It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black hole of doom!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We all know that no one has yet to prove what a black hole is or does...i have heard many theories but the one that stands out to me...is the wormhole theory. It can be shown and discribe more easily in the movie Event Horizing but I do feel that this is was it is...

When you travel a distance in space...i do feel that they is no existance in time what so ever, but there is an area in which you are crossing. The quickest speed from Point A to Point B is a straight line...we can all agree on that. but what if you can fold the space in between...

This is more easily understood if seen, then discribed. take a piece of paper and draw two points. now the line from one to the other which is the line of distance to travel. what if tho, you now folded that piece of paper in half between the dots to now where point A is directly on the other side of point B...take your pen or pencil and shove it through the paper at those points...you just taveled from point A to point B without crossing the line of distance.

I feel that this is what a blackhole does... condenses distance from Point A to Point B making you able to travel maybe 1000's of miles in the blink of an eye. this is just one theory...there are many others...but to go through a black hole, i believe it stretches out matter into nothingness...so it is able to regroup on the other end? who knows....

Now for that scary part...IF what ever goes through it does just stretch into nothingness and does not reform...thats insane. I have heard from many dfferent sources that Earth is being pulled closer and closer to a black hole all the time. now at this rate it will take somthing like a billion years to get there..but still...in a billion years will the earth seist to exist?

Mod Edit: All caps in the title.

[edit on 7/6/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Alright, so if black holes are spewing thier matter out elsewhere, where is the elsewhere? And why do they just continue to gain more and more mass?

It's a neat idea you have, but there are a lot of holes in it.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

hahaha i like the pun

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Alright, so if black holes are spewing thier matter out elsewhere, where is the elsewhere? And why do they just continue to gain more and more mass?

the other side of the black hole is either a Sun or Star...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen

Erm, and you get this information from where now?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Erm, and you get this information from where now?

just an assumption i made...which closely related to the idea of the existence of white hole
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Maybe a black hole is like a big recycling machine. That would help the universe always existing thing and how everything is made from everything else kinda. Like the matter goes through one end of the black hole, it gets mooshed down into just particles and comes out the other side. Kind of like a giant wood chipper. And then all of the matter coming out the other side gets re-used in making stars and planets and what not. Just a thought.

About what you said. I have never thought of it like that.. The black hole breaks the stuff down so it can be transported quickly and easily and then possibly rematerializes on the other side. You are right though the possibility of it not coming back together is really likely ha. So basically we have a galactic cheese grater.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I have to agree that this seems the most likely answer to me as well. It's always been my theory that our black holes are stars in the next dimension over. If we could ever find a way to counteract the huge gravitational forces of a black hole, we could freely travel back and forth to this "next-door" dimension.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

my personal belife is that for every black hole on the opposite side od the universe is a white hole spewing matter out in which case black holes could be used as wormholes the diffulty would be getting back ever watched sliders?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What would happen if you flew into a star going the speed of light or faster. Do you think if you had some sort of craft that could not counteract the gravity but could go faster than the speed of light it could slip through fast enough to get to wherever.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Contrary to popular belief, Black Holes do not go/end up anywhere.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83

ya? and how did you conjure up this piece of fact?

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
What would happen if you flew into a star going the speed of light or faster. Do you think if you had some sort of craft that could not counteract the gravity but could go faster than the speed of light it could slip through fast enough to get to wherever.

because you would be traveling at athe speed of light your mass would become infinatly heavy i would imagine the star would collapse.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maiden Mayhem

Discovery Channel

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maiden Mayhem

The only facts we can ascertain from our child observations is that BH's must be dense and that they have inmense gravatational pull - ie enough to drag in light and near by stars.

Everything else is speculation and theory.
I wouldn't be in any hurry to fly any ship into one until we understand the true dynamics of these monsters.
We don't understand space yet nor can we send ships to the deepest oceans on earth. If we can't work out this yet, working out BH's is another few generations of reasearch away.!!!!

So relax, its all 400 - 500 years away (at current evol cycle) before we can seriously think about doing this. Sending probes etc...

That said, we shouldn't stop thinking about them, I mean , there might be one on its way!!!

[cue JAWS music]

[edit on 10-7-2005 by one_small_step]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

because you would be traveling at athe speed of light your mass would become infinatly heavy i would imagine the star would collapse.

When did facts on light travel become available.???
Are there courses for FTL? Light speed is for hacks anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well if you follw the string theory they are 11 dimensions and a universe exists in each one. Those dimensions are contained on the 12th dimension. Big bangs are produced when twi dimensions collide. Universes are moving membranes. Maybe black holes cross through the membrane to another part of it...

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
it is the central core of every galaxy. it is the bulge at the center of any galaxy. what is its purpose you ask? it is to hold each galaxy to gether. no worries mates God has it under control

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
The only facts we can ascertain from our child observations is that BH's must be dense and that they have inmense gravatational pull - ie enough to drag in light and near by stars.

Everything else is speculation and theory.
I wouldn't be in any hurry to fly any ship into one until we understand the true dynamics of these monsters.
We don't understand space yet nor can we send ships to the deepest oceans on earth. If we can't work out this yet, working out BH's is another few generations of reasearch away.!!!!

When you say "We", you're probably talking about the general public...right!?

I think that only a few people are able test out these therory in real life to get some real results...Off course, they will remain classified for about 50 years...or forever...

Also, one reason is due the speed development of high tech in america alone...in such a short time.

[edit on 11-7-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It is my understanding that the most commonly accepted thoery is that the pull of gravity is so strong that light itself can not escape. Also that the very center of the black hole is the center of mass that due to that aforementioned gravity has completley folded in on itself and all that matter has been compressed into the size of roughly an atom. So if you were to get sucked into a black hole you'd most likely be crushed to death in a very short time. However this is just a theory, since we don't know that much about blackholes no one can say for sure.

On a side note I think it would be really cool if blackholes acted as a wormhole into another dimension or something equally as cool.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join