It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Disease that cdc/NIH & Doctors are ignoring.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Soficrow:

Fibomuscular dysplasia is a condition in which an artery is constricted - not because of plaque build-up, but because the cells that line the artery grow and accumulate in the artery. This growth and accumulation closes off the lumen. The condition occurs in women more than in men, and the carotid and renal arteries are frequently affected. The condition can be treated by balloon angioscopy, so I'm thinking that the cells accumulating and growing out of control may be endothelial cells.

How does this relate? I am not sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I wonder if it is a parasite? I doubt it is a new bio weapon, simply because like you said it doesn't kill you, you just live with it. (other then leaving you open for other bad stuff).

Oh, and, sorry (for your condition) but, ew. Ewwwww...

I can definitly understand why people would kill themselves the first year. I really feel for you, and I sincearly hope that you can find the answers to all your questions.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hospital acquired infections, i.e. MRSA (Methicillin resistant staph aureus) Please be aware when signing a release for surgery that you sign your rights away if hospital acquired infections are in that release, leaving you no recourse for you or your family to institute suit even if it is warranted.

Make sure nurses and doctors are washing their hands and regloving inbetween patients, do not let them handle you unless they do.

I was close to death from an MRSA infection and still live with the after effects today many years later. If you go to consumersunion.org you can read some stories and legislative issues regarding it.

There are very few antibiotics that are effective on this hospital acquired infection. The CDC and NIH need to do more about this terrible infection.

Stay healthy and try to stay out of the hospital, this form of staph is an epidemic yet it's kept very quiet.

Best of health!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I first thought MRSA too. It is prevelant at first among the old in nursing homes but can be recognized and tested for by a simple nose swab.
It is very resistant to antibiotics and probably the first of the nanobacterias that I researched. I was negative for the test.

I am so sorry for your time fighting that disease and hope that you are much better now. I am sure you understand what Imean by the medical community is anything but kind and caring or care t even believe a patient. They all think we are fibbers and lie ALL the time. How sad for them to not listen to their patients.. so much as to misdiagnose time and time again......how very sad for them.

This unknown disease has these weird fibers in your skin where the lesions are. That is what makes it unique. They are the darndest thing you have ever seen and when a punch biopsy is done, although you can see them in the microscope before the punch biopsy they are no longer seen under the higher powered microscope and if they are they are dismissed as cat hair or clothing fiber.

You just can not tell a doctor anything else. Unless you live with it...it is hard to believe it exists but it does and we can not get any help except from this greast doctor George Schwartz, who wrote the book on emergency medicine, and he believes that stenotrophomonas maltophilia have a large part but still has not ideas what the fibers truly are or where they come from and he is only one man, retired and with a limited amount of time.

We need HELP!

Thanks for your kinds words BTW.

GW

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsywoman
Soficrow:

Fibomuscular dysplasia is a condition in which an artery is constricted - not because of plaque build-up, but because the cells that line the artery grow and accumulate in the artery. ........

How does this relate? I am not sure.

FYI - Fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD) does a lot more than constrict arteries - but much too much to write about now.

Main point - FMD involves a misfolded protein called a-smooth muscle actin (a-SMA). ...The a-SMA multiplies and takes over stem cells, turning them into pathogenic myofibroblasts. The myofibroblasts then multiply and take over tissue. ...The stem cells mainly infected are connective tissue stem cells called "fibroblasts" - and are present on the skin.

...To track the relevance - you need to look at "actin," the various kinds of connective tissue, and the role of "proteinaceous capsids" in spreading infectious prions, and helping them mutate into new strains.

...I can't guarantee the relevance - haven't researched this specific disease - BUT, willing to bet LOTS that it's the right track.

Run a search on it using key words like +'aberrant wound healing' OR 'tissue remodeling' OR fibroplasia OR myofibroblasts +'actin cytoskeleton' OR 'actin filaments'

...Most likely, your disease is a mutated form downstream of "a-smooth muscle actin" and probably involves a new strain (maybe an enzyme or protease) - plus one or more other infectious pathogens, either as vectors or integral to the new strain.

EDIT to add - Oh yeah - the misfolded proteins create fibers - fibrous protein deposits - it's kinda the FMD signature.
...also sorry - writing on the run - but think this is quite important - can't do the research, but can steer you.

[edit on 15-7-2005 by soficrow]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join