It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Giza be the Real Jerusalem?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Unless God has taken time out to speak to one of you, neither knows who is right till death.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Unless God has taken time out to speak to one of you, neither knows who is right till death.

Odium, you make that sound like an impossiblity. Actually, God talks to people every day.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyrusTheShepherd

Originally posted by Loki

In Matthew 28:53, it speaks about the dead rising from their graves after Jesus' death, and going into the City of Jerusalem.

It does not mention "Jerusalem", it says the "the holy city" Ch 27, btw.

No, I'm staring at the KJV right now, it says: The Holy city of Jerusalem.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
what lines? and whose the publisher? mine says holy city [kjv] published by Zondervan [yay i get to use my newly purchased KJV Bible for British Literature for something other than school!] My dads bible [Massachusettes Bible Society 1963] also says holy city for Matthew 27:53. Maybe its like one of hte many other things that have been changed in the bible and after time, Holy City implied Jerusalem, so why spend the extra 100th of a cent to add in 'of Jerusalem' when it was basically implied? just some ridiculous insight.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ah, again I've found the error.

NLV, not KJV.

My mistake, it's my roommate's Bible, I'm actually quite surprised it didn't burst into flames the moment I set hands on it.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There are two cities in question, in which is Jerusalem.

One is holy, one is not.

One has been forgotten by its' people.

One is compared spiritually to Sodom and Egypt.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

2 Chronicles 16:14

13And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.

14And they buried him in his own sepulchres, which he had made for himself in the city of David, and laid him in the bed which was filled with sweet odours and divers kinds of spices prepared by the apothecaries' art: and they made a very great burning for him.

On a typical "Egyptian" burial....
(1) The brain extracted through the nostrils. (2) Removal of the viscera through an incision in the flank. (3) Sterilization of body cavity and viscera. (4) Viscera cleaned, treated, dehydrated, anointed, and coated with molten resin. (5) Body packed temporarily with natron (a naturally occurring mixture of carbonate, bicarbonate, chloride and sulphate of sodium, an effective dehydrating and preserving agent). (6) Body packed in natron for forty days. (7) Temporary packing materials removed. (8) Subcutaneous packing of limbs with sand, clay or other earthy material. (9) Body packed with resin-soaked linens, and fragrances such as myrrh and cinnamon. (10) Anointing with unguents. (11) Final treating and anointing of the body surfaces. (12) Elaborate wrapping in fine linen gauze, with innumerable amulets, magic symbols, and jewelry included in the wrapping.
Rediscover Ancient Egypt

Tombs of David, Solomon, Rehoboam, Abijah, Jehoiada, Amaziah, Jehoshaphat, Joram, Ahaziah, Joash, Azariah, Jotham, Ahaz....
Aerial of Zion

Nehemiah 3:16
16After him repaired Nehemiah the son of Azbuk, the ruler of the half part of Bethzur, unto the place over against the sepulchres of David, and to the pool that was made, and unto the house of the mighty.

2 Chronicles 32:33
33And Hezekiah slept with his fathers, and they buried him in the chiefest of the sepulchres of the sons of David: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem did him honour at his death. And Manasseh his son reigned in his stead.

Ungents are Ointments....

1 Chronicles 9:30
30And some of the sons of the priests made the ointment of the spices.
Ecclesiastes 10:1
Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour...
Isaiah 39:2
And Hezekiah was glad of them, and shewed them the house of his precious things, the silver, and the gold, and the spices, and the precious ointment, and all the house of his armour, and all that was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hezekiah shewed them not.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If Jesus was born in the region of Isreal of today then he says he will return and do not think he meant miles away in modern Egypt at the pyramids. What ever happens he will eventually be around table mount where the new 3rd Jewish temple and new Juruselem will be. Also I do'nt think Jesus would open the doors of heaven over Giza as it was a place where idol worship had taken place in the shape of Egyptian culture, it will only confuse people. I would like to know more about why it has come to this conclustion. If Jesus spoke of Jeruselem in Jeruselem then is he lying if he actually meant in Egypt-Juruselem on many occations.

I do know about ancient Isreal and what it used to occupie its at the back of most Bibles.

I mean if the real Juruselem was in todays Egypt and all the fuss of Christ being the new Jewish king in Isreal then why would he go back to Egypt of today?

The actual first real coming of Jesus I beleive is the rapture because only he can take us away. MATTHEW 24:36/44. THE DAY AND HOUR UNKNOWN.

[edit on 26-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
If Jesus was born in the region of Isreal of today then he says he will return and do not think he meant miles away in modern Egypt at the pyramids.

Well, yes he was born outside of true Israel, in Palestine. He was born there because real Israel had been desolate for centuries. The land became dry and desert just as the Lord said would happen to it. The Jews were exiled from their homeland. They briefly returned after 70 years, but never prospered again because they committed the same sins that caused then to get kicked out. The book of Ezra names these sins.

Remember what Jesus said he came to....he said he came to the "lost sheep" of Israel. now think of a good shepherd who looses his sheep. Does he wait around for them to return? Or is his heart moved with compassion for them and seeks them out? This should help clarify it for you. His love for his people is a consuming love that is relentless, relentless unto death. In the same way Jesus is God's son, Israel is Jesus' son. Now if you have children you would know the passion a good father has for his child.

What ever happens he will eventually be around table mount where the new 3rd Jewish temple and new Juruselem will be.

If you are thinking of that city in Palestine which advertises itself as "Jerusalem", well then you are quite mistaken. The temple that Herod built there was condemned by Jesus. Jesus knew it was not in the right town. This deception has covered almost the entire world until now. Soon, everyone will know this lie.

Also I do'nt think Jesus would open the doors of heaven over Giza as it was a place where idol worship had taken place in the shape of Egyptian culture, it will only confuse people.

Ahh yes, my friend. Idol worship. Now, what do you think caused God to get so angry in the first place? Angry enough to kick his people out of their beloved city......idol worship.

Of Course "Giza" is filled with idols. Read you bible. Jerusalem is filled with them. How many idols have archaelogists dug up from that golden-domed Muslim city?

I would like to know more about why it has come to this conclustion.

You can read my website for starters. You can U2U me questions. You can ask God to show you by the Holy Spirit through scripture.

If Jesus spoke of Jeruselem in Jeruselem then is he lying if he actually meant in Egypt-Juruselem on many occations.

Jesus' main message was for his people to believe on him, that he was the Son of God and that he was the only way to the Father. However, he hinted of the psuedo-Israel by condemning Chorazin, Bethsaida, Capernaum; he says in Matt 23 that Jerusalem(the real one) will NOT SEE HIM HENSEFORTH until they say, "blessed is he who cometh in the name of the Lord".

So think, first, he was inside a temple court where many hundreds of people were present, and yet he called Jerusalem desolate. How can this be, that is, unless there was another town he was alluding to.

Second, who is this person who will come in the name of the Lord?

I do know about ancient Isreal and what it used to occupie its at the back of most Bibles.

the maps are wrong.

I mean if the real Juruselem was in todays Egypt and all the fuss of Christ being the new Jewish king in Isreal then why would he go back to Egypt of today?

He will go back to the Egypt of today because THAT IS Israel.
It will be replenished just as Isaiah said it would. There will be streams in the desert and it shall blossom as a rose.

There has been a self, false-fulfillment in prophecy concerning this, because they replenished the wrong land.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Was not the exodus from Egypt to return to the land of Isreal and both Jeruselems temples were built in this modern Isreal and the third temple would have been already built if Giza was the first original one. But yet another is to come and that is to be in Modern Isreal because it has to be rebuilt not restored. Actually I think I read about this before but either view is interesting and if you believe in something that much its only right to make it known.

But I think all the spiritual warfare revolves around modern Isreal and that needs sorting out. The third Jeruselem temple will be a sign of the end times and many believe this view and table mount is where Jesus was put on the cross and most probably with the new Jeruselem will return.

At least you have made me look into this more and will be looking at the website for more info.

It seems Ironic that no one could build the third Jewish temple for the last 1500 years because of the Muslim building on table mount and it has taken all this history of fullfilling prophecy that the sign will be when the 3rd temple will be rebuilt. It seem purposely done almost and recent eathquakes around the region could cause structual damage for it to come down. The world becoming globolised and nuclear weoponry all indicate the prophecy wars around modern Isreal. You can not help but look in that direction.

Jesus will gather his lost sheep in the form of the 144,000 who are all over the world not just within Isreal for example.

But if you read Matthew 21:12 you will notice that Jesus was angry at the Temple because the people were trading there. v13''My house will be called the house of prayer,' If it was not his house he would say so.
About Isreal being desolate is that not about when Jeruselem and the temple got knocked down around 70ad by the Romans as Jesus predicted and mentioned that not one rock will be in place after I'm gone.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The so-called third temple, I say this because there has already been at least three. A more proper title would be the millenial temple, will be built in true Jerusalem...

Milennial Temple

Read Ezekiel 40-48 for the proper dimensions. Note that ther is no west inner gate. THis sis because the temple complex will lie adjacent to the great pyramid(Zion)

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity is that you in that you in the picture?

What type of Christian are you if you do not mind me asking. Im kind of not with any sort of church but like the research side of things including prophecy and how the world related to the Bible? Just starting off really with a bit of Chatholic school education mixed in.

I have no problem with anybodies view or reseach the more one knows the better.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Genesis 15:18
In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
Genesis 15:17-19 (in Context) Genesis 15 (Whole Chapter)

I find this chapter VERY interesting indeed! Does this mean that Israel has a legitamate claim to EVERYTHING between the Nile and the Euphrates??

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
QUOTE///The End of the Physical World.

As a result of mankind's fall into sin, all creation unwillingly submitted to "the slavery of decay, and groans and suffers till now" (Rom. 8:22).
The time will come in which mankind and the entire material world will be purified and renewed.
This will occur on the last day, following the Universal Judgment, and it will happen by means of fire....... As the world that existed before the deluge was purified from sin by means of the flood, likewise "the present heaven and earth," St. Peter teaches, "are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men … [On that] day … the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up … Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells" (2 Pet. 3:7-13)......

ALSO...The fact that the present temporary world will be transformed was predicted many centuries before Christ by the Psalmist who said..........

QUOTE/// "Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You will endure; Yes, all of them will grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will change them, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will have no end" (Ps. 102:25-27). In other words, the end of the world will not be its destruction but its total renewal.

source...
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

About Sodom and Egypt.....

QUOTE//////St. John the Theologian says: "And I will give power unto My two witnesses,
and they shall prophesy... clothed in sackcloth.
These are the two olive trees,
and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
And when they shall have finished their testimony,
the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them,
and shall overcome them,
and kill them. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city,
which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt,
where also our Lord was crucified" (Rev. 11:3-4, 7-8).

again....About Sodom
the Apostle Peter says: "As God did not spare the ancient world [in the time of Noah] bringing in the flood on the ungodly … and [later] turned the cities of Sodom and Gomorra into ashes, then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment" (2 Pet. 2:5-9........all will be judged at Judgement day eg at the end of this world!

QUOTE///The words "Sodom and Egypt, where even our Lord is crucified," point to the city of Jerusalem, in which our Lord Jesus Christ suffered, as well as many prophets and the first Christians.

READ MORE?
Understanding
the Bible
Part 9
The Book
of Revelation...

www.fatheralexander.org...

IX
helen

[edit on 7/27/2005 by helen670]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
www.mt.net...

This website above gives an evil alternative to the Pyramids and Biblical connections even a connection to Cydonia on Mars. But its up to you how you take it and the rest of the links to the other parts of the website is quite interesting too. But looking at some of the Bible quotes you sort of feel like they are connecting the wrong thing at times.

-bb.www.bible-history.com...

[edit on 27-7-2005 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Just out of curiosity is that you in that you in the picture?

Yes.

What type of Christian are you if you do not mind me asking.

Well it really all boils down to one type - redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ...i.e.saved. But as far as denomination or sect, I do not belong to any particular one, but I believe I will be part of every one.

Im kind of not with any sort of church but like the research side of things including prophecy and how the world related to the Bible?

That's ok. Don't let the flock label you as one fallen away. they do that sort of thing. This is the sin of judging one another. They'll quote Heb 10:25 and tell you you're out of fellowship, and think you're not saved. But God knows your heart, for me anyway, he has been rather specific, and that is not to plug into any particular church. At the proper time, however I'm sure I'll be engrossed in fellowship.

originally posted by ToelintI find this chapter VERY interesting indeed! Does this mean that Israel has a legitamate claim to EVERYTHING between the Nile and the Euphrates??

Well, I tend to believe that the original Euphrates was the Nile. The kjv never mentions "Nile". The River of Egypt it does mention, is now a dried up wadi that ran west to east south of the true holy land.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that the Jewish people at the time were influenced by Egyptian customs. This reminds me of the story of them wanting an idol to worship and Aaron made them a golden calf while Moses got the 10 Commandments. Since you previously mentioned oils, here's an interesting tidbit regarding Jewish kings being anoited:

The word 'Messiah' comes from the Hebrew verb mashiach: 'to anoint', which derives from the Egyptian messeh: 'the holy crocodile'. It was with the fat of the messeh that the Pharaoh's sister-brides anointed their husbands on marriage, and the Egyptian custom sprang from kingly practice in old Mesopotamia. In the Old Testament's Song of Solomon we learn of the bridal anointing of the king. It is detailed that the oil used in Judah was the fragrant ointment of spikenard (an expensive root oil from the Himalayas) and it is explained that this ritual was performed while the kingly husband sat at the table.

Anyway, I think you might find the following interesting yourself:

Concerning the Ark of the Covenant:

www.lexiline.com...

Just keep hitting the "Next" link and you will be surprised how it all ties together.

www.lexiline.com...

One of the most amazing discoveries of all time occurred in 1999 in Egypt. In 1999 Archaeologist Edgar Pusch of the Roemer and Pelizaeus Museum in Hildesheim, Germany discovered the floor remains of an immense temple ruin with the gold dust floors still intact under nearly sixty centimeters of Nile mud about 100 kilometers north of Cairo, Egypt, in the area assigned by Biblical literature to the dwelling place of the Hebrews in Egypt.

Nothing like it has ever been found in Egypt before. Because the cartouche (hieroglyphic insignia of the king) of Ramses II has been found there, the Temple has been assigned to Ramses II.

As shown in other pages of LexiLine and from the revised dating of the birth of Moses to ca. 1700 BC on the authority of Artapanus, Ramses II can only have been the famed King Solomon. Hence the temple floors discovered by Pusch belonged to the destroyed FIRST Temple of Solomon.

It is the temple in which Solomon kept the Ark of the Covenant. The floors are made of a substance into which great amounts of gold dust were mixed. When one walks on them, the shoes leave a trail of gold dust in the air behind, verifying the legend of the wealth of Solomon, according to which even the dust of the streets in Per-Ramses (Pi-Ramesse) was of gold.

Even though this post has not gotten any responses lately, I do hope you post to the links I have provided. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valerina

The word 'Messiah' comes from the Hebrew verb mashiach: 'to anoint', which derives from the Egyptian messeh: 'the holy crocodile'. It was with the fat of the messeh that the Pharaoh's sister-brides anointed their husbands on marriage, and the Egyptian custom sprang from kingly practice in old Mesopotamia. In the Old Testament's Song of Solomon we learn of the bridal anointing of the king. It is detailed that the oil used in Judah was the fragrant ointment of spikenard (an expensive root oil from the Himalayas) and it is explained that this ritual was performed while the kingly husband sat at the table.

Yes, to anoint. This word in the OT is used as "messiah" twice. In Daniel 9 however, this man "Messiah the prince" is not Jesus Christ, who is true messiah. Instead, this anointed one is the man who will lead the world ingathering to the holy city(aka Giza), he will give the commandment to restore anaiml sacrifice in commisioning the altar and the casing stones of Zion to b restored. (No temple however) this will come later. This anointed man is also the latter-day Cyrus spoken of in Isaiah 44-45. He will rebuilt God's city. He is also the latter Joseph in Deut. 33 who will "push" the nations together from the ends of the earth. Jerusalem(Giza) will be restored to excel in it's former glory, the desert shall blossom and streams will appear.

One of the most amazing discoveries of all time occurred in 1999 in Egypt. In 1999 Archaeologist Edgar Pusch of the Roemer and Pelizaeus Museum in Hildesheim, Germany discovered the floor remains of an immense temple ruin with the gold dust floors still intact under nearly sixty centimeters of Nile mud about 100 kilometers north of Cairo, Egypt, in the area assigned by Biblical literature to the dwelling place of the Hebrews in Egypt.

Exciting! but not surprising, it just confirms my conviction. Thank you!

Nothing like it has ever been found in Egypt before. Because the cartouche (hieroglyphic insignia of the king) of Ramses II has been found there, the Temple has been assigned to Ramses II.

I'm also certain that the Jews used hieroglyphics prior to the Hebrew language, that is if indeed they used Hebrew. I have doubts on Hebrew being the original language.

As shown in other pages of LexiLine and from the revised dating of the birth of Moses to ca. 1700 BC on the authority of Artapanus, Ramses II can only have been the famed King Solomon. Hence the temple floors discovered by Pusch belonged to the destroyed FIRST Temple of Solomon.

Halleluyah!

It is the temple in which Solomon kept the Ark of the Covenant. The floors are made of a substance into which great amounts of gold dust were mixed. When one walks on them, the shoes leave a trail of gold dust in the air behind, verifying the legend of the wealth of Solomon, according to which even the dust of the streets in Per-Ramses (Pi-Ramesse) was of gold.

I want to encourage you in your refreshing insight. Thank you so much.

Even though this post has not gotten any responses lately, I do hope you post to the links I have provided. Thanks.

I'll look at them very soon.
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

1Kings 14
And it came to pass in the fifth year of king Rehoboam, that Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem:

And he took away the treasures of the house of the LORD, and the treasures of the king's house; he even took away all: and he took away all the shields of gold which Solomon had made.

I think you've found the temple remains.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The Jews througout their own recorded history have been quite bad at directions. The Jews are nothing more than liars trying to use a poor historical reference, the torah, as means to stake their calim in Israel. There is was no King David.

This theory doesn't come as a surprise to me. I think I should like to find more...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join