It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia kills top al Qaeda militant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Amazing news right?

Could it be Osama? what do you think?

Will we know who this guy is this time?

RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's security forces killed the man at the top of its list of most wanted al Qaeda leaders in a clash in Riyadh on Sunday, the Interior Ministry said.

Moroccan national Younis Mohammad Ibrahim al-Hayyari, accused of involvement in a series of attacks in the world's biggest oil exporter, died after exchanging fire and hurling hand grenades at police, the ministry said.

Hayyari topped a list of 36 al Qaeda suspects released by Riyadh last week. The ministry said he had helped prepare explosives and played a part in several attacks in Saudi Arabia.

link to the report.

Nope it is not Osama this time.

Who the hell is Younis Mohammad Ibrahim al-Hayyari?

And why is he a top "al qaeda militant"?

I'll tell you why, The Bush administration needs news like this right now, perhaps more than ever.

It is amazing that they use the words "top" to make it seem as if they have really got someone important. I am quite sure that the killing of Younis Mohammad Ibrahim al-Hayyari will now go down in history as one of the most important victories in the war on terrorism.

Way to go guys!

You made the news!

[edit on 4-7-2005 by EvilSockPuppet]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hehe, thats really exactly what I think each and every time they say they are on to or killed a "top" blabla.

Or whenever right when the US Govt is gettin chewed down for something like Gitmo or the Abu Graib scandal, something is found(bombs, people, you name it), something is released(video's of decapitations) or the insurgents are demonized (a recent thread and news article about the insurgents having their own prison and torture camps)

How very convenient these news releases always are.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So many of the 'top' or number 1 Alqueda operatives have been caught or captured, you'd think that Alqueda would just be some bottom feeders not able to hold an organised meeting. The fact is, the top people will never be captured so every time a nobody is caught or killed, a big deal is made out of it to make it seem like Bush is actually doing something about it. Its just like the war on drugs. The dea is always busting the guy who is selling it. Occasionally they get a big bust, but the person they bust is miniscule in stature in the drug trade. The only thing netted in a big bust is alot of drugs and nobody important. Same thing here. The netted a nobody, but made it a big deal.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Try his name on Google.....
Whay exactly is google saying?
thanks

IX
helen

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Perhaps Bush has nothing to do with this since it is in Saudi Arabia?

No! How dare I break way from the conspiracy and thinking that our government controls eyesight and we deiced when some throws a grenade at police and get killed.

Doesn't matter how high he is, the world is better off without him.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Perhaps Bush has nothing to do with this since it is in Saudi Arabia?

Are you saying that Bush has no ties with the Saudi leaders?

Sorry I must have been way off here in my opening post.

I stand corrected.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by EvilSockPuppet]

top topics

join