It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research Team...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hello everyone, is there anyone here who would be interested in working on an ATS research project on subliminal messages with me? This project will require alot of research, and alot of time. Please only apply if you are willing to dedicate the time that this project requires.

Thanks!

Jack

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Link to the official Research Project: www.abovetopsecret.com...

mod edit to make link clickable

[edit on 31-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
ILl have a go at it. Ive been interested in subliminal msesages for a while and i think this would be a great opportunity to look at/for them and to learn about them. Ive always wondered how powerfull they could be too.

I Dont have access to the internet every day so i may be able to check out a book from a local library now and then if needed, but i think i can access the net enough for the reasearch needed. Count me in!

Edit: Also I have plenty of free periods in school that i could go down to the library and use their computers, Just gotta tell them that im doign a research project and they'll let me.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by syberwolff]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I had some thoughts on the Backwards music stuff, specifically Stairway to Heaven that I would like to post, I can't offer an everyday commitment but I also would like to contribute a few other things I learned in my Buisness Ethics classes and some audio software I have used to induce hypnotic states. And possibility of me joining? I tired to reply to the thread, not realizing you needed permision to do so

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would like to but i am really busy.If any timespan opens up soon ill notify you.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If anyone would like to write a submission, I will post it with full credit given to them.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am intrigued, but what exactly do you DO in a research project?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Lots and lots of research, then you author an article relating what relevant information you got from your research. Were sort of at a stand still right now, however, I'd like to get this project moving again, the only problem is that most of the stuff I'm considering posting is just hypothetical, and has no real backing.

Anyone who can dedicate time for this would be helpful.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Okay, I will try my best in writing an article, I really can't promise anything groundbreaking. Is their any specific deadline to when this article is due?

Forget it I know I'll screw up somehow.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Majestic12]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
No deadline, and if your interested in having me submit it, just u2u it to me. If you would like to research the information your self, drop me a u2u, and I'll ask ADVISOR about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Alright, JBurns. I'll see what I can do.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thank you very much for the help, if you need anything (can't really see how I can help very much), feel free to ask.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm still pretty new here and would like to contribute, but I can't U2U yet. Is there any other way I could participate? Thanks

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In that case, feel free to post anything you would like to right here in this thread.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
One last question, do you want the article to be of any specific length?

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That is completely up to you as the author. If you feel that you can cover the topic in 3 paragraphs then that is fine, if you feel that you need 25 pages to adequatley cover the topic, that's also fine.

Any questions from anyone are welcome.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here's a few thoughts on the backwards masking Tairway thing, as to my backround I work as a musician and recording engineer.

Originally posted by JBurns
Forward playing lyrics:
"If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now, it's just a spring clean for the May Queen. Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run there's still time to change the road your on."

Backwards playing lyrics:
"Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666, there was a little tool shed where he made us suffer, sad Satan."

[edit on 30-6-2005 by JBurns]

I'm curious what live version you listened to, I used the one from the "How the West was won" three CD set and if anything these alleged messages are clearer. I could see how you would hear 666 and Satan but the other stuff about a tool shed and all that is just not there.

UPDATE: I have found a copy of the live version, and tested out the theory of the messages not being in there, and have found that they are not. This leads me to believe that someone added them in, AFTER they recorded the song!

Nobody outside the band added these things in after the recording. Jimmy Page did all the producing and was there for the mixing and mastering of every Zeppelin album. He was a bit of a fanatic about the way the records sounded. Any additional stuff would have to be added to the original 24 track reel to reel tapes because there would be no way to mix them into the two track masters. To mix them into the two track masters without them being on the original 24 track tape would mean the Mastering engineer would have to have had a separate 24 track tape deck with the tape of the backwards messages patched into the same mixer as the tape deck with the 24track recordings on them and would have had to reach over and hit play on the second deck at just the right time for it to blend in without being noticed. That is just not possible. Page considered "Stairway to heaven" to be his crowning achievement at the time and there is no way he would leave during the final mix, let alone be gone long enough for a mastering engineer to set up a second tape deck patch it in, mix it and hand it to him. These types of records take hours to mix, sometimes days, there would be no way to hide that, and also there are no bizarre forwards sounds. If it were an extra track it would need to be on the 24 track reel, and there would be no way for the band to not know about that. That would mean the recording engineer risked his reputation, legal recourse and the wrath of the biggest rock band in the world to sneak messages on a 24 track reel and then got the Mastering engineer (a separate engineer at a separate studio) to mix them in without telling the band. This could never happen. It would have to be added by the band. The idea that Jimmy Page was using extra tracks to add backwards Satanic messages in the pre-digital recording era is a bit far fetched considering what a rare commodity tracks were at that time. The alleged 'messages" are there as a result of what Robert Plant sings, not any extra tracks. There would be few tracks left to spare. It is well documented that Page recorded three guitar solos and comped together the final one from those takes. That would mean he's used up four tracks right there leaving only 20 tracks. There is no way with a limited number of tracks and mixer channels he would devote a track entirely to backwards messaging. Even if he did use a piece of tape where there was nothing happening at the moment it would only muddle the mix. The alleged 'messages" are there as a result of what Robert Plant sings.

I'm very happy with these findings now, perhaps I'll look into where the digital version was created/recorded, and see if anything turns up.

This has been going on since well before the digital era, many people claim the satanic messages can only be heard when listening to the original vinyl. So go figure on that one.
One thing about Led Zeppelin was they defiantly had some bizarre occult dabblings, but we do not need to play the song backwards to find reference to the occult; there are ample references forwards. In Biblical tradition there is a history of the Devil as Lucifer the Archangel, but also as the angel Jesus Christ gifted to be the celestial composer of music; identifying him as the "Piper". There are several Led Zeppelin songs telling us to heed the pipers call. In “Stairway to Heaven” Plant Sings:
“And it's whispered that soon if we all call the tune
then the piper will lead us to reason.
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
and the forests will echo with laughter.”
Later he sings:
“Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,
The piper's calling you to join him,
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.”
Are they talking about Satan? Maybe, but this connection is far more credible than the backwards tool shed theory. There is also a subtle Aleister Crowley reference in there too when Plant sings:
“If there’s a bustle in your hedgerow, don’t be alarmed now, it’s just a spring clean for the May queen.”
The May queen is a poem of Aleister Crowley’s and I cannot find any other reference to a “May queen” of any kind other than Crowley’s poem. Is this in itself indicative of servitude to the anti-Christ? No, but it does seem to get stranger and stranger the more you dig. It also undermines the theory that the song is the sweet story of a girl with too much money who realizes the errors of her materialistic ways.

Hope this is informative and usefull

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I've actually done a whole research paper on the use of subliminal messageing and advertisement. I would absolutely love to become a part of this team, and would be more than happy to send you my paper along with my sources as a sort of "resume"

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The research paper sounds great

El duderino, can I ask where your sources were for this? I don't doubt a word of what your saying, I'd just like to see it for myself. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The research paper sounds great

El duderino, can I ask where your sources were for this? I don't doubt a word of what your saying, I'd just like to see it for myself. Thanks.

Cole, Richard. Stairway to Heaven Led Zeppelin Uncensored. New York, NY: Harper Collins, 1992

Crowley, Aleister. The Book of Law. York Beach, Maine: Samuel Weiser Inc., 1993

Davis, Stephen. Hammer of the Gods, the Led Zeppelin Saga. New York, NY: Berkeley Boulevard, 1997

Greer, John Michael. The New Encyclopedia of the Occult. St. Paul, Minnesota: Llewellyn Publications, 2003

The Holy Bible, encyclopedia and concordance, King James version. New York, NY: Garden City Publishing, 1954

Marrs, Jim. Rule By Secrecy. New York, NY: Perennial: 2000

Metzger, Brian and Michael D. Coogan. The Oxford Guide to People and Places of the Bible. Oxford University Press, 1993

Stanford, Peter. The Devil: A Biography. New York, NY: Henry Holt and Company, 1996

The mixing deck reel to reel stuff is from personal experience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join