It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Fear?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
When the blackout happened and a lot of people where stuck on subways and elevators....where was the fear? When they where showing the people getting pulled out of the elevators and subways their eyes weren't even puffy.... Come on...the little kids weren't even crying! they where all calm, cool and collected...

When Sept. 11th happened and people where being pulled of Subways and Elevators (Not in WTC) they where crying up a storm! And not just the little kids...the adults to...so what happened to the fear this time around?

What did they do? Just sit/stand there saying oh so calmly "No worries the President will send people out to help us...." or something? No one... and I mean no one would be that calm if they where stuck somewhere with little amount of air!

Even the people who had to sleep on the streets didn't mind...they didn't even say something like "I'm afraid my stuff will get stolen" or "I'm afraid I will get mugged" or something...But they just said that they loved NY!

I think that fear has become an endangered emotion....every one is so calm now it is unbelievable! it was like waching a movie!

Is this just another form of control? To get everyone thinking that when something like this happens that it wasn't Terrorists (or the government for that matter...)? Will they give themselves up willingly if there is ever happens to be a 'code red' alert?

Has any one elce noticed this? it's like we are living in a matrix....In the past few years (since 2000) it's like the world is really become a fake world....it's like everything is staged and nothing is real now...

But this is just my view on what has become of the nonexistent feeling of fear...

P.S. I didn't know where to post this so this is where it ended up....

[Edited on 17-8-2003 by Curiosity]

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is a very good summation of things, Curiosity.

IMO, it all boils down to desensitization.
Mind control, drugs, etc aside, it's a simple psychological priciple.
If a person is afraid of something to the point of phobia, the best way to overcome that is to gradually expose them to the object of their fear until it's no longer scary. You might start off with, for example, photos of spiders for an arachnophobe. Gradually, as the person becomes less afraid of the photos, one moves to plastic replicas, movies, etc. By the time the arachnophobe is face to face with a live spider, they aren't freaking out anymore.

Now what's been happening in the States over the last couple years? We're faced with something we didn't even know we were afraid of - that being an attack on domestic soil. As time's gone on, we're exposed to news of potential new attacks, the "terror alert" rainbow, et cetera.

It's no longer that scary to us anymore. With the general mindset being "I'm not going to stop living my life because of this," we've also desensitized ourselves to potential attacks.

Yeah, it does seem unreal. Maybe because it's not natural. When a being's life is in danger, it's instinctual to either fight back or run away (ergo, "fight or flight response"). In this case, we're doing neither when something nudges our instinct.
"I'm trapped in an elevator, and I don't know what's happening, but the police/fire/govt' will get us out soon enough. Let's sing Kumbaya!!"

It's kind of impressive if you think about it. What may be the greatest mind control scheme didn't take much effort at all.

-B.

join