It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's Burning - The Conspiracy Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So for those that haven't stepped on the "we-wont-be-deterred" train to Waristan and since this is a conspiracy site yet we aren't talking about conspiracies....

Here's some other news on the London bombing. Feel free to add your own. If you want to discuss "the Al-Qaedas did it" then use one of the other London threads because that is their focus right now.
If your a source freek then take it with a grain of salt but keep in mind, have you heard much more than 'Al-qeada, we won't be deterred, we'll fight on, we'll must stop terrorism' etc etc?

There's ways to be emotional about this event without getting narrow in your view on what happened. The biggest forsight issue with 9/11 amongst the conspiracy community is by not shaking the emotion until years later and then being able to stand back and think somethings not right.

Don't let the media dictate how you should use your rational thought and logic.

What's Behind the London Attacks?
"I feel like I'm sitting in my apartment watching the World Trade Center collapse all over again.

Everything is the same, right down to the previously unheard of Islamic group (The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe? Are you kidding me?) taking credit – even though the translation falls apart under scrutiny and the Q'uran is improperly cited. Considering the only Al Qaeda cell to ever be uncovered was a front for the Mossad, you'd think the perpetrators could at least come up with a clever new booga-booga name to grab headlines. Their arrogance is startling.

Netanyahu says that British police had warned the Israelis (but not the rest of the city?) of a pending attack. Scotland Yard denies this; Israel's reply was to say Netanyahu received his warning after the first blast. How? It was initially reported as a power surge for hours. What is being hidden here? And why isn't there an investigation into these obvious discrepancies?"
www.thesimon.com...

Phony 'Al-Qaeda' Responsibility Claim a Proven Hoax
"MSNBC TV translator Jacob Keryakes, who said that a copy of the message was later posted on a secular Web site, noted that the claim of responsibility contained an error in one of the Quranic verses it cited. That suggests that the claim may be phony, he said.

"This is not something al-Qaida would do," he said.

Furthermore, the website posting doesn't even claim personal responsibility, it simply references "the heroic mujahedeen" in the third person. The posting praises the attack, it doesn't even take responsibility for it."
www.prisonplanet.com...

Bomb Scare Suggests Blair Knew and Did Nothing
"A number of sources in different areas of the city have confirmed to this writer that all Sheffield buses were delayed for an hour or more as they were sent back to the depot to be checked for bombs. This occured early Tuesday evening, less than 48 hours before the London attack.

The bomb scare was the topic of every bus and tram terminal conversation in the city center.

Strangely enough the local print and television media didn't cover the bomb scare at all, this in a town where a traffic accident is top story for three days running. This suggests the police passed on a directive not to report on the incident."

Stratfor Consulting Intelligence Agency: ’Israel Warned United Kingdom About Possible Attacks’
"Contrary to original claims that Israel was warned “minutes before” the first attack, unconfirmed rumors in intelligence circles indicate that the Israeli government actually warned London of the attacks “a couple of days” previous. Israel has apparently given other warnings about possible attacks that turned out to be aborted operations. The British government did not want to disrupt the G-8 summit in Gleneagles, Scotland, or call off visits by foreign dignitaries to London, hoping this would be another false alarm."
www.prisonplanet.com...

Israel Orders Officials Not To Speak To Media About Bombings
"The Prime Minister's Office instructed Israeli officials not to give interviews to the foreign media Thursday on the London bombings.

The source indicated that part of the reason for such circumspection stemmed from the high level of "speculation" concerning the attacks. He specifically referred to a report that came out soon after Thursday's bombings that Israel had received advance warning of the attacks, pointing to the "danger that this kind of report can bring to Israel."
www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 9-7-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
you offer a lot of good points and i'm just sick of hearing people saying its 'the secret organization of the people's front of the popular front of al-qaida in europe'.

i think the most logical story is that there were threats and nobody did anything to act upon them, as you say 'hoping they would just be false alarms'. unless blair perhaps thought it'd be one small bomb and then he could play his 'terror card' as alex jones put it. this means that the public are now scared and thus get behind g8 and the id card bill (especially the id card bill). if you read on alex jones' site he has a lot of information about how governments have done this in the past.

80% said no to the id card before the attacks, im almost certain this will drop.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I myself am not entirely convinced of the current story surrounding the bombings. Having said that, I am not going to jump on the Conspiracy bandwagon either.

Personally, with the discovery two months ago that the Gov' had upped the alert level for IRA dissidents (they were gearing up for a mainland attack apparently) and the method of attack, I am not ruling them out.

Here is the link to ATSNN of that story:

ATSNN:IRA Dissident Threat level increased

What we need to do (and someone suggested in on my ATSNN thread about the bombings) is to collate any evidence of announcements, what people said etc etc before they are all erased from the web. Then we can look at the facts as it happened and draw conclusions.

We also need to wait to see what the Gov/Police do about this. I find it hard to believe the UK Government would deliberately kill it's own and at least in this case there should be a proper investigation (as is the British way), rather than what happened after 9/11.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I myself am not entirely convinced of the current story surrounding the bombings. Having said that, I am not going to jump on the Conspiracy bandwagon either.

Agreed but hell, if we can't talk about it on the 'Above Top Secret Conspiracy Community' then something is wrong. People that are emotional or dead set on it being Osama need to realise that a large part of discussion and brainstorming is collating all information as you say and not just go with what we're told.

What we need to do (and someone suggested in on my ATSNN thread about the bombings) is to collate any evidence of announcements, what people said etc etc before they are all erased from the web. Then we can look at the facts as it happened and draw conclusions.

This site i linked to originally tells their point of view but does so by linking to articles when each point is made. It's a good collection of information to add to the pile.

www.thesimon.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I agree that if you cant talk about this at ATS, then something is wrong. We cannot let those who ridicule the conspiracists (they know who they are, and so do we) scare off people who genuinely come to these boards for conspiracy.

That said, while I do believe there are real terrorist groups out there I also believe to a degree that there are some who work by proxy for the very people who vow to fight them.

The British are a steadfast people. If any bombings or threat of bombings were used to staunch their freedoms, the only thing to do would be to resist any such actions. I mean, that would be giving in to the terrorists right? No ID cards. Kinda nips in the bud the whole purpose of any state sanctioned terror acts to force people to accept reductions in their rights and liberties.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by cargo]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Excellent point, Cargo, and as I do agree with your point, I would also contend that I would most definately appreciate sources coming from other places other than prisonplanet.com.

The thing here is making or laying the foundations for a legitimate conspiracy theory versus laying down something that simply continues to give real conspiracy theorists a bad name. Not saying that this is what TheShroudOfMemphis has done, but I hope my point is taken for the grain of salt that it is.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Peter Power was a former Scotland Yard official, working at one time with the Anti Terrorist Branch.

Power told the host that at the exact same time that the London bombings were taking place, his company was running a 1,000 person strong exercise which drilled the London Underground being bombed at the exact same locations, at the exact same times, as happened in real life.

The transcript is as follows.

POWER: At half past nine this morning we were actually running an exercise for a company of over a thousand people in London based on simultaneous bombs going off precisely at the railway stations where it happened this morning, so I still have the hairs on the back of my neck standing up right now.

HOST: To get this quite straight, you were running an exercise to see how you would cope with this and it happened while you were running the exercise?

POWER: Precisely, and it was about half past nine this morning, we planned this for a company and for obvious reasons I don't want to reveal their name but they're listening and they'll know it. And we had a room full of crisis managers for the first time they'd met and so within five minutes we made a pretty rapid decision that this is the real one and so we went through the correct drills of activating crisis management procedures to jump from slow time to quick time thinking and so on.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I understand that there are many sources that appear dubious. The thing with conspiracies though is that they are often spawned in the more reclusive parts of the internet. Not the glitzy billion hit media powerhouse domains (although eventually information from there can help bolster a conspiracy).

I do agree that you cannot just post any old source and say "See? See??". But at the same time you cannot really refute outright any info gleamed from a provocative source. Maybe some but not all. Just say to yourself "interesting" and file it away in your brain. The way I see conspiracy is that it offers food for thought. Just reading a slab of text may not prove or disprove anything. But reading it will at least sew a seed which may grow a little if you come across information which, to whatever degree, bolsters the arguement down the track.

dh

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJ
Peter Power was a former Scotland Yard official, working at one time with the Anti Terrorist Branch.

Power told the host that at the exact same time that the London bombings were taking place, his company was running a 1,000 person strong exercise which drilled the London Underground being bombed at the exact same locations, at the exact same times, as happened in real life.

POWER: At half past nine this morning we were actually running an exercise for a company of over a thousand people in London based on simultaneous bombs going off precisely at the railway stations where it happened this morning, so I still have the hairs on the back of my neck standing up right now.

HOST: To get this quite straight, you were running an exercise to see how you would cope with this and it happened while you were running the exercise?

POWER: Precisely, and it was about half past nine this morning, we planned this for a company and for obvious reasons I don't want to reveal their name but they're listening and they'll know it. And we had a room full of crisis managers for the first time they'd met and so within five minutes we made a pretty rapid decision that this is the real one and so we went through the correct drills of activating crisis management procedures to jump from slow time to quick time thinking and so on.

Yep - proof of foreknowledge and complicity without a shadow of a doubt

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh

Yep - proof of foreknowledge and complicity without a shadow of a doubt

www.prisonplanet.com...

Has anyone else noticed how much this is mimicking 9/11, more and more so?

This 'drill' mimics the 'war games' that America were running on 9/11. What are the odds of two government drills practising for the very events which occured during their training and then being blamed within hours on Al-Qaeda?

How much access to government anti-terrorism drills does Al-Qaeda have?

Originally i thought that it was possible that Isreal had been giving many warnings to London about a bombing and they ignored them and were caught out, but now i think it's a lot deeper than that. I think they knew a bomb was coming and again they set up a 'drill' for it which just happened to occur on the same day.

While they are going to eventually be accused of 'no warnings' (except to Isreal's Prime Minister) - they are now doing evacuations under the guise of 'intelligence suggests...'

I'd be surprised if London is bombed again. I think these warnings that are following are an attempt to cloud the fact they didn't warn originally.

I still think this bombing is part of a campaign to get a bigger alliance for Iran/Iraq wars. I think in the next 6 months we'll see more of these events but most likely in another country, France or Australia for example.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
... has anyone heard a reasonable explanation that the original reports of the four blasts took place within nearly an hour - but now, they're saying they were all simultaneous?

Seems to me that if they wanted to push an 'al-Q' agenda, the remote and simultaneous detonation theory would make more sense. If it was 4 guys in their garage, then the bombs all going off at different times scenario would apply.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Yep...I see a bunch of conspiracists making things up and quoting each other as "proof" in a mad effort to convince others of their far-out theories!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Don't let the media dictate how you should use your rational thought and logic.

And don't let your hatred of said mainstream media, make you buy into any alternative available.

Prisonplanet.com is distorting things to make it fit their world view.

Exactly the same thing as Bush was allegedly doing before the Iraq war.

You qoute a blog, and prisonplanet as if they were the best sources in the world, however prisonplanet seems to either blatantly make stuff up, or pick the stories that seem to fit their agenda.

Click on sources for your prisonplanet articles and you either get none, or you find that they changed headlines or use local news as a source.

Prisonplanet is biased and fraudulent, it is the epitome of hypocrisy to hate the "mainstream" media for being biased, and then claim a biased website as the gospel.

Edit:

Adam please give sources if your just going to cut and paste off of prisonplanet.com.

That last post is cut and pasted directly from the Alex Jones op/ed, that has no source for that interview.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

From Alex Jones article:

AdamJ's last post:

Originally posted by AdamJ:

[edit on 9-7-2005 by LeftBehind]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
PrisonPlanet is NOT fraudulent, name and prove one thing that they have posted on there which is incorrect...can you?

Second the guy did actually say that, here is the mp3.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
You qoute a blog, and prisonplanet as if they were the best sources in the world, however prisonplanet seems to either blatantly make stuff up, or pick the stories that seem to fit their agenda.

I didn't quote a blog, i linked to a blog which has an alternate theory and has links to press reports for each point it makes. If you read that part i copied into here, it alone contains links to the points made and isn't just a block of text with no reference.

As for Alex Jones, he's putting forward a theory that is based in information not being put out in the mainstream news two days afterwards.

Seriously, you expect the BBC to come out pointing their finger at Mossad, CIA, M15?

The point of this thread is DISCUSS, not to write off. It's about thinking outside the box we are given that states Al-Qaeda did this because already there are inconsistancies arising. They won't get looked at by the mainstream press so don't even bother expecting them to pick up on it for months or years if they do at all.

It's amazing that CIA, M15, Mossad can be these secret organisations which have billions invested in them and can get Governmentorial apporval to perform covert operations around the world, yet when it happens in your own backyard then it's an impossability that they could be involved because the BBC hasn't said so within 48 hours of the event occuring.

Read the links, look at the inconsistancies and make up your own mind but don't shoot the source when there's nothing but Al-qeada parroting going on in the mainstream press.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Yep...I see a bunch of conspiracists making things up and quoting each other as "proof" in a mad effort to convince others of their far-out theories!

You should get some glasses then.
This thread obviously isn't going to be your kind of thread because it's devoted to a CONSPIRACY and it seems you only visit conspiracy websites to avoid conspiracies.

I suggest you do some reading after you get your new glasses and come back to this thread when you've learnt more than what you've heard on TV during while waiting for the sports report.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You know, it's entirely possible that they picked those stations for an exercise, precisely because they WERE logical targets to hit. Someone trying to set off bombs isn't going to pick out of the way stations, that don't have a lot of traffic through them. They're going to want to hit ones that are in high traffic areas, or in the middle of the city, where they can create the most chaos. Perfectly innocent reason they picked those stations.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Perfectly innocent reason they picked those stations.

At the exact same time the bombings actually happened?

And it's just a coincidence this also happened on 9/11?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I didn't say that the TIMING was innocent. I just said that the reason they picked those LOCATIONS was because it was the logical place for someone to hit to cause the most chaos. I don't know, and doubt we ever will know how they managed to pick the exact time for the exercise, because I don't believe that they set them, but there were perfectly innocent reasons for picking the LOCATIONS they did, simply because they made sense for the most chaos, as we saw.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Look at the difference in reporting. This story is getting further away from Al-Qaeda each day. Initial impression is very important as it can take years to turn a majority away from what they initially were told about an event. No surpises why they said it was Al-qaeda and we won't be deterred straight away - look how this has evolved over 48 hours! Already the boogyman isn't going to suffice.

1. A Power Surge
2. A Train Crash
3. Atleast 6 bombs - upto 8 bombs
4. Possibly suicide bombers
5. Homemade Crude Bombs
6. Bombs an hour apart
7. Isreal Prime Minister Warned
8. Isreal Prime Minister Not Warned
9. Isreal Prime Minister warned after first bomb...erm..um..power surge??
10. Arabic message board confession by secret Eurpoean Al-qeada group
11. Message has miss-spelt quranic verse and only mentions the attack.
12. A few more random internet postings of Al-qeada admitting it.
13. 4 bombs
14. 4 bombs within 20 mins
15. 4 bombs within 1 minute
16. 4 bombs almost instantaneously
17. Now they are high explosives NOT homemade bombs
18. Moroccan Militants are todays responsable party.

London Bombs Likely Simple and Homemade
An explosives expert said they were likely crude homemade devices set off with a simple timer. Experts say Thursday's attacks had all the hallmarks of an al-Qaida strike, and authorities were gathering evidence on the ground and investigating a purported claim of responsibility.
Washington Post

London Bombs Not Homemade
LONDON -- Officials in London say the bombs that tore through three subway trains and a double-decker bus were made of high explosives and not homemade.

The bombs were so powerful that officials have not been able to identify a single body.
www.kxan.com...

London Bombs Seconds Apart
British police have radically revised the timing of the blasts that tore through the London Underground on Thursday morning, saying the bombs were detonated just seconds apart - not 26 minutes apart as initially reported.
www9.sbs.com.au...

[edit on 10-7-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

<<   2 >>

join