It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Mexico & Mexico City?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Any1 got any clue why Mexico & Mexico City seems to have alot more UFO sightings than any other major city? I live in near Chicago & we get absolutlely nothing when it comes to UFO's. I thought it could be the different types of media of Mexico compared to the States & what they choose to cover. But I know alot of Mexicans & most have either seen a UFO or UFO's while they were in Mexico. Also most Mexicans I know believe in some kind of Underground Civilization. As there are tons of caves in Mexico most say there are Demons or something living in them. Its like in the States if you see a UFO to alot of people your either lying or crazy, but down in Mexico it seems every1 believes. Also on a side note almost every Latino I know believes in Chupacabra.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
J, Actually their is a lot of ufo activity around the windy city. Check out the National ufo reporting center website.

Beats me why there is so much activity in Mexico but there is.

I used to spend lots of time in Mexico partying, surfing and just running around. Saw lots of UFOs, had paranormal experiences and generally picked up on the high strangeness vibe. Maybe it's the people, beautiful landscape or bizarre history.

Living here in the southwest with clear skies and lots of hightech reasearch projects; you can see something strange almost every nite.
I'm not saying its aliens, but i spend a lot of time in the desert and it's unusual when I don't feel or see something I can't explain.

I think spending time outside and tuning your sences to the unusual makes you more perceptive to "odd" occurances.

Or I could be crazy! A lot of my friends won't go hiking in the desert with me because of the crazy things that happen. I love the looks on their faces when they ask me "what was that?" Usually it's noise from the abundant wildlife here in the high desert, but sometimes...

sorry about the poor attempt at drama.

PEACE!!

[edit on 2-7-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It's their ancient civilizations in Mexico that are frequented regularly.I don't think anybody is allowed in there at night because of this.

[edit on 2-7-2005 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As I have said before in other Posts.. I really have no idea - mayhap's climate ??

Dallas

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Just a thought... Maybe the pilots of these UFOS are like migratory birds. They keep coming back to check on the progress of human abilities over thousands of years.

Also, as far as UFO acceptance in Mexico.... I spent a few months in Mexico about 10 years ago. On every news stand there were various UFO related magazines. They seemed to range from the serious to the scandalous. On 2 occasions Mexican crew I worked with asked me questions about UFO's in the USA. They were very inquisitive and open to the subject. They also made it clear to me that they believed that the UFO's were not from this world. Also, they didn't consider them Demons or Angels from the Bible.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Well I do not dispute there may be some actual reasons for the real events that happen, what we are seeing is also the power of money.

We all know how much there is to be made from a good Hoax, books, articles, lectures, etc. Frankly the situation in Mexico reminds me very much of a couple of decades ago in the USA. Seemed like every time I turned around there was someone else popping up with yet another version of 'the truth'.

We can only hope that this will burn itself out quickly, and whatever real events happen down there can be studied properly. Brazil certainly is doing the right things.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
It's their ancient civilizations in Mexico that are frequented regularly.I don't think anybody is allowed in there at night because of this.

What are the civilizations names? Do you know the locations? Why cant we get there at night. Could we by day?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The Mayan, the Aztec, the Toltec............3 off the top of my head.....

who were a Nazgul line making people?

I wonder ALOT about this very topic........so I have no answer.
Good question, I hope somebody can shed more light beyon the Ancient peoples who once existed there.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN

Originally posted by menguard

What are the civilizations names? Do you know the locations? Why cant we get there at night. Could we by day?

Since I know you dreamscape, please answer with your opinions. Also regarding the Ancients. Whats thier take on this? I recently read an interview that said similar people left this planet a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Jonsun,

The Ancient civilizations are the ones Rivergoddess spoke of.There seems to be some type of sub pyramid structure where initiates would practice contacting or engaging in other worldly affairs.Being that most of these structures are underground.I would call these underground structures the heart centers of their civilizations.Their seems to be a vibration/frequency that resonates at a higher level of being.More in tune with the spiritual realm.These pyramids seem to be inverted.The Eagle Knights and The Jaguar Knights are the initiates of the Toltec civilizations.As far as the others just branch offs of the Toltecs.This is all I know for the time being.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
See Carl Munck's work. Do the math. Do the geometry. Then you'll see why Mexico is so important.

Sean

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
For the same reason Gulf Breeze, Pine Bush NY, and any other hotspot is hot...because people show up to see them.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Its like in the States if you see a UFO to alot of people your either lying or crazy, but down in Mexico it seems every1 believes.

I heard the same from Argentina and Venezuela. Seems like UFOs are a very common thing all over Latin America, a lot of people claim they'd seen one or several. But then, besides all the ancient civilizations and magic things, there could be more reasons:

1. Drugs. I've been in Mexico City for quite a while, never seen UFOs myself there, but I think it's no problem if you want, because there are all kind of drugs available there (very cheap too) and all kind of people use it, not only "bad" ones.

2. Believe. Most of Latin Americans mix their religions with older beliefs (like Voodoo or Santeria), for them there are more things and gods and demons present then for anyone of us. If you believe, you see it, if you don't, you may not. (Cause normally you only see what you accept as reality or what is already known to you)

3. Numbers. Mexico City has about 30 000 000 inhabitants. This is the highest number of people in one "place" all over the world. Of course you would have the highest number of sightings there if we assume the average percentage of sightings per people is about constant.

But of course I wouldn't say there are no actual UFOs there, cause nobody ever proofed the opposite.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

nasca lines, the incans made them, theres the olmec too.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I live in near Chicago & we get absolutlely nothing when it comes to UFO's.

I also live near Chicago, and have never seen a UFO, even though I scan the sky with a passion.

We live near two major airports (O'Hare and Midway), and many smaller ones. The people who live near Chicago, and reported seeing UFO's on the National UFO reporting Center's website, are to be taken with a grain of salt, in my opinion. Not that they didn't see something. But it was most likely not military experimental craft, or ET's. Great Lakes Naval Station is just north of the city.

If a person, living in the city, sees what they believe to be a UFO, chances are that 100's if not 1000's of others would have seen the same craft.

Sorry, but for those of us in the Chicago Metro area, the chances of seeing a UFO are slim to none.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Mexico's media actually reports sightings as if they were any other kind of news. Western media just doesn't do that.

There are around 500 sightings reported to Filers Files every month in Nth America, yet you see nothing on the news. Our culture says that those who think they saw a UFO are nuts. Mexico reports them as if they were a car crash or a skateboarding dog.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The answer is pretty simple. If you've ever seen George Lopez's "Why you cryin'?" you'll know that Mexicans think everything is haunted.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The pollution and the beer goes to their head faster than it does here in the states.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

I wonder ALOT about this very topic........so I have no answer.
Good question, I hope somebody can shed more light beyon the Ancient peoples who once existed there.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

This was exactly what crossed my mind when I first began to read the post! My brother says he saw a documentory and they were built by monks. Not sure how true that is. seems far fetched to me but you had to be able to see them from the sky. It's all a bit too weired for me!

Yes there are alot of drugs but aren't there anywhere and most people have experimented or taken drugs and one point or another. Some reports probably are drug related but i'd imagine some are also very legitimate like in any other country..

Native Indians have mytholigies about star people who will one day return also. I think there is a real connection going on here. If Brazilians are open to this sort of thing and make it big in news headlines and I was an ET I'd make it my first port of call to get noticed too!

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There really is a whole host of stories and legends which make perfect sense if you just add Aliens to the list of possibilities. There are also a large number of mysteries that suddenly do not seem all that odd when viewed from this perspective.

So much more is explained when you consider normal human behavior that copies stories/concepts that contain power of some sort. History is full of mysteries that have no current official solution and I am reasonably sure this is a big part of why.

A.T
(-)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join