It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wooshing sound

page: 1

join
share:
xn

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Anyone ever hear a wooshing sound during meditation? I've been told that this is the conscious mind trying to keep you in the body, then I've been told that this is the sound going from the physical plane to the astral plane. Which is it? I remember that during the time I heard this sound, I felt like I was going someplace, like another dimension or something. It was like a sound I never heard before, very unique.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The scientific explanation I think is that this is part of the hallucinating that goes on during sleep paralysis. Also the limbic system gets excited and the fear kicks in at about this stage (amygdala). Happens to me quite often.

A not-so-scientific explanation would be that this noise is the physical and non-physical bodies separating during an OBE.

xn

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
So which would be correct? I've had OBEs before and I know what they're like. When I heard this sound, I was able to move, so I wasn't in the state of sleep paralysis.

posted on Aug, 15 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I don't think I've experienced what you're describing,
whenever I get that noise, I can't move.

xn

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Right after I heard (and felt) the noise, I was really excited cuz it was something that never happened before, and I just stopped meditating. If this were sleep paralysis, I wouldn't be able to do that. I remember the time when I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't move, now that was sleep paralysis. But something else was happening at the time. Not only could I not move, but I was floating upwards. During sleep paralysis is the best time for an OBE to occur. At that time, I realized what was happening, so I used my mind to gently lower myself down and back into my body.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I dunno if this may be it but I know that the armed forces secure commlinks and cable lines give people light headedness, weakness in body, and a loud ringing/wooshing sound whenever there in the radius. This isnt probably what your talking about, but I just wanted to bring it up as a possibility

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xn
Anyone ever hear a wooshing sound during meditation? I've been told that this is the conscious mind trying to keep you in the body, then I've been told that this is the sound going from the physical plane to the astral plane. Which is it? I remember that during the time I heard this sound, I felt like I was going someplace, like another dimension or something. It was like a sound I never heard before, very unique.

You are right on both ideas. While it isn't exactly the conscious mind trying to keep you in, it is what keeps the conscious mind within the range of the body. You experience the sound consciously as you shift to astral, because it is an astral sound coming into your conscious range. It is always there, it is the background "noise" of reality's wavelengths (brainwaves) being heard in union after "stepping back". We don't hear it in our normal state of consciousness, because we use the conscious mind to focus upon a single object within it all, thus blinding us to the whole "composition".

I've experienced this in two forms. The wooshing, which is in cycles and corresponds with the brain waves, your personal refresh rate, visual, audible, and physical sensation. And the chords, where everything becomes drowned out by the combined "sound" of all sensory input. This one is more common with passing out, from holding one focus for too extended a time and neglecting the feelings that coincide.

One, the wooshing, is an expansion of consciousness into the various ranges. The other is a collapse into that one focus, and a shutdown of the input to expand within that one focus.

posted on Aug, 19 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. The many states the brain can get into is a fascinating subject indeed.

I've been hoping/trying for an obe for years.

top topics

join