It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Seal of Solomon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
King Solomon, third king of Israel, was known for his great spheres of wisdom, power, and influence. He brought commercial prosperity his kingdom, built a grand temple to house his diety YHWH and the Ark of the Covenant, and created alliances with nations.

In Medieval Jewish, Islamic, and Christian legends, the Seal of Solomon was a magical signet ring said to have been possessed by King Solomon (or Sulayman in the Islamic version), which variously gave him the power to command demons (or jinni), or to speak with animals.

Many legends of Christian, Jewish, and Arabic origin grant him with the power to control demons. According to tradition in many circles, this ability flowed from a decorative ring, having many descriptions. Solomon also wrote one or more books, supposedly, displaying his knowledge of demonology and how to cast spells, called the Key of Solomon.

My question: does anyone have any knowledge as to if these artifacts do, in reality, exist, and, if they do, where sources would indicate their locations to be?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Solomon began to worship the gods of his foreign wives, which came with them the art of magic. His down fall was because of this. God divided the 12 tribe kingdom into two parts. The Two Tribe Kingdom in the south and the Ten Tribe Kingdom in the north. Jerusalem and Samaria.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I know that Solomon got into trouble because of his polygamy, and it led him to involvement with the Pagan gods of the Canaanites. And because of this his kingdom was severed into Israel and Judah.

Most myths attribute Solomon's powers over demons to have their source in God ("white magic," if you will, supposedly). I am just curious as to the existence of the seal.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well Fortimus these artifacts do still exist. There known as the greater and lesser keys of solomon. What he would do is draw out the symbol (or key) of whatever demon he was trying to summon. He also used keys for protection, wealth, invisibility, ect..... Here's a great website for you to check out.

www.esotericarchives.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I have a copy of "The Goetia, The Lesser Key of Solomon the King, Clavicual Salomonis Regis" Translated by Samuel L. MacGregor Mathers, Intro and edited by Aleister Crowley. It is printed by Samuel Weser, Inc. who have a website at www. weiserbooks.com.

That said it should be noted that throughout history there have been countless works passed off as the Lesser and Greater Keys of Solomon so any work claiming to be such should be taken with a grain of salt.

It is an interesting book. The work assumes you have already summoned your Holy Gaurdian Angel, a lengthy process detailed in another work called, if I remember correctly, "The Sacred Teachings of Abramelin(sp?) the Mage. Much of The Goetia is a listing of demons, their symbols, stations, powers, etc. The first part of the book is an invocation and the book ends with a vast ammount of charts.

The Magic Ring of Solomon is detailed, although this book claims it is a disc of silver or gold, not a ring that is worn on ones hand.

I read The Goetia some time ago, it is interesting, but unless you are very interested in ritual magic you would have little interest in it. If it does interest you I would most strongly recommend the other book I mentioned, "Sacred Teachings of Abramelin" as communion with ones Holy Guardian Angel is essential for safe workings.

Just my 2 bits, and my first post!

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Fortimus,
Alot of that information is found in books and writings in local Masonic lodges. They revere Solomon as a Great Master of the Lodge.
It is also found in the Kaballah which certain copies can be found in Masonic Lodges. Kaballah also known as the greater mysteries and the lesser mysteries. Sound familiar.?? The question is can you get a Mason to come off those books for you to view if you are not under oath.
Kaballah is also used by the Jews which tells you certain Lodge and Jewish practices are related back in history. The key will be to discern in what light they are related.
Also suggest you research the seal of Remphan.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There is no information in the bible to support this.
You can read about Solomons downfall in 1 Kings 11.

God did not leave an item that could be used for any purpose of His.
Even the bronze serpent that Moses made in the wilderness at Gods command was later destroyed because people started worshiping it.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
To my knowledge it's a Tantric symbol from the Indus-Kush.

It symbolizes the 'Hidden Sephirah' which is Daath(The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil), but also Abba and Aima(or Shiva and Shakti) of the Sephirah Binah.

So I'd conclude that Abraham brought it from the East to the "Middle East"; that is, after he received further education regarding The Tree of Life in the "African" land of Kemet, which is now called "Egypt".

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Their probably locked away in the secret vatican archives

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Peace orangetom1999

Originally posted by orangetom1999

Alot of that information is found in books and writings in local Masonic lodges. They revere Solomon as a Great Master of the Lodge.
It is also found in the Kaballah which certain copies can be found in Masonic Lodges. Kaballah also known as the greater mysteries and the lesser mysteries. Sound familiar.??

The question is can you get a Mason to come off those books for you to view if you are not under oath.

No need.

Study the works of Samael Aun Weor and Ra Un Nefer Amen(which will shed Light on the works of the likes of H.P. Blavatsky, Dion Fortune, Manly P. Hall, MacGregor Mathers, Eliphas Levi, Rudolph Steiner, etc.(I personally don't recommend studying Aleister Crowley, Franz Bardon, Israel Regardie and some other particular Occultist's writings).

It is taught that Initiations in the Physical world are no longer necessary, due to the works of the Masters who have/are revealing the teachings for this Age of Aquarius in their books, and many of the Gnostic Lumisials.

The Knowledge and Meditations for the Minor and Major Mysteries, are said to now be availible for the masses.

Kaballah is also used by the Jews which tells you certain Lodge and Jewish practices are related back in history. The key will be to discern in what light they are related.

Unfortunately many of the 'Jewish' Kabbalists, either don't know many of the 'Mysteries', or won't reveal them.

Many of them seem to want to claim the Science as their culture's intellectual property, when in fact the Kemetians and Brahmans/Rishis(and Atlantians, etc. assuming they existed) and some other cultures; had Gnosis of The Tree of Life, way before any Hebrew let alone a "Jew" was ever born.

Ask a Rabbi to explain Daath and see what he says...

To me, the whole Hebrew and Jewish history is very mysterious; and I'm sure it is for a reason, that one has a very difficult time searching for the truth regarding it.

Also suggest you research the seal of Remphan.

Thanks. I will.

Hotep

[edit on 17-7-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Even the bronze serpent that Moses made in the wilderness at Gods command was later destroyed because people started worshiping it.

This is all symbolic.

The Bronze Serpent that he raised in the wilderness was not a physical thing; it is actually the Kundalini Serpent.

And wasn't it the golden calf that was destroyed?(symbolizing the ending of Taurus and the beginning of Aries perhaps?)

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
(Actually, Solomon didn't get into trouble for his polygamy, which was allowed and sanctioned by YHVH in those days. He got into trouble for other things, however.)

Most of what shows up in the occult literature can be directly traced back to Medieval writings. Solomon was a popular figure for the three cultures, and anytime a storyteller needed a great hero, they would haul out Solomon as a centerpiece for the story (similar to what was done with Arthur and Robin Hood and Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie, etc, etc.)

Originally posted by Fortimus
King Solomon, third king of Israel, was known for his great spheres of wisdom, power, and influence. He brought commercial prosperity his kingdom, built a grand temple to house his diety YHWH and the Ark of the Covenant, and created alliances with nations.

Many legends of Christian, Jewish, and Arabic origin grant him with the power to control demons. According to tradition in many circles, this ability flowed from a decorative ring, having many descriptions. Solomon also wrote one or more books, supposedly, displaying his knowledge of demonology and how to cast spells, called the Key of Solomon.

The Biblical book, Song of Solomon, is supposed to be his and there's a couple of other apocryphal ones as well.

How would we know that they were apocryphal and that the stories are myth and not fact? By the outcomes.

In the stories, Solomon has (variously) demons and djinns and efrits construct magical buildings overnight and move mountains. But if you go to the sites and look around carefully, you won't find any trace of these buildings or any evidence of a moved mountain. Local legends will vary wildly about this, too.

In addition, if such a thing existed, it would be impossible for the one (or ones) with the power to hide. People use power and things of power very foolishly and the one who had the power or wielded the objects would have been tempted long ago to step in and meddle with the world. Not through some kind of "invisible organization" (because the organization can turn on you) but by using the power.

Even in the hands of an organization, you couldn't miss something like that. And in previous eras (before the Machine Age, before the 1950's, it would have been far too obvious if someone was moving impossible items and having impossible buildings built (not trivial feats of human engineering like the stones at Baalbek or the Coral Castle (because those were moved by humans) but something vast like moving Pike's peak from one end of the Rockies to another or putting the Grand Canyon between two warring countries.)

They're wonderful tales and were actually an important part of moralizing sermons in Germany in the Middle Ages. But the objects aren't real.

The seal's kind of fun and funky to draw and there's lots of jewelry out there with it. I've got several pieces, myself. Great fun to own but hasn't brought a single demon around to my command.

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by jake1997

This is all symbolic.

The Bronze Serpent that he raised in the wilderness was not a physical thing; it is actually the Kundalini Serpent.

And wasn't it the golden calf that was destroyed?(symbolizing the ending of Taurus and the beginning of Aries perhaps?)

Peace

I do need to make a correction. It appears it was copper.

Also..it was symbolic of Jesus being lifted up and healing us all....but it was also a real copper item

2Ki 18:4 He removed the high places(shrines) and broke the pillars(obelisks of baal) and cut down the Asherah(symbols of Astarte) . And he broke in pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made, for until those days the people of Israel had made offerings to it (it was called Nehushtan).

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
Solomon began to worship the gods of his foreign wives, which came with them the art of magic. His down fall was because of this. God divided the 12 tribe kingdom into two parts. The Two Tribe Kingdom in the south and the Ten Tribe Kingdom in the north. Jerusalem and Samaria.

i thought that two more of solomons progency held the entire office of the kingship, as was promised to david. then the kingdom was split into two. Solomons error was later repented of in his life, but he did build a type of the antichrist system.

btw, the tree of life thing , Jesus is the tree of life. (satan of knowledge good and evil). (many references to people being trees in OT).

and solomon was instructed not to have 900 somethign wives concubines etc...
Deu 17:17 Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.

[edit on 2005-7-18 by NuTroll]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
What if it was neither silver, nor gold?

Polygonati Rhizoma, Solomon's Seal. It's an herb used in Chinese medicine, also known as the Great Yang, or Yellow Essence.

Said to grant, among other things, knowledge and health.

Often mixed with wine, which was much beloved by Solomon if I'm not mistaken.

It's a possibility worth considering.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

btw, the tree of life thing , Jesus is the tree of life. (satan of knowledge good and evil).

Thanks
I never heard that before about satan.
It makes sense.
Jesus said 'My words are life"
That is what we 'eat'. His words. Jesus Himself IS the word.

Its only logical then that it was the words of satan that were the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
i saw on a discovery documentary that they think the ark of the covenant is in some building in Turkey. some excavators were given permission to go in there but as they got close to the east wall "something would not permit them to go any further, and then the gov. pulled the plug on the project.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Solomon followed gods such as Ashtoreth (goddess of the Sidonians), Molech (the god of the Ammonites), Chemosh (the god of Moab). Much freemasonry is based on the Temple of Solomon; in the Kabalistic point of view, everything is symbolic for something else, the world is filled with subtle connections which hide the deepest secrets. The goal of Kabalists is to understand this process, the universe and the way back to God. Kabala is of Jewish origin, roots in the magick of the tribes of the middle east, combined with Egyptian and chaldean magick. For instance, Sepher Yetzirah (the Book of Formation), Greek magick and philosophy influenced the Cabalists (began to interact with the Order of Hermes and the Gnostics, a group of images in the celestial chorus). So much of what Solomon and others like him were created in order to influence the mysticism of the sects. Secret key? It's like saying, Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon Church (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) found a book buried in the ground (Book of Mormon), and henceforth, a new Church of Christ is transformed from concept into reality. King Solomon too created illusions in order to influence his own people (the Hebrews).

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I know this may sound a little out of bounds for some to even consider ...

but I believe it so adamantly because of personal experiences I'll share it regardless.

I will agree with Jake1997 on this. I don't believe artifacts that supposedly contained the powers of which you speak of were permitted to continue to exist because of peoples envy to possess them and the havok they caused in peoples greed to own them, and worship them, or misuse them.

The special gifts you speak of reside within each of us now. They are there, dormant and unused, until you know you are worthy to utilize them.

Solomon's seal is the symbol. A symbol that references the subliminal interpretations of how our minds see and hear language and interpret and integrate it without us being consciously aware of the fact we even had that thought.

I sort of feel repetative, but if you learn how the brain functions and how we think, and intigrate the stimulus from all senses, it is our conscious state of mind that dictates what our subconscious mind is permitted by us to reveal to us.

What that simply means is you are not totally aware of reality if you know negativity and fearful thoughts, and hateful thoughts, and well ... if you are the kind of person who is mostly self serving.

It is people who are most self serving who only take in information about time and their environment, and thier bodies. Why? They have conditioned their brains to take in only what they need to know to meet their needs and wants. They are literally oblivious to most of what is going on, if the knowledge of the experience does not serve any purpose they have.

As for relics.

I believe the Ark of the Covenant, or more than one still exists, as does Araan's breastplate. Other than those two objects and what appears in the Ark, no holy or powerful inanimate objects exist. That is merely my opinion.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Okay, I really DON'T want to jump the track, but I GOTTA ask this question. What was so mystical about Aaron's breastplate?

Exodus 28, 15-30:

"And thou shall make the breastplate of judgement with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen shalt thou make it.

Foursquare it shall be doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.

And thou shalt set in it settings of stones, even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.

And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire, and a diamond. And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst. And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper; they shall be set in gold in their enclosings.

And the stones shall be with the names of the children of Israel, twelve, according to their names, like the engravings on a signet; every one with his name shall they be according to the twelve tribes....

And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgement upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the Lord continually."

Another thing...I think I have some pics of the Seal Of Solomon somewhere. I'll thry to upload them later.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Toelint]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join