It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today founder Neuharth Calls For US Withdrawal from Iraq, Says Bush 'Lied'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
All I can say to this is AMEN brother!

This, from the founder of USA Today:

Neuharth Calls For US Withdrawal from Iraq, Says Bush 'Lied'
Editor & Publisher

Friday 01 July 2005

New York - There he goes again. USA Today founder Al Neuharth, who caused a stir last year when - a bit ahead of the curve - he told E&P that he favored a US withdrawal from Iraq, re-iterated his position Friday, with even more force.

"I'm convinced the best way to support our troops in Iraq is to bring them home. Sooner rather than later," Neuharth, a Bronze Star winner in World War II, declared. He also compared President Bush to President Lyndon B. Johnson, saying that both presidents "lied to us in wartime."

Neuharth added, in his weekly column Friday in the newspaper he founded: "The crucial difference between Vietnam and Iraq is that there is no Cronkite to call Bush's bluff. Without a strong, trusted, non-political voice, too many of us remain Bush-blinded. Bush tried keeping the wool over our eyes again Tuesday on national TV by repeatedly tying Iraq to 9/11. That charge is as phony as his discredited prewar claim that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction."

Pointing to his own experience, Neuharth wrote: "Most of us who have had personal war experiences strongly believe this great country is worth fighting for at risk of lives. My World War II Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman's Badge on the wall behind my desk remind me of that daily.

"They also remind me that war is hell, that we must fully support our servicemen and women and put their lives at risk only for honest and just and noble causes."
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I feel that is very unfair for the families of our soldiers in Iraq not to have a set time to hope for it.

The Bush administration has not regards for anything or anybody but their own interest in the elite groups.

As long as Americans stay passive and nonvocal our elected politicians will not move from the comfort of their offices to push a time table for withdraw.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Have you heard of or read Congressman Walter Jones of North Carolina? He was the guy who named freedom fries.
He's had a big change of heart. Google him.

He's a conservative Republican calling for an exit plan pronto!

He's sick of coming face to face with the people who have lost loved ones in this action.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yes I know him I did a thread and posted a quote from him, I saw him going public to tell the people that even him think is time for withdraw.

But like I said as long as the American public do not push the issue nothing is going to happen.

We need politicians like Galloway in congress to shake some zombies around and wake them up.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Each one of us needs to wake some zombie a double s up out here in the real world. That's the only way to get things started.

I will be in D.C. in Sept. 24-28 (I think it is) for the big anti-war rally. That will be interesting.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
You know that is so unfair I was a Virginia resident for 4 years and I used to spend my leisure time in Washington all the time, and nothing never happen, I wish I was back again in Quantico Virginia.

BTW night time rocks.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
BTW night time rocks.

You know it, baby.

You should try and plan to go up that weekend. Hell, we could even meet up.. maybe?

top topics

join