It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the Wounded Soldiers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I will try to get this thread going again,
due to the new thread from Sauron, that talks about the massive amount of dead soldiers, that are not counted as dying in iraq, since they died on the way to german hospitals instead... it places the true casualties at over 8,000

it is feasable folks... it wouldn't be the first time...
and germany is a long way to transport someone who is injured, and expect them to make it.

we can derive two things from this info...

there are probably lots more casualties that are to be discovered after the war

and if you die in battle, congratulations...you get a big payoff for your family...

if you are injured and live... well, then scr*w ya... the VA has no interest in you (and no money)
so see you on the street corner...
need a quarter?... hell, i will give ya a fiver

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I had posted this to a thread I had started but I expect it to be closed as there are two threads going already

Nearly 9,000 U.S. troops dead? A NATIONWIDE CALL FOR INFO FROM SURVIVORS.

Has the Bush administration drastically understated the U.S. military death count by redefining "death"? The following article suggests that it has, and it calls for a nationwide campaign to honor deceased service members by naming and counting them.
According to the article: "...DoD lists currently being very quietly circulated indicate almost 9,000 [U.S. military] dead"; this far exceeds the "official" death count of 1,831. How can this be? It's largely because "U.S. Military Personnel who died in German hospitals or en route to German hospitals have not previously been counted."

In other words, "death" has been redefined
baltimore.indymedia.org...

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24/8/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think the disparity in reported numbers of deaths may be attributable to a strict definition of 'battlefield death' possibly being used in the Iraq War. If a soldier doesn't die on the battlefield, they are not counted as KIA in Iraq. Very possibly, if they are gravely wounded in Iraq, but die on the way to the hospital in Germany, or after they get there, they fall into a different category, maybe counted as WIA/LStW (Later Succumbed to Wounds) or something. This makes no sense to me, but it would explain the numbers disparity.

Or maybe someone is lying about the casualty count.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
... it places the true casualties at over 8,000 ...

Casualties includes wounded, so its way over 8000.
Its the bodycount that comes to near or over 8000 when the soldiers wounded in Iraq die outside of Iraq.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join