It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rectangle UFO witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
On September 15, 2004, I witnessed a huge rectangle floating in broad daylight in Charlotte, NC. I was sitting in stalled 5 o'clock rush hour traffic heading north on I-85 and close to UNC Charlotte. There are large 3-story telephone power towers at the Hwy 49 exit off of I-85. As I was driving approximately 15mph suddenly in the sky ahead of me was a dark grayish or greenish colored rectangle. I estimate it's length as long as a football field. It was dark gray green with panels that were somewhat reflective. It floated motionless and then drifted to the right. I lost sight of it behind the tree line as I drove along. I had time to remove my sunglasses so I watched it for approximately 10 seconds. Traffic began to move and I thought I would be able to follow it. It floated to the east and I lost sight of it behind a tree line. When I topped the hill, it was gone.

When I first saw this UFO, my brain apparently tried to make sense of it and it occurred to me that it must be a banner being towed along by an airplane. But I quickly comprehended that there was no airplane towing anything. It was exactly what it was: a Rectangle ufo with reflective panels like you would see in a skyscraper.

I've read every reported sighting of rectangle ufo's in NUFORC, HBCC, etc., and several witnesses to rectangles have reported the same strange comprehension phenomenon wherein they assume it's a banner being towed by an airplane. But they quickly surmise there is no airplane towing anything.

My God, what is going on here?

Are these UFO's time travelers who can appear and disappear whenever they want? Are they stealing energy from power lines? Are they premptively correcting possible disasters? Are they scoping us out to harm us or to prey on us?

I invite any who have witnessed a rectangle UFO to please respond and let me know if you also suffered the same initial reaction, ie., you look for the plane towing a banner only to discover that no airplane is in sight.

And another thing! Why did no other witnesses come forward? Perhaps a more interesting phenomenon is how humans react to witnessing a UFO. Some people seem to be dumbfounded and deny what is as clear as the nose on their faces. Others seem to be in a fog. Not me! I know what I saw and it's very troublesome to think that such advanced technology can come and go at their leisure. Are we all a bunch of dumb-arsed cows?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Nice catch, and even though I haven't seen a rectangular one, I have seen a UFO and can relate.

My very first UFO sighting is somewhat blurry now, as it was a long time ago. But I remember seeing something glimmer to the far right, catching my attention, and when I looked at this, dark, blurry cloud that seemed to reflect the street light that was just twice the street lights lengt above the it I remember my brain trying hard to comprehent what I saw. First I thought, 'Ok, so there's some kids out playing with their kites, and they're reflecting the street light or something... right? Right?!?!' but alas it was a UFO floating by at a very close distance, the size of a house and totally camouflaged.

I don't really like to tell this story, even to people on the internet because my memory is a little fuzzy. For instance I can only remember myself thinking 'kites', when I saw it but I don't remember what I actually saw.. just some kind of glimmering coming from the street lights. I've only told one person I know about one of my two sightings, and that person lives across country and I only know her through internet. I have something of a class clown reputation when it comes to my irl friends and I think they wouldn't take me seriously at all, as I'm not the kind of person to them, even though I often assume that role (a serious debater) on the internet. I've also reported the most recent sighting to the authorities and I've though about reporting the first one but I really don't think it would help. The only thing I can do is collect the information about it, combine it with other sightings, especially in Sweden (where I live, duh) and become somewhat of a UFO camouflage 'expert'.

About them (UFOs) hanging out near power lines and such, I think they're just scouting for technology. You've heard about them hanging around military bases, nuclear plants, anything with a little more advanced technology. Well, I think this is just part of their pattern. I don't know what they're trying to do... measure our progress through looking at our technology or what, but this certainly fits the pattern. I've heard from another Swedish friend wich have seen something very simular to what I've seen, that the UFO he saw also dwelled around a power supply station of some kind, only it's camouflage wasn't quite working (just like in my 2 cases only a little more) and it revealed parts of it's highly reflective body.

Well, I trailed off a little bit there, but I hope you've gained some insight. UFOs certainly exist and what the hell our governments are doing about it I for one don't know. God. I just want to have a number, like 131, where you can instantly reach a UFO center and tell them "I saw a UFO at [location] and it's moving at [speed], send a helicopter!". If I ever attain a couple of million SEK I'll build a movement like this.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Drexon]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Great idea for the sighting index or "clearing house" database. Presently, NUFORC does a great job of maintaining their sighting database but there is no way for witnesses to communicate with each other regarding similar sightings. I hope to hear from those who reported similar sightings to mine in this forum.

Regarding why they reveal themselves to us, I am reluctant to ascribe good or bad intentions. They seem to have such a clinical mindset towards humanity and perhaps that's because they are so advanced. But isn't the ability to communicate at many different levels a clear indication of intelligence?

So what is the reason for their peculiar communication methods? Why all this intrigue? Even if our governments are involved in a cover-up, why do these visitors play cat and mouse with humanity? This sitation doesn't look good to me. I have a feeling something is terribly wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313
Great idea for the sighting index or "clearing house" database. Presently, NUFORC does a great job of maintaining their sighting database but there is no way for witnesses to communicate with each other regarding similar sightings. I hope to hear from those who reported similar sightings to mine in this forum.

Regarding why they reveal themselves to us, I am reluctant to ascribe good or bad intentions. They seem to have such a clinical mindset towards humanity and perhaps that's because they are so advanced. But isn't the ability to communicate at many different levels a clear indication of intelligence?

So what is the reason for their peculiar communication methods? Why all this intrigue? Even if our governments are involved in a cover-up, why do these visitors play cat and mouse with humanity? This sitation doesn't look good to me. I have a feeling something is terribly wrong.

i could have swore u said that in the other thread lol

ill go ahead and say what i said in that thread too

i have seen ufos on around 2 dozen occasions or more
one of them was up close
it was a metallic disk just like everyone else reports

its nice to know we have people who share similar expierances to share our stories with
this is very good its almost like therapy in a way

keep your eyes open guys
somethings gotta give

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Very observant of you! I must admit I did say pretty much the same thing in several threads and the reason for it is that the threads are so similar I hoped to get some response. Thanks for yours!

I believe it is important for witnesses to share their stories and try to find the truth about what is happening to us. I hope you reported what you saw to NUFORC so we'll have a record of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
very interesting story.

Now, I make no claims as to the authenticity of the pic but did it look something like this?

thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...

SPiderj

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
No, it was a solid rectangle with encased panels that were reflective. It was very similar to a glass and metal skyscraper flying sideways. It was dark greenish gray. It had at least 3 levels of encased panels. It was as long as a football field and about 1/3 the height.

It seemed to float in the air. Incredible!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What color were the frames bordering the panels?

Were there any other markings on the object that you saw?

Can you say what part of the country you were in when you saw it?

According to NUFORC there was an object sited in New York that sounds very much like what you saw.

[edit on 1-7-2005 by Junkheap]

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Did the object's dimensions have the ratio of 1 by 4 by 9? and look like this?

Just kidding.

So no one else on the highway saw this other than yourself. Don't you think thats strange? I know your saying it seemed normal until you realized it wasn't a banner, but I would think it would have caused a traffic jam.

Can you post a drawing of it?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Fact stated - "sitting in rush hour traffic"

(major metro area implying thousands of potential corroborating witnesses) and YOU were the ONLY witness to this event. There were likely traffic choppers up there and the associated ATC people watching the scopes and THEY saw nothing..??

Chances are that your viewing angle on said object was such that what was probably something ordinary (to everyone else) looked unique to you.

It is a UFO but probably something ordinary - blimpie maybe on a weird angle or towed banner but heading away and was turning such that plane was obscured from you view. Apply Occam's Razor and when that fails run for the hills....

You just get back from watching War of the Worlds movie..??

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I can't believe I'm the only person who saw this rectangle ufo over Charlotte, NC in broad daylight. Because I am certain I saw it, evidently I'm the only person who reported it.

The encased panels were just like those used to construct very contemporary skyscrapers wherein a metal frame casing holds big sheets of what I guess is glass or plastic.

Again, too bad NUFORC doesn't provide a method for its witnesses to contact each other to discuss similar sightings. And since I've read of similar sightings on NUFORC's database, I am convinced that what I saw was real and has been seen other places in the United States.

Obviously, it's easy to doubt my story and dismiss my quest to understand. I'm not really interested in those responses because I've done all the doubting and questioning myself. Like I said, I hoped to hear from witnesses to rectangle ufo's specifically.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
very interesting story.

Now, I make no claims as to the authenticity of the pic but did it look something like this?

thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...

SPiderj

Thats pretty much what I saw, except my sighting was at night. I saw four dots of light then a big rectangle swooping upwards. I made a thread about it yonks ago. One of my few UFO sightings!

top topics

join