It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Men Attacked in Queens. Deserved?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

BTW alot of people were upset after 9/11, if you lived in new york and had friends and family just killed would you be very happy about it?

What has 9/11 got to do with this? Is this implying that it was "ok" or "acceptable" to be angry and/or abusive towards ALL people of Arabian descent, during and after 9/11?

The fact that one of the accused in this crime had a history of racially-motivated violence points to his being a bigot, not his having "justified" reactions.

Nothing - NOTHING - justifies victimizing a particular race....not even 9/11.

(some of us who DID lose friends in 9/11 are able to grasp that not every Arab is a potential terrorist; likewise, not every terrorist is of Arab descent. Terry Nichols, anyone?)

Sorry if I'm missing your point - if I am, would you mind clarifying for me?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Cobra are you serious?
do you really think if three white kids got beat up it would have made the news and be called a "hate crime"?
I think it would make the news, maybe not a hate crime.

unfortuneatly as whites we have to look the other way in the name of "equality" or be labeled a rascist.
look what other way? what are we looking away from?

According to some of these people on this board the white kids had no right to 1. protect their property. 2. protect themselves and neighborhood.
Of course they have the right, they dont have the right to take the justice in thier own hands, nor does anyone else.

BTW alot of people were upset after 9/11, if you lived in new york and had friends and family just killed would you be very happy about it?

Happy about it? NO, would I take it out on the first person that looks muslim? NO! Frankly I see this comment as a racist comment, why would you bring up 9/11 and blacks?

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm white. Three - five times a week I go into all-black sections of DC and Maryland where the cops don't go solo, where black people look at me funny. So, being on the opposite side of the table of these guys who got beat up, I guess I have a valid interest in racial harmony, heh. It sounds like they were attacked because of their color. Even if they were stealing a car, call the cops. Why? What are you going to do with a baseball bat if the guy has a gun? And if you beat the guy with a baseball bat, you could kill him. These guys with baseball bats were about as dumb as the would-be thiefs. Cops are a phone call away. And worst case scenarios, that's what car insurance is for.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
How come everytime someone says anything negative about someone who is not of the same color.....they are labeled as a racist? That's pathetic...people use that word to loosely. Somone can say they don't like thier neighbors and as soon as the fact that they are black comes around
...everyone starts crying racism....even though he/she may have very valid complaints and reason to not like them.

Anyways....Yeah whatever. This was not a hate crime, white, black, yellow, whatever....these people who did the attacking would have attacked a white dude if they thought the same...you know the stealing the car thing.

A white dude hits a black dude...it's called racism.
A black dude hits a white dude....it's getting even for the past 400 years of bla bla bla.

Has it ever occured to many of you that Black on White hate crimes exist?
Well it does!! Hate crimes suck but as long as there are people that fuel the fire and cry "RACISM" everytime a white dude farts and a black man smells it (or vis-versa) things will not get better and you are just making them worse.....

Have facts to prove that someone is a racist before calling them one....just cause they had an altercation with someone of different color is not proof enough.

Edit: There's a difference between saying someones comment is racist, a racist comment and labeling someone as a racist......

Jerimiah_John, where in DC/MD are you from? Im a P.G. boy myself.....havent been back in awhile tho.

[edit on 3/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
moving to US. News Discussion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join