It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Lifts Ban On Troops Entering London (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The US military has lifted the ban on US militery personnel entering London. The US warned its men not to enter London or the M25 area, but there was criticism that it sent out the wrong signals at a time when the emphasis was on "business as usual" in London after the attacks.

news.bbc.co.uk
Personnel, most of them from US Air Force units at RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath, in Suffolk, were told last week not to go within the M25 motorway.

The Commander of US Forces in Europe, General James L. Jones, based at Mons in Belgium, said in a statement: "[We have] lifted all travel restrictions for US personnel stationed in the United Kingdom.

"While all personnel are encouraged to be vigilant, we cannot allow ourselves to be intimidated by the acts of terrorists. All US personnel are encouraged to continue with their normal routine."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its good that this ban has been lifted.

The US imposing this ban sent out a message to the terrorists that they were winning, so it being lifted is defnitley a good thing!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
While I know this story is kind of covered already in the previous headline of the ban being imposed. However I have voted 'Yes' for it as I tihnk that it is important that the fact it has been lifted is highlighted at least as well as the fact it was imposed..

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I was in two minds wether to post it for the same reason, but i felt that it deserved its own thread rather than just being added to the other one!

And thanks for voting.....

Mic

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have also voted 'YES' on this as i feel it needed to be seperate from the original thread.

top topics

join