It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be murdered in your sleep...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
What happens if you where asleep and someone puts a gun to you head and squizez the trigger? Do you just continue dreaming into a everlasting dream or do you instantly know what just happend? I was wondering that last night when i was watching a movie...

Any thoughts...?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You'll just die. Simple as that.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
You sure Majestic? What if the bullet misses and makes you paralysed, then you'd wake up I would think.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I mean, if the bullet enters the brain, do you just shutdown or do you have a final thought...?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Nobody can answer that question because nobody in this forum has had their brains splattered all over their pillow.

You would not continue dreaming because that requires brain chemicals and synapses firing, which would no longer be the case in your stone cold dead corpse.

If you had a final thought like "WTF?!? Is that my brains on my pillow?"
It wouldn't matter, because you would be dead in moments.

Assuming you didn't survive and were paralyzed, well then, maybe a coma for months and months.

Warning:9.9 of 10 doctors agree, don't try this at home kids.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Warning:9.9 of 10 doctors agree, don't try this at home kids.

Thats funny....

But what i mean, if the human body has a soul that travels out the body at time that it die's, and you "live" on in some kind of higher dimension, how can you be sure that its a not a dream if you dont know that you have been shot.....?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan

But what i mean, if the human body has a soul that travels out the body at time that it die's, and you "live" on in some kind of higher dimension, how can you be sure that its a not a dream if you dont know that you have been shot.....?

I would think that you would realize you aren't dreaming....since you won't have your physical body anymore.

People who have near-death experiences state that they "float" above their bodies or "float" to the ceiling and can see what is going on below.

So, I would think this would be a similar experience....just my guess though.

Faeryland

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Faeryland]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sleep is a form of death.

And yes, you are being killed in your sleep.

Wake up in a bad mood, no energy, strange dreams, marks on your body...

We'll stop there.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faeryland

People who have near-death experiences state that they "float" above their bodies or "float" to the ceiling and can see what is going on below.

[edit on 12-7-2005 by Faeryland]

I've had a dream where I was shot in the head and when I was shot I left my body and was floating above the shooter and my own body.

I did wake up shortly after the floating.

So I don't believe if you die in your dreams you really die in your bed.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would think dieing in your sleep would be the perfect way to die. You would have no worries. If you take away the ability to fear death then it would be a wonderful thing. I had a near death experience. My views on death are very distorted now because of it. Where as most people are sad when someone dies, I am happy for them. so if you died in your sleep, you wouldnt be able to fear death. You would go from a happy dream place into an even happier place, unless you killed yourself, but that is another subject completly.

join