It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring back the wooly mammoth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Scientists are going to use the fossilised sperm found in frozen wooly mammoths and implant it ito a female elephant! They say within 50 years we'll have a creature that is 88% mammoth. Next they'll try and bring back Elvis or dinosaurs and the world will be one huge Jurrasic Park. Still its a cool idea and very interesting. They might be able to bring back the Dodo or Terradactyls?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I don't think anything about this evil or anything, so don't take my comments that way, but my concern stems from what types of diseases we could re-introduce into nature by bringing back these long-extinct species. I hope we don't introduce a species that wipes us out with some type of disease that has beene eradicated with their passing!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Imagine when our cloning technology becomes so advanced that when we find a dead human from thousands of years ago we are able to clone him/her and have a live model of the earliest humans!
Of course their brain size would prevent them from understanding many things.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
(Really creepy deep voice) And so begins the creation of the Island of Dr.Moreau!

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Scientists are going to use the fossilised sperm found in frozen wooly mammoths and implant it ito a female elephant! They say within 50 years we'll have a creature that is 88% mammoth. Next they'll try and bring back Elvis or dinosaurs and the world will be one huge Jurrasic Park. Still its a cool idea and very interesting. They might be able to bring back the Dodo or Terradactyls?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, difference between the Mammoth and a dinosaur is that we don't have anything related to dinosaurs today, and no sperm. It seems dinosaurs were Warm Blooded, like mammals and birds, but laid eggs, like birds and reptiles. Do we have any warm blooded reptiles today? No. Dinosaurs were a unique type of animal, they were there own uh, gender? Mammals, Reptiles, Fish, parasites, Virus/Bacteria, Plants, so forth are different classes or something. Dinosaurs were there own, so we would have a hard time of doing the same thing with one.

Also, no big surprise, people in Siberia/Alaska/Northern Canada use to find frozen Mammoths and eat them!!!! The meat was still good after 10,000 years! Hell, at a science thingy they served Mammoth steaks!. So it still being good is no surprise, hope it works.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I don't think anything about this evil or anything, so don't take my comments that way, but my concern stems from what types of diseases we could re-introduce into nature by bringing back these long-extinct species. I hope we don't introduce a species that wipes us out with some type of disease that has beene eradicated with their passing!

Absolutely impossible.

The real problem is introducing enough immunity via a 'mother' that they won't die from any current viruses or bacteria around today.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Is anyone sure they could actually survive today? The world must have been different before the Ice Age..............

new topics

top topics

join