It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts in the Shower...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Having just hopped out of the shower after work, I had an odd experience.

The door was closed. The vent fan was on. When someone comes into the bathroom there are several different things that alert you to their presence.

You can't hear the door open, but the air pressure changes. The vent fan shifts in speed. A shadow will appear on the wall, and you can just feel someone there.

Well, I just had this happen, only no one was there. I was shaving, the air changed, the vent fan shifted, I thought I caught a glimpse of a shadow on the wall, and I could just feel someone there. I poked my head out expecting to see my girlfriend, but no one was there.

When I got out, I noticed my g/f was still asleep. Even if she did try to play a joke on me, she couldn't keep a straight face if her life depended on it. (she's one of those types).

A very interesting experience for me. Did a ghost just hop into the shower with me?

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
wow thats kinda freaky, maybe the ghost fancy a quick scrub down
nah, but seriously, its probably a ghost by the sounds of it. Is your house haunted???????

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
shadow people... I'd explain further, but there are numerous threads on them, and a simple google search should turn up quite a bit of info....

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
wow thats kinda freaky, maybe the ghost fancy a quick scrub down
nah, but seriously, its probably a ghost by the sounds of it. Is your house haunted???????

Not that I know of. I live in an apartment. Be kinda nice of it was more than just what I witnessed, but still pretty cool moment.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well maybe you should get some evp recorders and go inside, start asking some questions. I dunno if that would work with Shadowmen though, I'm new to this stuff.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It is a common misconception these days that new buildings cannot be haunted. Most people think only an old house, or sanatorium or maybe a closed hospital can be haunted, if they believe at all.

Truth be told, a home built a week ago can be haunted. And haunt are by varying degrees. There can be very active hauntings or very little activity.

Residual Hauntings = Buildings will "record" an event or past living occurances to be "played back" later.

Active hauntings = Spirits actually showing intelligence of some kind. I.E. Moving of objects, voices, knocking, footsteps, etc.

Walk-in's = Spirits just "passing though" the building or grounds.

These are types of hauntings. There are many forms within each type.

To me, it sounds as though you may have had a "walk-in" that may have just been passing through since there is no past history of hauntings. However, now that they know you can feel them there, it may very well cause other things to happen, as most ghost only want to be known. When they know someone can tell they are there, it can make further occurances more known.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
It is a common misconception these days that new buildings cannot be haunted. Most people think only an old house, or sanatorium or maybe a closed hospital can be haunted, if they believe at all.

Truth be told, a home built a week ago can be haunted. And haunt are by varying degrees. There can be very active hauntings or very little activity.

Residual Hauntings = Buildings will "record" an event or past living occurances to be "played back" later.

Active hauntings = Spirits actually showing intelligence of some kind. I.E. Moving of objects, voices, knocking, footsteps, etc.

Walk-in's = Spirits just "passing though" the building or grounds.

These are types of hauntings. There are many forms within each type.

To me, it sounds as though you may have had a "walk-in" that may have just been passing through since there is no past history of hauntings. However, now that they know you can feel them there, it may very well cause other things to happen, as most ghost only want to be known. When they know someone can tell they are there, it can make further occurances more known.

Hey well maybe their friendly, maybe they just want to be loved. Maybe you can just sit down and talk to one or something

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It depends on what they are after. Some aren't after anything, in fact, don't even know they are dead. Others are trying to find out why they are dead. Some want contact with living. Most "walk-ins" are just passing through on their way to somewhere else.

There are also other types of spirits than those of deceased humans. They may be animal spirits, or even other dimentional beings such as "Shadow People" as they are called. These beings are not well known. In fact, no one really knows where they are from, what they want, or why they are here.

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I dont know if you have heard about those mothmen entities that few have seen that predicted and warned a few people about things. Are Shadowmen and Mothmen one in a same? I'm sure you all heard about that bridge in maine I think that collapsed for no reason and the mothmen warned this one guy about it. Is it possible if Shadowmen and mothmen arent the same that maybe theyre rival entities? Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Nope. No reason for ghost busters here

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It was especially interesting for me because I never have such experiences. They almost seem to avoid me...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
LOL! I'll have to ask sometime if they DO avoid some people. LOL. (I do know they are more drawn to some than others)

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Mothman and Shadow People are different. I have never seen a mothman, but have had very up close and personal contact with a Shadow Person.

Mothman is generally seen in times where an immediate threat is near. Such as the case in Point Pleasant WV. I have never heard of "violent" contact with the mothmen.

However, shadow people CAN be EXTREMELY violent. I have seen one throw a grown man off a table. I have been pushed down stairs by one and even "crushed" (like a big bear hug) by one. Shadow People are not nice guys.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
See thats why I think mothmen and Shadow men come from the same dimension, and are at war. I bet shadowmen caused the point Pleasant bridge collapse, and mothmen were trying to warn people about it in effort to stop the shadowmen

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Having just hopped out of the shower after work, I had an odd experience.

A very interesting experience for me. Did a ghost just hop into the shower with me?

Were you being burgled? A large proportion of burglaries happen while the occupants are in the house.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What ya mean, Zzub? I don't get it...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Interesting thought there Wolfofwar. I think I'll have to ponder that for a while.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What I meant was that if it seemed like someone had been in the house/room, from the things you noticed, then is it possible there was actually someone there?

I should have been more clear.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No, that's not possible Zzub. For one thing it was early day time. Second, my door is always locked...

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yeah, on reading your post a few more times, it became obvious that I was wrong. It must have been spooky.

Once, I was sitting upstairs in my house and I clearly heard a word spoken at me from just over my right shoulder. I knew I was alone in the house and there was nothing there. It must have felt similar for you how I felt then. Funny thing is I can't remember the word, I was so shocked. It was a womans voice I didn't recognize.

new topics

top topics

join