed to copy over free public domain material as long as the link is provided and the other board had the original link

You will not post any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general public),

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Only having the ability to hijack 5 transmitters. If it were true, I'm sure the message would be a lot more wide spread than that. Technology to travel through space and time, yet they only have the ability to transmit over minimal sources? It doesn't sound plausible to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It's real, i've heard the audio file as well ask spoken to my father who remembers sitting down to dinner and hearing it come on the TV.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Where did you hear the audio files?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It was from here

www.crowdedskies.com...

Down the page with the title "Ashtar Command"

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Thanks, will check it out when I get back from work.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Great find Burgess!!!!!

My only problem with the whole tape is that it sounds so stereotypical of a UFO talking in english. Its like how they would talk in those hollywood alien films from the 50's.

On the other side, I would like to know how the people managed to spread this broadcast by taking over those transmitters.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca

My only problem with the whole tape is that it sounds so stereotypical of a UFO talking in english. Its like how they would talk in those hollywood alien films from the 50's.

On the other side, I would like to know how the people managed to spread this broadcast by taking over those transmitters.

Well I agree. It does sound like a movie from the 50's or 60's, but then again... people who have been abducted, always tells us that aliens communicate thru telepathy, so maybe the aliens spoke thru the transmitters by telepathy of some sort! Their emotions and thoughts were perhaps converted into a language we''d understand... but this is just a theory... interesting thread btw!

[edit on 14-7-2005 by chris_dk]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
OK just listening to it now - the first thing that strikes me is that this happened in England and the voice has an English accent. Convenient?!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nova
OK just listening to it now - the first thing that strikes me is that this happened in England and the voice has an English accent. Convenient?!
Alright, I read this story last night and was VERY intersted in it, but after listening to the broadcast it does sound like a hoax.
Nova makes a damn good point about the accent. Its probaaly some high tech loney who wants to try and change peoples minds about nuclear power, so he makes this to try and get peoples attention cause thats the only way he can get through to more then 100 poeple at once! Hell, if I new how to do some stuff threw the radio station and I felt like something needed to be done, in his case anything nuclear, then I would try to do it to.......UNLESS the aliens took over the mind of a person in england and basically spoke through them??

[edit on 14-7-2005 by TravisT]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Checked into this one a while back (old thread here somewhere)...

The evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of a hoax.... And (will have to dig up that thread), as I recall, officials found the exploit used, and it was actually a fairly simple one used, that allowed them to override the transmitters.

Since this event, all kinds of Ashtar cults have popped up (especially with the advent of the Web)....

EDIT: Ahh....here it is....contains how they believe it was done...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-7-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

This is in order that you may share in the great awakening, as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius.

I somehow doubt real aliens would talk like hippies.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well if you think "hippies" steroitype.... But thats just what we created , the "hippies" and "their" culture might be more nostalgic and far more old than the "hippies" we reffer today

Anyway cool find

top topics

join