It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Kitty Hawk to be replaced by USS George HW Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
USS Kitty Hawk is slated for replacement by CVN-77 in 2008-2009 the USS George H.W. Bush.......

Source: www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ugh. Talk about turning a ship into a target! Considering how many folks hate both Bushes, that's like painting a big target on the side that says 'shoot me.' Perhaps it's a plot to get people to fire on our military so we can get into (another) war.

I guess it's too late for me to write to my reps that this is a REALLY bad idea ....

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This isn't news by any stretch of the imagination, the final Nimitz class carrier was named George H.W. Bush in 2002.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The Bush replaces Kittyhawk, and the CVN-78 replaces Enterprise. She's going to be the USS America. Here's the last shot of the first America CV-66 on her way down recently. That's the only pic I can find of her sinking.

www.cvn78.com...
www.cvn78.com...

M6D

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Nuclear reactor replacement costs from the USS George HW Bush, is slated to replace fueling costs for the USS Kitty Hawk.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
People hate Bush Sr.?
Anyway its sad that this is the last Nimitz class, the new CVNX should start kicking in when CVN-77 is completed.

Here's the last shot of the first America CV-66 on her way down recently. That's the only pic I can find of her sinking.

That's because the Navy equipped the USS America with the new RAM missile systems and other systems to see how they perform in real live fire situations. They fired supersonic ant ship missiles at her to see how her defense performed, once done they just kept firing till she went down. They did not want their results or vides/pictures to be made public, hence the lack of info about her sinking.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Actually from what I heard from a former crewmember, she didn't have ANYTHING left on her when they took her out. They did explosives tests on her. According to what I read they set off explosives in her over a period of days to experiment with some new things for the CVN-78 and beyond. They stripped her down to nothing, then towed her out. Everything that could be used on another ship was stripped off her and given away. There are some pics of her on the way out, and you can see there's nothing left. It doesn't even look like they left the no-slip on the deck before taking her out. There are several pictures taken where her CIWS had been mounted, and you can see they took that off too. Along with any missile launchers she had, or anything else.

www.cvn78.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yepp, it's a nimiz class carrier... (nuclear powered) and it will replace the not nuclear powerd USS kityhawk as soon as they have builtit ready...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
That's why they're trying to put a carrier in either Hawaii or Guam. Once Kittyhawk is gone, we can't base a carrier in Japan anymore. Our treaty with them forbids the basing of nuclear powered ships there. That's why we were keeping some CVs around.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AWingAndASigh
Ugh. Talk about turning a ship into a target! Considering how many folks hate both Bushes, that's like painting a big target on the side that says 'shoot me.'

No USS Clinton yet. Considering how much the U.S military hates him. But perhaps China will reward Clinton with a ship named after him...

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The thing is the military love presidents that increase thier DoD bugets, and since both bush increases DoD bugets the military love them so they name a carrier after them hehehe

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, not to mention that both bushes do not pull out of a conflict just because 18 soldiers were killed and a few bad pictures hit the screens.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well, not to mention that both bushes do not pull out of a conflict just because 18 soldiers were killed and a few bad pictures hit the screens.

lol, what president was that when black hawk down happen?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That was Clinton. He got scared after that happened and brought them home.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Not a bright idea. The military hates him...and his wife. No Confidence. That administration was always more intrested in Poll results and expediency than doing what was right. Not a practice respected in the military. Remember too...alot of military people get out and become civilians and dont forget.
The only way Clinton will get a boat named after him is to brown nose it through Congress by passing out lots of Cigars!! They are dumb enough to buy it.
The KittyHawk is just plain olde and worn out..just like the USS Kennedy. They are long overdue for retirement. Whole systems are just plain worn out. Replacements are long overdue...
I figure we will probably as stated by a previous poster ...port our carriers on one of the islands or in Australia.
Going beyond the USS George Bush..the first piece of steel has already been laid for the CVN 21 class of carriers.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Funnily enough the USS Kitty Hawke arrived in Sydney Harbour today, and looks magnificent on the harbour.

Yes thankyou America, we'll take her, maybe we can do a special deal on one slightly used aircraft carrier? Maybe throw in 40 or so 2nd hand F-15's to seal the deal?

Whenever I get a taxi to work I drive past the Kitty Hawke when she's in town, and love seeing all the f-18's hangin' over the edge of the deck. Yes please, we'll take her!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm sure the KittyHawk would go well with a couple of F-35's the land down under will be getting.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So in keeping with its namesake will this ship be assigned to the National Guard and go missing when required for service.

Bi-fuel reactor? Coke and alcohol.

Maybe they could name a torpedo after Clinton.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   

So in keeping with its namesake will this ship be assigned to the National Guard and go missing when required for service.

Perhaps you would like to know that George H.W Bush was a distinguish airman in WWII that was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross.
Here is his war record.
George H. W. Bush

Maybe they could name a torpedo after Clinton.

No it will most likely be distracted by some bloated fish and not hit the ship.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Dear all,

If it is a true Bush then CVN-77 will sell itself to the Chinese with a full air wing.

Will all aboard her have to wear Star Trek red shirts?

Cheers

BHR

top topics

<<   2 >>

join