It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M4a1 Carbine on steroids.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
www.aresdefense.com...

u can scroll down and look at the video demonstrations.

its lighter than the M249 SAW currently use by our forces, they should switch to this baby.

comparing to regular m4 carbine and to this one and its only slightly different

Caliber: 5.56 x 45 mm NATO
Action: Gas-actuated, short-stroke tappet
Mass: 3.4 kg (7.5 lbs)
Length: 28"-40" (depends on barrel)
Barrel length: 13"-20", 16" standard
Rate of fire: 625-1000 rpm
Magazine: M27 (M249) linked rounds
STANAG 4172 (M16) magazines
100-round Beta C-Mag

imagine all the soldiers carrying this M4 carbine version pack with either 100 rounds or 200 rounds.

man hope we can get this very soon.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Man, and I thought the M249 was good!!! U could waste ppl with those!!! 1 of my favorites was the 1 handed videos, u can't do that with M249. I also liked that it was smaller, obviously, and didn't have that bad of a recoil. I would probally would have the 640 RPM Version, the 1000 RPM 1 chews through ammo 2 quickly, BUT SWEAT!!!!!!!!! NICE POST!!!

!!! At least there r a hand full of guns out there that make the .22 don't suck.....so badly.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
wow nice!!! that gun is sweet!! ... is it out yet???

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
interesting weapon see what happens with it

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
well... its probly going to replace the M4a1 Carbine

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Not likely Russian, it will probably just be a concept for a new machinegun.

But who knows, if the XM-8 will not be chosen, they will probably have a weapon series based on the modified AR-15 weapons.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Assault Rifle-15 weapons??? never heard ov em.... well anyway is that new M4a1 Carbine thing out yet??? i wanna take it to a shooting range... hell ill take 2

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
Assault Rifle-15 weapons??? never heard ov em....

Their guns like the M16, SR25, M4, etc... Based off of the AR-15 design, or better known as the M16 now, but the AR-15 was 1st, which lead 2 the M16.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That gun is called the SHRIKE
you can get some more pics of the shrike here

M6D

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The only problem i see with this mod of teh M4 is fact that its not origonally designed as a dedicated MG, its only a modded carbine. the problems you may find are the same as the M4's problem, the barrel of the weapon perhaps wearing out a lot sooner may be a problem, and perhaps more recoil then normal, after all, a M249 stock is a lot diffrent, i know for id still prefer a M249, they seem to be a lot more reliable then a M4, never mind a M4 on steroids.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
the barrel of the weapon perhaps wearing out a lot sooner may be a problem, and perhaps more recoil then normal, after all, a M249 stock is a lot diffrent, i know for id still prefer a M249, they seem to be a lot more reliable then a M4, never mind a M4 on steroids.

i believe they already dealt with the problem of the barrel wearing out soon. its changable in anicase and it probably can handle the firing as much as the M249.

M6D

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I dont know, i see what you mean, but still, i would use the more dedicated FN built M249..i just happen to well..trust FN a bit more..and what about the gas piston? is it diffrent from the normal stoner method? because isnt the gas piston on the M4 due to its length wear out a lot quicker then its older brother the M16?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Smaller is not always better in the case of a SAW weapon, there is a reason why the M249 receiver is a bit larger, it has larger more reinforced bolt, firing pin, sear etc to survive sustained high ROF. without failing.

Just because you modify the receiver to take belt fed ammo and a larger calibur does not mean that you have created the ultimate SAW weapon as the dependability is a HUGE factor. Being capable of laying down one 4 second burst at 600rpm but only to have the bolt spring warp or the sear hammer to distengrate means you are left with a pile of junk.

complete rubbish

M6D

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nice way of putting it, i was thinking along the same lines, can he M4 handle firing like a SAW?

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I like the different magazine options. Reminds me of the STONER.
Man the STONER was a great weapon.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
www.subgunvideos.com.../Shrike%20Videos/

here is another video, nice music, just pick which u want to play video on.

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
nice vids... how much does it weigh???

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by russiankid
nice vids... how much does it weigh???

7.5 lbs as it says in my first post. of course the weigh can change if u use either 100 or 200 rounds or just the 30 round mag. or with the rounds in soft bags its quieter as well as light.

join