It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Ruling could Lead to Seizure of SC Justice’s Home.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In Weare, New Hampshire a private developer is seeking rights to build a hotel on land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter. Oddly enough a vote Souter gave early this week in the case "Kelo vs. City of New London" gives the private developer the right to do so. The private developer is looking to build a hotel on the site were Souters house stands.

Of Course this will not happen but surely a hotel would bring in more tax revenue than Souter’s house so the plan is very legal if the city council votes for it.

Weare, New Hampshire (PRWEB) Could a hotel be built on the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow it. A private developer is seeking to use this very law to build a hotel on Souter's land.

Justice Souter's vote in the "Kelo vs. City of New London" decision allows city governments to take land from one private owner and give it to another if the government will generate greater tax revenue or other economic benefits when the land is developed by the new owner.

On Monday June 27, Logan Darrow Clements, faxed a request to Chip Meany the code enforcement officer of the Towne of Weare, New Hampshire seeking to start the application process to build a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill Road. This is the present location of Mr. Souter's home.

Link

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I just saw this on Drudge and thought it was not only appropriate, but amusing. The un-funny part is that this is actually possible now, and the New Hampshire town might succeed in taking over someones personal property to build a hotel. It couldn't happen to a better person, though.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

In Weare, New Hampshire a private developer is seeking rights to build a hotel on land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter. Oddly enough a vote Souter gave early this week in the case "Kelo vs. City of New London" gives the private developer the right to do so. The private developer is looking to build a hotel on the site were Souters house stands.

If only we could be so lucky. If the Supremes had to actually live with the laws they create, they might put a bit more consideration into them before they rule.

I saw in the news that a US Senator is talking about introducing legislation to limit public use ...

In today's Congress, it will likely go nowhere. Elections, here I come!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
that is totally hilarious

im very very VERY HAPPY to see this !!!!

Score One for the PEOPLE!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If anyone needed proof of Karma.. Here it is...

Do unto others as they have done to you 3 x's better 3 x's worse.

I do not agree with this law nor would I ever agree with it, but I guess they guy can have the taste of what he agreed to..

My g/f thinks its screrwed up but she said if he wanted this law he gets to take his medicine also.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
BTW I think you should have put this on ATSNN this is surely worthy of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was just searching to see if this was already posted and was glad to see that some are already aware of this.

I hope that this actually goes through! I hope that SOB get's EXACTLY what he asked for... the successful eminent domain proceedings designed to benefit those wealthier than the property owner. Sorry Souter, you asked for it and now I hope you get it!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh, sweet poetic justice!

While I don't believe in "karma," I do believe that what goes around comes around, and if you screw with people, it'll bite you in the rear end.

That'll teach 'em to screw with the Constitution!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I read this this morning at work. It's awesome! I truly hope to visit the museum in that hotel one day!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This would be one of those

OWNED!!!

scenarios.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey what can you do...what goes around comes around...I guess the Supreme Court Judges forgot they own land too... Someone forgot to add a clause " The supreme Judges RealSatet properties are NOT part of this joke law"

hehehehehe .... this is funny !!!!

new topics

top topics

join