It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Aliens - how do we attract them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Assuming there are good aliens out there - not the dreaded human abducting greys - how do we attract them to Earth?

I'd like to meet an alien from a technically and socially advanced race. Considering what I see here on Earth every day, I'd love to have a break from it by visiting a world that's learned a thing or two. Problem is - why the heck would they want to know us?

So, what woud we need to do to attract good aliens?

Could some interested citizens start a group that tries to implement the most sophisticated and advanced thinking humans are currently capable of?

Should we beam messages with our most advanced technology into space?

Should we create messages that talk all about the good things we do (rather than our more 'human' moments)?

What do you think we'd need to do to attract the 'good' aliens that we'd like to get to know?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ive always wondered that with our technology being obviously different to that of any other life form would they be able to detect any sognal we put into space. I've always imagined it like us sending signals into space and hoping that a world full of camels would be able to pick up the signals and then have the intelligence capacity to know what they were and want to find where they came from.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
thats hard to answer!thats goona keep me thinking.let me think about it and i'll get back to you!

[edit on 1-7-2005 by xqisit]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Now why the [censor] would you or any one else want to attract ETs? We don't even know how many races have visited Earth! (theres probably just the one race that visits this planet) Are you trying to start the War of the Worlds?
Anyway, if you really do attract an alien to your house I suggest that you be prepared with a shotgun (or at least a real knife). Hey if you seriously want to atract an ET that won't perform expirements on you then...........
HAPPY HUNTING!!!

[edit on 707/11/0505 by Acekwak]

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
perhaps I cannot make a sensible suggestion here, and will therefore not post on this thread, allowing others to comment on the topic without my involvement in this matter.

edit - because I was being a cnut tbh

[edit on 11-7-2005 by Strodyn]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Nuclear explosions, natural disasters, radio and tv broadcasts, city lights, satellites with descriptions of man... But I'm pretty sure that most efforts to attract "friendly" aliens would attract the bad ones too.

Once they are here you could show them raw materials, tech for trade and maybe even an alliance. Trading is always good and sometimes both sides are winners. On the other hand there could be other aliens attracted who may not be worried about the consequences if they steel the goods instead or maybe decieve us with false tech.

The only way I could think of contacting/attracting the "friendly" aliens would be to travel to their home planet ourselves once we've "identified" them.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Some aliens seem to like various parts of cattle as in cattle mutalations.

Maybe we could have a big ole Texas style barbque and send out the invitations via HAArp.

The question of good aliens vs. bad aliens. Even a good alien can go bad if you don't treat him with respect. Kinda like people.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Maybe drop a few pounds - fatty!

And would it kill ya' to iron your clothes once in a while??

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Please let’s try to stay on topic and actually add to the conversation rather than laying down comedic one liners and sarcastic quips.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm a little amazed that the concept of good or bad can be applied to other lifeforms within the galaxy(s). In our own culture good and bad are very difficult to define. Here's an example:

1. It's bad to kill other people, if you kill other people you will be recognized as a bad person.
2. It's good to accomplish your mission, even if it is to kill people, you would be a good person to those who gave you the mission to kill other people.

Depending on which side of this you are on, the killer or the killee(sp), this could be good or bad, or both. These are HUMAN values/judgements and probably don't apply to our visitors from way out of town.

As far as attraction goes, in general find something they (the aliens) want, stockpile it , destroy all other sources than your stockpile, and sit back and wait - they will find you.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bracke
Nuclear explosions, natural disasters, radio and tv broadcasts, city lights, satellites with descriptions of man... But I'm pretty sure that most efforts to attract "friendly" aliens would attract the bad ones too.

Well, duh! Thats kinda obvious.
I seriously don't think aliens need to be attracted. As I've mentioned, there probably is just the one race that often visits Earth.
Even if there are other highly evolutionized beings with incredibal technology like the ones that have big eyes, big heads, grey suites, etc., They probably aren't interested in our planet anyway. And....if they are then don't worry, I'm sure they will eventually find us and destroy us!!!

lol

[edit on 707/12/0505 by Acekwak]

top topics

join