It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's numbers on last nights speach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Look at this: www.cnn.com...

With these numbers, the main media tells us that Bush's approval rating is 45%. I don't know, but I think that number has been artificially inflated - where did 45% come from? When I saw the above link, and others elsewhere, I'd like to know where the 45% came from when 75% are worried about his leadership. Seems it should be around 25-35% at best.

Why again is it that he was voted as president again?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Because just over half of the voters voted for him?

Don't look at me though, I didn't, I voted Badnarik

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

With these numbers, the main media tells us that Bush's approval rating is 45%. I don't know, but I think that number has been artificially inflated - where did 45% come from? Why again is it that he was voted as president again?

are u saying the CNN is a liar? maybe u need to look up at the reasons why the majority voted for him. it helps u better understand.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Maybe you should ask Ray Lemme's widow about that.

He was an investigator for FDOT [Florida Dept of Transportation] and was looking into money laundering using toll booth cash flows.

Was excited about this case, then mysteriouslly commited suicide, by beating himself up and slashing himself in a motel room instead of going to work one day.

That dirty money is reputed to be the money used to skew the polls in Florida.

Republican hitmen and money laundering, The moral highground? Not in my book.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

Was excited about this case, then mysteriouslly commited suicide, by beating himself up and slashing himself in a motel room instead of going to work one day.

It's all the rage!! It's the new 'hip' method of "commiting suicide". Car wrecks, plane crashes and aggressive forms of cancer are so passe.

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The report last night, on CNN, after the speech said that those poll numbers show "partisan viewership", in otherwords, the viewers by majority were Bush supporters to begin with, the 60% or more of US citizens who can't stand Bush simply did not wish to waste their time watching the man lie.

Just a FYI, 2/3 of all eligible voters in the last election showed up at the polls and less than 1/3 of all Military write in votes were received.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

With these numbers, the main media tells us that Bush's approval rating is 45%. I don't know, but I think that number has been artificially inflated - where did 45% come from? When I saw the above link, and others elsewhere, I'd like to know where the 45% came from when 75% are worried about his leadership. Seems it should be around 25-35% at best.

Why again is it that he was voted as president again?

I think it was mainly because of the rich, the 40 percent that do like him, could be the wealthy, or wannabe wealthy. On the news here, about 55 percent are extremely weary of his cause. But thank bush, we can't get a straight answer. That's why bush got in again, because of the rich, that's all it sums up to. It's best not to try to understand are einstein friendly president, because I fear our brains would explode.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You know what I hated most about yesterdays speech?

Bush had this awfully disgusting grin on his face the entire bloody time. Almost asif he was laughing within about how hes suckering everyone once more with a bombastic speech that only serves as propaganda to let him continue doing whatever he wants.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
are u saying the CNN is a liar?

hahaha

are you saying they are not?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

are u saying the CNN is a liar? maybe u need to look up at the reasons why the majority voted for him. it helps u better understand.

Most have no idea really what they are voting on. Any team that can turn someone who served on a river boat as bad and someone who couldn't show up to drink beer with the boys on weekends as good this county has problems.

Before blasting I am neither. Just an observer who does much due diligence.

Bush said nothing new. Same tired tactic of trying to connect dots with Iraq and 9/11. He is right about one thing. The terrorists don't need to come over here. They have plenty of Americans to take pot shots at now.

Halliburton doesn't mind. They are getting $20 per soldier per meal served. When I was in the service we had an MOS called cook.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Bush may have lied about a lot of things. But he is not lying when he says...

"the war is "vital" to their security and that insurgents there share "the same murderous ideology" as the 9/11 hijackers"

If you can wade through all the BS and figure out who was actually behind 9/11 then it becomes somewhat clearer as to why the current road has been taken.

Did you notice the subtle clues in the speech? It's in the quote above. There is a subtle distinction between the terrorists that attacked us on 9/11 and the insurgents.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
bush new that the 9/11 attacks were going to happen and he chose to do nothing he even admited it. bush says that the troops will be pulled out eventually with no time line. his time line is bs and he continues to lie.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Now imagine if you will what could have been done with a 1/5th of a TRILLION dollars instead of squandering it in Iraq and on Haliburton,

Imagine the research science that could have been funded,
Putting a good portion of it in banks or bonds might have shored up Social Security,

the possibilities are almost endless,
let your imagination fly and think of the good it could have done,
instead of being used to turn Iraq into lawless chaos,
And the entire Arab world into our enemies.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The entire Arab world is not our enemy, since we control 2 of the countries with puppet regimes. And Kuwait, they don't hate us, as much. Or the Saudis, they love us, well, the princes do anyways. Well, they like the brother Bandar Bush, the nickname they gave Bush. But come on, not all of it, only like 99.23456789% hates us.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

...imagine if you will what could have been done with a 1/5th of a TRILLION dollars...the possibilities are almost endless,
let your imagination fly and think of the good it could have done,
instead of being used to turn Iraq into lawless chaos,
And the entire Arab world into our enemies.

It has not been better said anywhere than this, Slank. Thank you. The mission has been perverted most horribly by evil men with no capacity for thinking of alternatives. No actual desire for peace as a consequence. No sympathy for civilians.

Did Iraq know that the United States intended to use their country as our convenient theater of war against imported fanaticism, as Bush crows? "We are fighting them there instead of here," he explains. No wonder they are angry. They thought (for a moment) we were going to bring a greater gift than that.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
The report last night, on CNN, after the speech said that those poll numbers show "partisan viewership", in otherwords, the viewers by majority were Bush supporters to begin with, the 60% or more of US citizens who can't stand Bush simply did not wish to waste their time watching the man lie.

You are exactly right on that. That's the part the mainstream media forgot to underline.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noumenon
...imagine if you will what could have been done with a 1/5th of a TRILLION dollars...the possibilities are almost endless,

Just imagine, if you will.. if all of that money had actually been applied to restoring security in Iraq and rebuilding its infrastructure in a timely and efficient manner? The way they did it in the old days.. (think: Marshall Plan). But we didn't. We havn't. And something desperately needs to be done. Where the hell's Norman Schwartzkopf? Get him on the horn!

[edit on 7/2/05 by EastCoastKid]

top topics

join