It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Meat - Would that be OK with you (and PETA)?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've always wondered why they weren't doing this (and to grow wood artificially and faster, but that's another topic). I'd support it. Though I haven't given much thought to cruelty to animals, read Fast Food Nation and tell me you prefer our current methods. It's a cleanliness and purity issue to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Man, Peta is not trying to make you feel guilty. The purpose is to open your eyes and become aware of what's happening behind your "tasty" meal.
I am not a member of PETA but I became a Vegan 3 months ago, because of the animal cruelty.

Im still curious seeing the way Kobe cows are slaughtered. At least those ones are not suffering from all the abuse and cruelty than the rest of the animals go thru.

Vegan is a great option and not that difficult once you re-educate your self and learn where to get your B-12 and Omegas from.

I feel great and I've lost about 10 pounds already.

=)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well sure this would be okay with me...

But if they can do this... I want more meat types other than Cow and it shouldn't be any problem for me to eat...any kind of meat I like since it's grown in a lab.

I'll have the Human Flavored Burger with jalapenos, tomatos and cheddar please!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
as sad as this may sound.... I'm getting sick and tired of human compassion. It's this fatal flaw in the human condition that holds back Humans from reaching their potential. We can't grow disease free, nutritional meat with absolutely no need to torture or slaughter countless animals simply because people might "lose their livelihood". Honestly, If it's an advancement for the betterment of mankind as a whole, which it is, then a small portion of the population having to retrain or perish should be of no concern.

We as a species have been constantly weakening our gene pool since the medical profession came to be. Countless genetic flaws and hereditary diseases should have died off from our gene pool long ago but because of this underlying need for us to preserve all human life, peanut allergies, huntington's, down syndrome, etc. all still exist.

We need to, as a species, come to the realization that we will never and can never advance to our full potential as long as we continue to preserve and watch over those that cannot survive on their own. this may be a tad off topic and if so i'm sorry, but it was the "what about the farmers?" posts that triggered this semi-rant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join