It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading people over the net

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'm just wondering why people say they can read others over the net, how they do this, and if you could tell me any important things about my future by U2U.

Okay, mostly joking about that last one, but hey if ya could.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You're going to be U2U'd by a mod for making such a stupid thread.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I know.

Really though, I am interested how people make these claims of being able to "read" each other over the internet. I mean what connections are there?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
To tell you the truth I really don't know. I happen to think it's impossible because you don't have any sort of physical contact with them.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
you would need to suss out if the person was being them genuine selves as well over the net.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
moving it over to chitchat

If provided with the right information a physic reading in the form of a birth chart, etc can be done over the net.

Most people who do this stuff will require some personal information from you, like date of birth, time and place

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I had a psychic reading done online. She was pretty on target with what she said. She didnt ask for my birthdate or anything for that matter. A couple weeks ago, I created a new user name and asked for another reading. IMO, if she knows that its me, then I can pretty much say shes for real. Unless shes a mod, which I doubt.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by fu1982]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Most often the person wanting the readings is ableto give enough information to the reader for them to come up with something close enough but general enough for the readee to accept.

I am fairly good at reading body language, and it is all a matter of training and having a participant who has no clue what cues I can get off of them. Same thing can work for Tarot type readings

But over the net you are limited

I have known people on the net who's personalities are complelty differant in e-mails, compared to in real life I honestly believe they are differant people. So there is a measure of false information too

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You can tell alot by the way people use words.

What kind of words give you an insight into the educational level.

What kind of forums people are found in the majority of their time, gives you insight into their personal beliefs.......even beyond what they specifically state.......ex. if one is prone to one liners, I would venture to say they don't do alot of personal research/critical thinking. This assessment wouldn't apply of course to BTS, because of the lighter nature of it.....

How quickly people turn the topic to the poster rather than the thread title/discussion. Depending on their intensity(again, particular words) and their insistence, among other factors, they are either very hardlined on their opinion and have no control, or are intentionally derailing a thread for whatever their reason.......I've already pegged a certain member who will remain nameless as an intentional derailer....he's quite successful at it....and I'll take this oppurtunity to emphatically state that you must be aware of your own bias before making an interpretation....
otherwise, you will be wrong.......

Use of vague and conceptual terminology denotes a different type of personality than a technical poster......

There are other ways, but realistically, this is how you 'read' people over the net............not much future tellin' from where I sit......

[edit on 4-7-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here, this is the messageboard that has this psychic who gives free readings. I got one from this site, from Zylah. mysticalwonders.org...
Check it out, read some threads, and tell me if you think Zylah is credible. I think she is.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Don't you find that a LITTLE disturbing though?

I mean people can like read you off of posts, and know things about you.

It's like ultimate stalker ability.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ksnazdnzon

Not really.......it's a less accurate but very similar to reading the social cues of personal interaction.......inflection, facial tones, posture, eye contact........being a well rounded person is beiong able to interpret your environment as efficiently as possible........as simple as asking why to everything you encounter......

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ksnazdnzon

It's like ultimate stalker ability.

Yeah, thats pretty scary......with all kinds of weirdos online.....freaky!

Hmmm....someone on this site is probably being stalked right now!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Most people who do this stuff will require some personal information from you, like date of birth, time and place

...credit card number.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is how I "read" people over the internet.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Lol

I did a search for my name............you won't be doin' much readin' of me via that route.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The problem with reading people over the net is that it is so easy for a person to fake, not to metion emotions can only be carried over if the person allows them. You can have the best poker face in the world while on the net.

As i said before, being able to read someone is only going ot work on the net if the person being red has no idea the clues they give away

new topics

top topics

join