It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the same wave length

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
From time to time, I would imagine that pretty much everyone has had a time where they have been thinking something and the other person you know has been too. Well, the past week or so has been very interesting to say the least in that area.

To start off, it's mostly been about my 'love' for this other person that is still burning within me like an everlasting flame. This person is somebody who cares dearly for me, but doesn't know I am the same for her. We have a friendship, not a close one but a friendship. She talks to me, I talk to her. Over time I have become in love with her and for 6 months I have avoided her in fear that I will say or do something stupid. Time went on, and I began to forget all the love. Until that is this past week. This past week a familiar feeling struck me in bed; a slightly anxious love type feeling. There I lay and images flashed through my head of her face and I began to realise I still had feelings. As each day went by, more images and dreams became existent, and I became desperate to see her again as the 'love fire' sparked up again. So I decided to ring her. Upon ringing, I was informed that she was just that second about to ring me... And it's funny because this has happened before many times. We seem to always be on the same wave length. It's hard to describe when and how it happens. But for me at least, it happens when I feel 'love'.

I don't really know how this fits in this forum, but I thought it might be a nice topic for everyone to share their similar experiences.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences, but not so much in relation to love. Just with my closest friends, we always think in the same ways, and usually say the same thing at exactly the same time. We hardly even need to speak, we just need to look at each other and know that we are thinking the same thing.

Or it might have something to do with this, dunno:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ohh, I love when this happens

Tis' only has been with a lucky few in my life, one girl in particular... but even now (Seperated.. friends) there are ocasional times when I am about to call her and she calls me or vice versa

I don't want to get into the lovely detials, but you who have loved or have had close connections with friends KNOW exactly what im talking about. It happens to people of all ages, but most times people who are older tend to make not such a big deal about it?

To me.. its amazing. a taste of heaven.
May I share this connection with all whom I love and all who love me
Yes!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Me and my sister do that sometimes.=^^=

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This has happened to me more times than I can even remeber. From saying the exact things at the same time, to thinking about calling a friend, or thinking it's been a while since I heard form so and so... and then sure enough they'll call within a couple minutes. I truly believe this is some sort of extra-sensory connection and have never passed this off as merely a coincidence (unless the thought was triggered by something external... a comment, a song that's on... stuff like that) For example: Just the other day I was with a friend and I had asked him if he had heard from another friend of ours lately because I hadn't talked to him in a couple weeks. I told him that I had meant to call him earlier, but got distracted and never got around to it. the first friend told he he hadn't talked to him either, but just after he said that.. my phone rang. I was like... if this is "kantwab" (his ATS name) I"m gonna Sh*t! Sure enough... it was him! Certainly this sort of thing happens when people are "in tune" with each other, and when this sort of thing happens, it's rarely with somebody you don't know very well. So when two people are connected in such a way, I definitely think that is is something special that shouldn't simply be disregarded as coincidence.

On a side note, yet quite possibly related, it's a known fact that often times females who spend a lot of time together often begin to fall into the same menstration cycle. I'm not sure if they know exactly WHY this happens, but it seems to me that it's got to be some sort of mental connection that causes this.

join