It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circle images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I have seveal times experienced that when I am in a very relaxed state, like after waking up in the morning, if I close my eyes I see 2-dimentional symbols flying towards me, they always come one at a time like perls on a string, they look like the symbols you may assosiate with a crop circle.

Anyone else experience this?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I never have, but I'm curious to see what they look like. Can you make something in MS Paint and post it here?

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
I never have, but I'm curious to see what they look like. Can you make something in MS Paint and post it here?

I will have to place a scetchbook next to my bed, if I remember one I will draw it and post it here

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think that happens to all of us. When I close my eyes I feel like I'm watching Signs.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
especially when you look at bright lights.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ever done any hallucinogenic drugs? Often times people who have done copious (but sometimes small) amounts of acid or mushrooms will contract what is known as HPPD (Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder) which could explain what you are talking about.

Here is some more information - www.stormloader.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJailew
Ever done any hallucinogenic drugs?

No, never.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Alright, then nix the HPPD prognosis, its not unusual to think in shapes and colors though. Symbols, ideas, words will often pop into my head, most often right before I am about to fall asleep. Whether this is some sort of extra-wordly influence or just spasmic neurons firing I do not know, I guess it is just waht you want it to be.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Alright, then nix the HPPD prognosis, its not unusual to think in shapes and colors though. Symbols, ideas, words will often pop into my head, most often right before I am about to fall asleep. Whether this is some sort of extra-wordly influence or just spasmic neurons firing I do not know, I guess it is just waht you want it to be.

Might be, the reason I bring it up is a text I read once, where a woman claimed that when we speak then there are invisible symbols going back and fourth between the participants, I found this quite intriguing.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I believe it, a lot of philosophy has to deal with signifiers and what they mean to the individual, and how that changes what and how we think. When someone tells me they saw a chair on fire then I conjure up this image in my head, which could be radically different than the intended message which could completely obfuscate the entire meaning of the message.

I doubt that we consciously or unconsciously can send images to each other whilst talking, otherwise why talk? Communication in pictures would be infinitely more fluid and representative of our ideas without getting all caught up in the giant cluster-eff we call language.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I doubt that we consciously or unconsciously can send images to each other whilst talking, otherwise why talk? Communication in pictures would be infinitely more fluid and representative of our ideas without getting all caught up in the giant cluster-eff we call language.

If it was the case though, it would explain several things, like the japanese monkeys that was tought how to peel fruit, on another island the same species of monkey began peeling fruit too, without having been thought so. And also other perplexing simularities between distant cultures, if there is some form of inter-species telepathy through symbols this might explain such things.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Monkeys are probably smarter than we give them credit for, the fact that stone tools were developed around the same time globally does not mean everyone was on the same psychic level, it just means they figured it out when their environment and conditions allowed for it.

I think many similarities in cultures (flood stories, creation etc) can also be boiled down to a common denominator of a common human experience. The nature of our consciousness kind of demands our belief in a higher power, so that we can cope with the inevitability of death. With that comes folklore, myth and ideas that were (probably) grounded somewhere in fact back in the day, but this doesn't mean we can share these psychic pictures or messages. If this was a viable method of communication it would replace speaking, which it may in the coming millenia as humanity continues to evolve. Either way though, my money is going to be on a brain fart rather than a crop circle communication message from the stars.

Also, most crop circles have been debunked, chances are that the archetypal "crop circles" that you do see in your mind's eye are really just projections of fake ones you have seen on TV or the internet. I guess we will never really know though.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Its natural to see things when you close your eyes, specs of dust, the veins on your eyelids, and other perceptions. Some people see the dust when their eyes are open, looks like you are seeing germs in a microscope. It scares a few people, they think they are going crazy until the optomoligist explains it to them.

Geometric patterns are prevelant in '___' and Mescal use. The brain has a natural chemical very similiar to mescal, sometimes its in greater quantities in some people at certain times, generally children. Geometric patterns are also experienced by glue and solvent sniffers...any solvents or vapors around you?

Psciloscibin tends to cause greater pattern recognition in natural patterns, like wood grain, trees, objects with texture become faces, crowds, cities, faeries, dwarves, and the like. This doesn't sound like your issue though, just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hmmm he did mention when he "was in a very relaxed state" he would see these patterns...

Any mind altering substances you want to tell us about, Norway Man?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic12
Hmmm he did mention when he "was in a very relaxed state" he would see these patterns...

Any mind altering substances you want to tell us about, Norway Man?

No, I never do drugs, and there are no substances around me.

I have been meditating for relaxation since my youth, covering my eyes and lying down, focusing on my breath. When you start to meditate your mind is usually filled with stress, and you "see" light flashes behind your eyelids. You also get all kinds of thoughts, what to do with this and that. After a while ( perhaps 30 minutes? ) of breathing correct an trying to block these thoughts out, then everything turns black and it is like staring into the blackness of space. Your mind seems perfectly clear. When I am in such a relaxed state, even in the morning after waking up, I might see symbols like the ones in crop circles "come towards me" like perls on a string.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Yes, Anors.....

I know what you mean, I get a similar thing.....

Sometimes, its like a big wheel, and its swirling and swirling, round and round and seems to swirl into the centre....

Its very hard to explain.....

Here is another thing that I really like doing.....

Lying down, I stare at a light globe (switched on of course!!!) for a long time, trying to keep my eyes stready.....And then I look away, and there is this patch of light that is left over from it. This patch of light seems to move around the room at will, and it changes colour......Try it, its fun, Im sure someone may have a scientific explaination for it, but sometimes it moves very fast, and sometimes, it even stops....

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jacqua
Lying down, I stare at a light globe (switched on of course!!!) for a long time, trying to keep my eyes stready.....And then I look away, and there is this patch of light that is left over from it. This patch of light seems to move around the room at will, and it changes colour......Try it, its fun, Im sure someone may have a scientific explaination for it, but sometimes it moves very fast, and sometimes, it even stops....

Yeah its caused by burning your eyes, the cones at the back I believe.
Its STUPID thing to do often.
There are plenty of optical illusions in kids books that involve holding a red blobby
picture up near a bright light and staring at it, then looking away and seeing a green
image, usually a witch.

I guess if you want a cheap thrill, its something to do....

top topics

join