It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Vs France, EU divided

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
At the time that I post this, Britain and France are at a low-point in their diplomatic relationship than they have been in many years. And just yesterday, Jacque Chirac has made things worse by insulting Britain in a conversation with the German Chancellor and Vladimir Putin.
I just wanted to know what people thought of this as things are only set to get worse as Britain and France begin a showdown for the Olympics in 2012 as both are favourites to get the event.
Personally myself, I am British so I am on Britains side, but what do you think of the divide which is only going to get worse. And with the G8 summit ahead, do you think Jacque Chriac will block the Britsh made plan to help Africa out of spite to Britain???

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't think British - French relations are at any sort of serious "low".

So Chirac made a couple of silly little dumb comments, so what?
He was clearly joking and in any event he is very likely to go soon enough.

I hardly think a competition for hosting the Olympic games means much in terms of international relations......should the other countries that lost - Spain, Russia and the USA - fall out with the UK too now?

France has historic links to Africa too (thanks to her old Empire days) so why should France try to stop any help to Africa at G8?

join