It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The London Bus Bomb Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It could have gone off by mistake and killed the bomber on his way to somewhere else. Because if it had been a suicide bomb they would not have gone to the top back of the bus where it does the least damage.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The bomb was meant to go to kings cross, but due to the explosion at kings cross, the bus went a different route. They cannot rule out a suicide bomber.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The bomb was meant to go to kings cross, but due to the explosion at kings cross, the bus went a different route. They cannot rule out a suicide bomber.

They are saying it was unlikely to be a suicide bomber on the bus because they would have let it go off in the centre of the bus and not on the top at the back where it does less damage.

As the bus had to take a different route, the bomb could have been on a timer and gone off in the wrong place at the right time, or just gone off by mistake.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Quite a few people are saying this. The last time a bus was blown up in London it was some idiot IRA member dropping his bag by accident and setting it off.

It's all just speculation at the moment tho.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyc
It could have gone off by mistake and killed the bomber on his way to somewhere else. Because if it had been a suicide bomb they would not have gone to the top back of the bus where it does the least damage.

That's a good point.
It's an expression of concern in minimising the inevitable effect.

When you see photos of the bus, the explosion left no scortch marks on anything. It wasn't designed to go up in flames and spread a fire for mass damage. Descriptions from all bomb sites were of a loud bang, a flash and a lot of smoke, no fires.

These are just little signs of intimidation and reminder rather than a true desire to kill and cause mass damage.

I don't think true islamic terrorists would bomb a civilian area, even 9/11 was a financial centre and the attack doesn't seem to be more than mostly a distraction for us and a motive for G8 to become focused on Terrorism. I think this will build alliances and we'll see more of these pricise and well planned 'shock' attacks, worst case scenario is that we'll see a major 'shock AND awe' attack - another 9/11 on mass scale.

As bad as this attack in London was, it doesn't have a ripple affect across the world because unlike 9/11 and Wallstreet, Londons public transport system doesn't stop the world.

It really just seems as thou this is purely intimidation. I think before we know it, the UK will be walking into another war.

If they are willing to spoil G8 then they are gearing up for a big war. I see this attack on London as a recruiting measure. I expect France and Australia to get some threats also within 12 months.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The UK will not use this for a war, the evidence is apparently a home grown cell, so is blair going to bomb his own country

Blair's smart, he wont go and bomb the middle east like Bush.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The UK will not use this for a war, the evidence is apparently a home grown cell, so is blair going to bomb his own country

They bombed Iraq because of 9/11 - they are easier than a Friday night hooker when it comes to making a link between terrorism and the targets the end up aiming for.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Couldn't the bus just have been full on the bottom, considering it was around 9 o'clock and would have been busy with people trying to get places?
The bus is being investigated today, we should hear more about the bomb today sometime.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

They bombed Iraq because of 9/11 - they are easier than a Friday night hooker when it comes to making a link between terrorism and the targets the end up aiming for.

Bush bombed Iraq, Blair didnt support the war as Bush did. We sent in less troops and everything. I think Blair will stay on home soil, not going off and leaving his country behind.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Whats worrying for us Brits now is that we have a sleeper cell on our hands now who claims to be linked to Al Qaeda. but i believe this is a home grown cell using a "copy-cat" style attack. this cell could attack again...

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Whats worrying for us Brits now is that we have a sleeper cell on our hands now who claims to be linked to Al Qaeda. but i believe this is a home grown cell using a "copy-cat" style attack. this cell could attack again...

I hope you ain't sitting about wotrrying yourself to death Infinite. As many commentators have said, if you live your life in fear, the terrorists have won, whoever they may be.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Agreed.

Over 50 but less than 100 is the latest estimate of murdered commuters and it's very important to remember that.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The bomb on the bus appears to be high explosive only (the windows of the BMA are intact) so it was 'wasted' on the bus - the force seems to have mainly gone through the roof (the lower section being relatively OK) and some people on the top deck walked off. If it had contained nails etc there'd be more damage to the panels of the bus and windows and casualties there would be much higher / worse.

Deliberate, planned suicide bombing seems unlikely. This was a much more sophisticated attack on the Tube system that went slightly wrong at the end. The bomber may have died in the attack or got off before, cctv will show eventually.

The bombs were clearly intended for use on the Tube and some have proved awfully effective. Why it was set off / went off on the bus we may never know. In a terrible way it's probably lucky it went off on the bus rather than on the Tube.

BTW Londoners battle on and help each other out - apart from hotels

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 8-7-2005 by CTID56092]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
I hope you ain't sitting about wotrrying yourself to death Infinite. As many commentators have said, if you live your life in fear, the terrorists have won, whoever they may be.

Nah, i grow up with the IRA attacks all the time. Its abit scary though because these news guys can hit anyway, but im not scared, ill go on and live my life

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Nah, i grow up with the IRA attacks all the time. Its abit scary though because these news guys can hit anyway, but im not scared, ill go on and live my life

Thats the spirit. I do hope people are not quaking in their boots, but of course some, lets say apprehension, will exist.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
What I think is great about London is that everyone stayed so calm, no screaming above ground or anything. It is a very tense time here in Blighty at the moment, kind of like the calm before the storm.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Latest news just in is that they think the bombs on the tube were remotely detonated and not suicide bombers, but mobile phones don't often work on the tube.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Thats the spirit. I do hope people are not quaking in their boots, but of course some, lets say apprehension, will exist.

Nope, people in London are scared, but its not going to prevent them from their daily lives

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Latest news just in is that they think the bombs on the tube were remotely detonated and not suicide bombers, but mobile phones don't often work on the tube.

Might not have been mobile phones, could have been anything if they were remotely detonated, laptops, pagers or maybe a small hand held device.

The laptop theory is good I think because its not unusual to see people on their laptops on the tube, ive seen it loads of times.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
SkyNews have an interview with an Israel rescue team member who deals with sucide bombers. He believes the damage on the bus matches a suicide bomber...

But the Met are still not confirming suicide bombing reports.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
They have just said that bombs were placed on the floor of the trains so they were unlikely to be suicide bombs and likely to be remotely controlled.

This would also mean that the bus bomb was unlikely to be a suicide bomb (just as I thought) and that it went off whilst he was on his way to the next location.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join