It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Japanese scientist introduce new drug that blocks HIV from entering cells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Japanese researchers have developed a durable new drug that blocks HIV from entering human cells and causes almost no side effects.

www.sciencedaily.com
When the new drug becomes attached to the protein that acts as an entrance into human cells for the AIDS virus, it can prevent HIV from entering.

The researchers conducted clinical tests on 40 AIDS patients in the United States. When the patients took 0.02 ounces of AK602 twice a day for 10 days, the number of HIV viruses dropped to an average of 1 percent.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is great news indeed.I hope it is succsesful and I am elated to hear this news!!.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by warthog911]

[edit on 8-7-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That's awesome.

Unfortunately it will probably take 10 years to get through testing. The damage that Thalidomide did went beyond the biological.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hey,

The discovery channel has a documentary about the Plague, where there are reports of people who were attending the infected way back when and did not contract the Plague.

They also went on to give accounts of modern day people who, although exposed to AIDS, and had it in their bodies, never contracted it.

This was because of, hope I remember this exactly, two DD genes instead of one D, which effectively created a barrier around the white blood cell, inhibiting the virus from invading and compromising the immune system.

-QM.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
WAHOOO!!! This is great news...perhaps the most important find science has come up (so far) with in the new century.......

First stop...Africa.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I have also posted this at medical issues forum.Here's the link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-7-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
All i can say is that, if this stuff is the real deal then god bless the Japs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I wonder how much a treatment would cost...

Also, if this stuff "blocks" HIV from getting in, how long until the virus is out of the body, or do you have to keep taking this stuff forever to keep the HIV shiels working?

Would it work on those already infected, casuing it to fail to spread, then finding a way to wipe out the virus before it activates, without poisoning the patient? Or is it at best an immunization technique?

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm jealous. More money for fundings and research, less screamiong by animal rights groups to interrupt your testing, no pesky FDA to keep you from doing trials, and a government who understands the propaganda value of creating something worthwhile, and the reasons to protect the patents.

Here, we produce something and fail to protect the IP. Here, most research is done by corporations or corporate funding, with politics and business interfering. And, no one wants do fund research when the current state of the art works well enough, as far as business and politics are concerned.

Short sightedness sucks. Fortunately not every nation is infected with it.

Originally posted by uhoh
All i can say is that, if this stuff is the real deal then god bless the Japs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is so amazing! I hope that they can get this through the testing phase very quickly and that it will be available within a few years instead of 10. What I want to know is if this works on people who have contracted the disease already, will it work as a preventative method for someone who hasn't contracted it. I can't wait to hear more about this in the future.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Amazing, let's just hope our Japanese friends are a little nicer than Phizer and won't cost you an arm and a leg for this stuff. But if this stuff is the real deal, Freakin Awesome! But at least we're making progress for a change.

[edit on 7/16/2005 by cyberdude78]

top topics

join