It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Liberal1984
1. Tony Blair will be yet another prime minister to have sold arms to Africa. Africa spends more money on arms than it receives in aid.
2. He will be the guy who sent troops into Iraq. History is against us on that one. Saddam killed 350,000 of his own people through oppression but the last Gulf War cost 250,000. How many has this one cost? We don't know because Tony Blair joined forces with a country that doesn’t do civilian body counts.
3. Tony Blair will have been prime minister during a time when year on year arms was Britain national export. He will have lied-distorted the truth behind sending his peoples troops to war.
He would have done nothing for the war on terror other than act as an extension to George Bush's foreign policy.
He would have done nothing for Africa than sit on MTV and receive praise from Bob Guildoff (a man who despite his appearances) now owns a media company worth over two hundred and eighty million pounds.
4. To be fair he would (along with other countries) have cancelled some African debt (mostly there so that they could arms). But if he really cared this would have happened in 1997 or soon afterwards.
5. As the guy who one an election on 38% of the vote, he will go down in history as a divisive figure.
Churchill’s support is hardly divisive. For this reason alone he will never go down in history with Churchill almost no matter what he does from now on.