It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~ Mystical Gemstones and Geometrical Figures ~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Gemstones have been around for millions of years. Today I am seeking them for my personal benefit. My life is stuck in a rut at the moment and I am seeking ancient advise for my modern day problems. Tales of Gemstones having attributes that are "Helpful or Positive" have also been traced back by all civilizations and cultures.

I have tracked down lore of Gemstones and their attributed abilities here.
www.google.com...

The point of this thread is to help me (And those who seek the same) to discuss what gems are beneficial, size or amount to wear, having more than one stone with beneficial properties on and its affects (Negitive in nature) to a person.

I would also like to ask if there is anyone that has any links/advice on Geometrical figures that may have some benefical aspects, or at least look good/Increased stone focus and attributes.

So far from my personal research I have gathered information that wearing or having certain gemstones will only be beneficial.
My accumulated Stones are: Topaz, Fire Opal, Turquoise, Amazonite, Aventurine, Garnet, Jasper, Lapis Luzi, Malachite, Opal, and Clear Quartz.

Their gathered affects should allow me: (Aventurine) Increased Creativity, Decisiveness, Alignment of Mind/Body/Spirit, (Garnet) Increased Dexterity, (Jasper)Stabilized emotions, Physcial purity (Malachite) Fixed confusion/Lack of Purpose/Insecurity,(Opal) Telepathy Empathy,(Topaz) Dispells all enchantments/helps improve eyesight,(Fire Opal) Augument or Improve a special aspect of personality/lets emotions flow/Increases or Invokes Courage/Stamina/Willpower, (Turquoise) Wards off Dark powers, Personal birthstone/Solves problems on depressed outlook on life/Self confidence, (Amazonite)Rejuvination of Heart and Speech.

[edit on 28-6-2005 by Cerkit Breaker]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
when getting a stone it's not a matter of needing a specific one before hand. you go to the shop and look at them all. the one that gives you an energy burst is the one you need. people who can't feel the energy coming from it will usually buy it because it looks nice. it's just another way to get you to know that that's the one you need. it's all about feel

you can wear one gem/stone and along side of it you can wear rosequarts or mountaincrystals (no idea how to translate those names to english but i think ok there).

when having bought a crystal/gem don't wear or use it instantly. you have to cleanse it first. some can be done by simply cleaning under water, others need to be put into the ground for a few days. this is to get rid of the negative energies that are stored inside. those negative energies get in there because...well you're not the only one who has had that gem in their hands or walked past it. and unknowingly a lot of people put part of their energy inside such a crystal.

you'll also notice that a crystal will become a burden after a while. this means you're done with it for now. it did what it had to do. just take it off else you'll be harming yourself again. just put it on a shelve somewhere to look pretty and wear another gem for a while.

also make sure to cleanse the stone/crystal once in a while. every month or 2 would be ok.

i've got several on my altar and just carry the one i need in my pocket.

[edit on 29-6-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Thank you for that information, can you give me a link or more details on how to properly cleanse a gemstone?

Any information on how your stone helped (or hurt) you would also be appreciated. What stone have you been carrying around, which are on your alter.

Any other Misc info you can give me would also help greatly.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
no sites. i bought a book though about stones and such.

i carry a lapis llazuli with me to help me stop biting my nails and such and it reduced it tremendously.

i got lots of others but dont know the english names

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Dear CB,

I am a silversmith/jeweler in the amuletic/talsimanic tradition. I work with gemstones daily. I really haven't experienced any mystical connections with any stones in my studio. Some of my patrons however have told me that the lapis I use has the "mojo".

I feel that almost any solid object can be "charged" with positive or negative energy. The rituals used to "charge" the object can be voodoo, wiccan,etc. or just some ritual you make up. However care should be taken when invoking some higher power in your ritual. Evil masquerades as positive energy and can distort your good intentions. I think this type of mysticm is better left alone.

For me prayer and meditation are better than placing majical properties on inanimate objects. I hope you find what you are looking for! Peace!

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I feel that almost any solid object can be "charged" with positive or negative energy.

Agreed, anything can be charged, by you for your use, anything.
Stones are no greater in their effect than a paper talisman.
Its the care and focus you put into the work that will return to you.

The rituals used to "charge" the object can be voodoo, wiccan,etc. or just some ritual you make up.

Agreed, anything that you feel strongly about, knowledgable about, confident about, will do the job.
I used to make Talismans out of masking tape, rolling talisman after talisman into huge softball sized spheres, while I was at work, nobody knew, no chants or rituals, just intent and time to design my little symbols. When I was ready I would toss the ball out into the yard to release the "spell" onto the world.

However care should be taken when invoking some higher power in your ritual. Evil masquerades as positive energy and can distort your good intentions. I think this type of mysticm is better left alone.

Disagree. There is no evil anywhere. There is simple balance or inbalance.
Self-esteem and self love, is balanced when it results in caring and nurturing others.
It is imbalanced when it becomes selfishness and arrogance based on attacking others for their percieved weaknesses and flaws. Lots of examples like that.

One benefit of "caring" for stones, is that they don't die on you like a pet does.
You can take them places, and if you think about it, you are giving those atoms and
molecules an "experience" unique to being in your company. Think about it, the stone
has existed for millions of years, but if you didn't take it on vacation with you
it could never have made it to that place you are at on its own.

Also remember that books and advice are the words and interpretation of others.
Don't follow them blindly, take them as ultimate truths.

Find your own way, concentrate on the goals you want to achieve through
external objects, and you will achieve those goals regardless of the materials you possess.

new topics

top topics

join