It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange light moving in odd way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If your in Long Island, New York in the BayShore, Brentwood area, look west -> North west right now.

Theres a very strange object in the sky moving amazingly fast, at extremely tight angles.

I don't have a digi camera, but I do have a cell phone with a camera, i'll try my best to get as much photos as I can.

I also have an 8x spotting scope, I'm gonna try to get a closer look at whatever this is.

I'm not saying this is a UFO as in Aliens are piloting it, but I have no clue what can be moving so fast, at such odd angles. It appears to have a green light trimming around it in a circele I'll be back in a little whiel I wanna look at this thing some more. I'll expain how I noticed it outside.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
My camera phone didn't work out as nicely as I hoped for... infact I don't think it worked at all.

We've had some guest over the house for the past week, and my dog wasn't acting to friendly towards them tonight... I decided to take the dog out, to let him calm down abit, and take care of his "business". While the dog sniffed around, I looked up at the sky like I normally do, and scanned the skies. When I looked directly over my house (West) I saw a solid green light, heading north.

The light was moving pretty fast, but I thought nothing of it, and just watched it as it kept on going in it's direction. As it went north, it suddenly out of no where just started heading south. It seemed to be gaining altitude as well. The second I saw it make that move I freaked out, and my arm hair stood up. I watched it for a little bit longer (about 45 seconds). It was continuing to head south... We own a meade 4501 telescope but this thing was moving so fast I figured I would've had a hard time spotting, and focusing in on the object. Instead I ran inside to get a spotting scope, as it allows you to see a much wider area up close (makes it easier for me to spot, and track the object.)

Anyhow I went inside the house, got the scope, and wrote the first post. I allready had ATS open, because before I left to let the dog out I was in the middle of writing a u2u message to somebody. I made the post, and went back outside with the scope. I looked over my house once again, and the green light was still there. This time it was sitting stationary. I looked at it abit without aid of the scope. I was begining to think it was just a star, or something. I then looked from what I could make out it looked like a pill with a green thing (that emits light) on the bottom, it may have had pale yellowish lights on the side, I couldn't really tell you.

After looking at it abit longer, I began to think it was a star again. It was just sitting there doing nothing. It then "dropped" (appeared to go straight down), and then shot to the right (North once again), it stayed stationary for a little while longer (3 seconds? maybe longer) then "dropped" again. After this drop it shot away to the north. I kept on watching it untill I couldn't see it any longer.

This totally was a UFO in the sense that it was an unidentified flying object to me. I'm not saying aliens were in this thing steering it, but it was making some crazy moves, at really high speeds.

I'm used to seeing planes fly over my house, because I think I'm over a flight path for Jet Blue (the orange blue planes), and some other airline. It's also not unusual to see private jets fly over my house as well. I'm pretty used to seeing aircraft over my area, and I'm like 80% certain this wasn't a usual aircraft, It was moving way too weird to be one.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
As stupid, and useless as it is, this is the photo I was able to take on my phone. Not really what I was hoping for. I think I can faintly see it, but chances are that just wishful thinking.

Don't expect to see much: www.geocities.com...

The object was quite a distance away, If I had to estimate It was over the Deer Park trainstation which is a a few minutes down the main road from where I live.

[edit on 7/11/05 by microcosm]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a waste of time to anybody. I have no video to prove this really happened, and the 1 photo I did manage to take is horrible, and shows absolutely nothing. I'm not trying to say this was an alien space ship; it very likely could've been a plane, helicopter, or natural event...

I just decided to share my brief, and only experiance with a "ufo" (in the literal sense of the word) that I had tonight. It was strange as heck, but sorta exciting too! (my heart was pumping during the entire thing) Hopefully someone else in my area got a look too.

If you got any questions feel free to ask me.

On a side note, I'm not really one to talk about aliens, and ufos. I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to claims like this. I do believe in aliens, but I believe they're elsewhere in the universe. I do not believe that they're visiting humans, and/or traveling to earth via space craft either.

Anyhow, thanks for reading. Thats my 15 seconds of UFO fame.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Wow, I wish I could've seen that.

Do you think any of your neighbors took pictures?

top topics

join