It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

terror...a question? can anyone answer it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The middle east issue has vexed this globe for far too long. why cant the civilized leading countries of the world act in a concerted effort to resolve this once and for all. one thing is clear, if we leave this up to the same people who are fighting age old hatfield VS mccoy squabbles over # that matters only to a small segment of the earths population but with consequences for all of humanity, it will never get anything but worse. this london terrorist thing is just to much. China has invited people to sleep in bomb shelters?? the gobal approach of toleration/lip service/patience is ridiculous. What would u do if your kid kept sitting the curtains on fire??????? let him force u to move into a windowless home? well what we are doing makes as much sence!!! i call on the public of the globe to lead a revolution or on all leaders of all civilized and great nations big and small to act once and for all. why cant we ' if we cant catch them and they wont quit, just hold the country that the terrorist live in responsible? either u bring them to justice IMMEDIATELY or we will just erase your real estate from the earth. nuke them. financialy block them from doing business with the whole of the earth. i know its drastic but isnt it time for drastic? besides, the real and heavy pressure exerted should make it so uppleasant to harbor these 'villans against humanity' that the salvation for ones suicide plans against our 'mutual love for life' would halt. its time for some real consequence for these bastards of alah and spawn of satan. Just because i dont agree with the philosophy of homosexuality doesnt give me the right to murder all those who dissagree with me. we only have one ever shrinking globe for all of us to live on. WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH G8? WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH BROTHERS OF HUMANITY? WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH MY FELLOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS of all of earth?? I SAY GIVE THEM TIME TO GIVE THEM UP, OR SURGICLY NUKE THEM. Can any one explain to me why the # bin ladden is still free? OUR WORLD LEADERS ARE PUSSIES!! WANT PROOF? : what is this crap about CONSEQUENCES FOR UM.... 'mis treating the koran' when they are chopping off the heads of gasping innocent victims or blowing up and killing thousands of innocent peoples lives? can u say 'apples dont compare to oranges?' For gods Sake, no...for humans sake all over the world, will we EVER act? spain, africa, china, london, who hasnt bled over this ignorance. can any one explain to me why bin laden is still free? oh my god, can u spell weeeee eeeee ayyyyyy kayyyyyy?? tell afganistan if u dont give him up, we will nuke the area hes thought to be in, end of story. not america, not britian, but all of theworld and NOT under the bannar of the united nations....world police is not what im suggesting. but a concertd effort in this area to do what needs to be done. im at a loss and disgusted with it all. im starting to really hope they myans are right and this is the age of technology and 2012 cant get here soon enough.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by gemini6767]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Gemini I agree,
Its time to make some hard desicions,
with the ultimate aim of removing this fanatical muslim thraet.

Either they forget there fanatical ways, or we will kill them.
Time for consciption.
Time for the ME war to being.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Wow, well...Beuracracy answers most these questions as well as diplomatic relations, so do not call the world leaders pussies till you've stepped in their shoes. Bombing random countries whose domestic policy don't fit our foreign criteria, we would be at war with half the world.

Most people don't want to offend the Quran because they are Democrat. Bin Laden is most likely in Pakistan, and crossing their border without permission could start a war or increase diplomatic stress. Pakistan is not a backwoods (militarily) nation with 80's tech in its military like Afghan and Iraq. They got real deal tanks, fighters, and much better ground forces, and nukes as well. So peel back the nuke comments.

The goal is to make enemies of friends, and bombing Pakistan would be a bad choice to start such a campaign.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
All I will say is that its highly unlikely we will see any nuclear bombing in these areas.

If we do, God help us all.

Really, do you think nuclear warfare is going to go over easy in the world?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hmmm... I agree with Frosty. Not all of country's harbour terrorists deliberately. Lets face it... Britain, Europe and America have terrorists living there now. Yes, there are some country's that do deliberately harbour terrorists but Nuke em??? Come on man... what about the neighbouring countries... what about the fall out. Would you be happy if someone Nuked a country next to yours and then your kid develops radiation sickness?

Should we have nuked Ireland in the 80's????
Do we Nuke northern Spain to sort out the Basque???
Do we Nuke Greece to sort out the November 17th group???

I understand that you are angry but mate... i was there yesterday... i see what happened and it wasn’t nice... I was angry to but would never ever consider using Nukes... It's just crazy!

[edit on 8-7-2005 by undercoverchef]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
until people start respecting each others beleifs and territories we are all targets....if the looney terrorists dont get you, coalition carpet bombers or a trigger happy 18 year old soldier probably will.

This is never going to end except if all those morons sit down and talk to each other, cut the damn pie and try to share fer fecks sake. And dont say it cant be done. It must be done, or well end up killing each other to the last man.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemini6767
why cant the civilized leading countries of the world act in a concerted effort to resolve this once and for all.

it is this same intervention that started it all a long time ago

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
These individuals, like the Palestinian conflict, are not acting enmass.
We cannnot kill everyone in Syria, Iraq, Iran, or anywhere else for that matter.

There is NOT going to be a day when we say to ourselve, " that was tough, we gottem all ". That day will never come. The age of the technologicaly enabled man is here.

Like the computer, one device, like a bomb or a modified RPG suddenly makes that one mans voice heard, whether he is right or wrong.

Look at Tim Mcveigh. The heart of terrorism is what motivated that man to do that. Al Qaeda or decorated war vet. These people are acting on their own and like JFK said, you cant defend against a man who is willing to give his own life. Its a sobering reality wrought with sadness.

The true fix is world peace. The fight against poverty, and the redcution in the vast discrepencys in world wealth and power. This is the crux of most of these situations. And like Bush at the recent G8 conference, his obstincance isnt helping anything.

Im at a loss. But the effort must move forward.

Peace

[edit on 8-7-2005 by HIFIGUY]

Odd

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
funny how you describe a global effort that would take decades to bring to fruition, then pin it all on bush.

as for world financial equality? take a course in economics, then try and do the math for that one. it doesn't work out properly, trust me.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
ok, first off to 'odd': who pinned it on bush...show me where in my text i said it was his 'fault'?
Also, did i mention even once 'financial equality'?? i said block them from doing buisness with the world, which, Mr. economics, is not, as everyone but you realizes, is equality. All the wealth in the middle east is 'protected' by the population that lives there and needs it by a VERY small percentage of the leaders, who turn and gain more by selling the world oil. how much are we PAYING them on a daily basis to blow us up?

next, to HIFIGUY:

i never said blow up the country, i said surgicly nuke the piece of real estate they are thought to be in. we dont have to use a 100 mega ton device...just one big enough to burn and purge the evil from that particular area of the earch. Even the christians god says the holy ghost will burn the sin out of your heart...so as for destroying the whole of a nation, i never said that and im not a fan of it. just the small area that they are in, and if we can do it with smart weapons, so much teh better. why send troops from any civilized nation against this kind of evil? Again, who cares about the statement that "we got them all"????? but if u act on your own to make your voice heard and it kills by the dozens in distant lands, then the responisitligy should fall on his native country's shoulders to bring that single terrorist to justice. not hide him. not pay him. not train him. this world will only work under the banner of freedom and democracy. every time we've had a single ruller over the masses, um, well....look at history.

and as for tim mcveigh...if u really think one van did that kind of damage, you serioulsy need to take some classes in explosives. that building was taken down at the main beams. he was a scape goat. an ignorant one at best. World peiace will never happen. i understand that. but ignoring these problems wont either.

To Bl00D_Th0rN: um, no. it isnt. if it wansnt already going on, there would have been no need to...'intervene'. good one though.

to nukunuku: CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to undercoverchef: once again, i never said to erase the country, but to eradicate the real estate that they are believed to be in. smart weapons would be fine with me. How ever, in your garden when u have a pest attacking your food, do u till it all under, kill one bug, or apply a pesticide (which will travel the food chain right to us) and eat it anyway???? um, yea, i thought so. oh, of course you can go organic but thats the same as isolationism and forcing your kid to move you to a windowless house cause he keeps setting the curtains on fire. weak. oh, and if your statement is true, (and i believe it is) that there are sleeping agents in these countries...what your suggest is folly. wouldnt it be better in these lands of the free to simply revoke your visa, or right to be there in the first place? its working for new zeeland and australia. i dont care about policitlcy correct. unless y ou were born here, or have been here a generation or can some how effectively establish your heritage believe in freedom and your 'melting pot' (if u will) status, simply repatriate them to thier land of origin. all of them. send them back home. let them be bitter and mad. there is some effectiveness in the believe that one bad apple spoils the bunch. dont take thier assets. just freeze them. let them go homeless to thier homeland and solve this problem by talkingh to thier brothers and sisters and pinning this n the chest of thier governments leaders. if you cant play nice, dont play!! just apply some of the ideals your mother told you as a growing boy for gods sake.

to Dulcimer: yes, i agree. we wontnuke. whats more, we will continue to do more of the same, nothing. its working so far ( NOT!!) i never said nuke the world. i said eradicate thier strong holds and use the world pressure to do it. if the terrorist is in spain, spain should be the one pulling the trigger. end of story.

To Frosty: with such advanced forces...shouldnt it be expected that there would be no terrorist living there that has attacked so many nationals from so many countries?? again, pakistan should be the first to pull the trigger. but they arent and wont because the world wont act in one accord. can you imagine the fate of the fledgling united states if our terrorist activites againt the native american indians would have been met with concerted effort on thier part? the world must exert pressure on pakistan and any other nation, especially if they have world memebership status to remedy these situations!!!!!!!! but they cant cause they're affraid. pussies is too strong a word for you? tell nelson mandella that.

to GlobalDisorder:
i agree. the middle east has sucked us into thier riduculous never ending caos and war for far too long. if its a fight they want, lets get er done. this baby sitting is too much. isreal was there long before any other nation was. i share the block with a gay, a black, a polish, a woman and if a vulcan wanted to move in, id bake him a pie and help him with his car just like i would all the others...I SHARE, WE SHARE, THEY (THE WHOLE OF THE MIDDLE EAST) NEEDS TO SHARE. IF THEY WONT DO IT ON THIER OWN, THE WORLD SHOULD STOP BEING SCARDY CATS AND FORCE THEM.

in summary: wouldnt it be better in these lands of the free to simply revoke your visa, or right to be there in the first place? its working for new zeeland and australia. i dont care about policitlcy correct. unless y ou were born here, or have been here a generation or can some how effectively establish your heritage believe in freedom and your 'melting pot' (if u will) status, simply repatriate them to thier land of origin. all of them. send them back home. let them be bitter and mad. there is some effectiveness in the believe that one bad apple spoils the bunch. dont take thier assets. just freeze them. let them go homeless to thier homeland and solve this problem by talkingh to thier brothers and sisters and pinning this n the chest of thier governments leaders. if you cant play nice, dont play!! just apply some of the ideals your mother told you as a growing boy for gods sake.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The UK dealt with terrorism without bombing any country. Terrorists want a war, thats why they attack, they want you to attack a country to get a war, but never do what they want.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I hate to point out the obvious, but you can't really "force" sharing upon a person. Or a nation.

Nor can you force democracy...but that's a whole other piece of pie.

Gemini - are you going to nuke (even using those smaller little thingies) every country that's ever held a terrorist cell?

How do you prove this, incidentally?

Who do you trust, when you obtain that proof?

Just curious.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemini6767
The middle east issue has vexed this globe for far too long. why cant the civilized leading countries of the world act in a concerted effort to resolve this once and for all

gemini6767, i can't answer your question. But, the world we live in today as opposed to eons ago is more or less the same...hatred, greed and religion.

Except, now we have faster communications and a bigger 'bang for your buck'.

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
this all comes down to the new world order stuff again. you have to remember what hitler wanted, he wanted a totaly mind controled society, where the local leaders were mind controlled by him and under his control.
remember that those people believe that the only way we can all live together is to mind control everyone and take away our free will and hand our minds over to the people who rule us.
the leaders believe we the sheeple do not know how to use our minds in the right way, and will force us to give over our minds to them. they are just going to take over what you believe is your right to be yourself.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

to undercoverchef: once again, i never said to erase the country, but to eradicate the real estate that they are believed to be in. smart weapons would be fine with me. How ever, in your garden when u have a pest attacking your food, do u till it all under, kill one bug, or apply a pesticide (which will travel the food chain right to us) and eat it anyway???? um, yea, i thought so. oh, of course you can go organic but thats the same as isolationism and forcing your kid to move you to a windowless house cause he keeps setting the curtains on fire. weak. oh, and if your statement is true, (and i believe it is) that there are sleeping agents in these countries...what your suggest is folly. wouldnt it be better in these lands of the free to simply revoke your visa, or right to be there in the first place? its working for new zeeland and australia. i dont care about policitlcy correct. unless y ou were born here, or have been here a generation or can some how effectively establish your heritage believe in freedom and your 'melting pot' (if u will) status, simply repatriate them to thier land of origin. all of them. send them back home. let them be bitter and mad. there is some effectiveness in the believe that one bad apple spoils the bunch. dont take thier assets. just freeze them. let them go homeless to thier homeland and solve this problem by talkingh to thier brothers and sisters and pinning this n the chest of thier governments leaders. if you cant play nice, dont play!! just apply some of the ideals your mother told you as a growing boy for gods sake.

Gemini6767... No offence but it sounds like you are really scared and angry... Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, hate leads to... suffering Hmmmm... HEHE

Look, try to calm down for a second and think rationally... even small tactical nuke have after affects. You use pests in my garden as an example which is crazy. The chemicals i may spray on my garden plants do not destroy everything. The use of a nuke is like me setting fire to my flowers because they have greenfly??? First off ive killed my flowers as well as the pest, and second, the smoke is going to billow over my fence and into my neighbour’s gardens, which will be very annoying for them if they are out having a BBQ... Get my point?

The idea of terrorists is to spread terror and your response makes it look like they are succeeding (with you) so, in affect, you are letting them win.

As for sending em all back??? WTF is that all about?? Now, if you are talking about people that openly promote and sponsor terrorism then i agree. But if you are talking about deporting all Muslims you are crazy. Again that is letting the terrorist win. That would, in affect, give them more ammo and probably more (angry and displaced) troops. The majority of Muslims in Britain condemn this attack. They are just as sickened by it as other people. When the IRA was attacking Britain we did not nuke Ireland... nor did we deport all the Irish... although there we people who said we should. And now we seem to have found a peaceful solution we have not seen an IRA attack on mainland Britain for almost 10 years.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
There was a saying that went something like the following.

When a man is provoked into anger and irrationality to the point where he loses control.....

The other guy wins.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Gemini, I have a question.

How exactly would you "prove" a terrorist connection between Joe Al-Smith and Terrorist Group Du Jour?

And where does the link between he and his family end? Siblings? Parents? Cousins? Children?

What you're suggesting just isn't logical.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
"Terrorists" are not members of a defined group located in certain areas. They’re not a certain color or nationality or even religion. Terrorism is a tactic, a strategy, not an organized society with a membership and dues. It’s dynamic, not static. To nuke or otherwise bomb or kill all the terrorists, we’d have to chase people around and wipe out more good people than ‘bad’ in the process. (See the war in Iraq.)

Terrorism is what some militant Islam use. It’s their tool. Just as the Mafia use money laundering. To wipe out money laundering, we don’t kill all the people who launder money. We make it harder to do; we legally punish people who do it. We put our own processes in place to discourage and prevent money laundering. (Please don’t misunderstand. I’m not comparing terrorism to money laundering in any sort of quantitative way; it’s just an analogy.)

To think of wiping out terrorism by waging a war on terror and killing all the terrorists is a bit black-and-white and simplistic. (That’s not meant as an insult and I apologize if it sounds like one, I’m just not as articulate as I’d like to be.) In fact, it is my feeling that this kind of thinking actually promotes a ‘War on Terror’ mentality, which is like conducting a war on violence or a war on drugs. Terrorism, like violence and drugs, are tools people use to get what they want.

I’m concerned that too many people (including this administration) see the issue of terrorism as a simplistic issue to be answered with simple solution, i.e. go kill ‘em all! If I thought it would work, I’d be all for it. But it doesn’t and it won’t.

I can’t help but wonder what kind of border and immigration, FBI and CIA processes and policies we could have put in place with just half the money we’ve wasted hunting down terrorism in a far land, while our country stands here nearly as vulnerable as it was on Sept. 10, 2001. We need to protect our country and its people from those who wish us harm, while conducting ourselves in a fashion that commands respect and honor.

I’m not at all - ever - condoning the actions of terrorists. But terrorism didn’t just hatch in a vacuum. There’s a reason some people hate so strongly that they’d kill themselves or anyone to make their statement. And it’s not that they hate us for our freedoms! We need to be courageous enough to look at the real reasons we’re so hated and disrespected around the world.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
until people start respecting each others beleifs and territories we are all targets....
This is never going to end except if all those morons sit down and talk to each other, cut the damn pie and try to share fer fecks sake. And dont say it cant be done. It must be done, or well end up killing each other to the last man.

it wont end since the Al Qaeda is like the KKK who wants to kill blacks, can u imagine African Americans trying to invite the KKK to truce?

Al Qaeda does not care if American troops withdraw or not they still be attacking you.

top topics

join