It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the myth: We are losing in Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
I had a chance when I went to Iraq to talk to some marines and some civilians and Doctors at some of Iraq hospitals and their charts show more.

1)2 out of every 10 babies are born maldeformed
2)1.6 million dead at hands of America.
3)The American press has lost it's integrety and can't be trusted
4)I was there
5)10 years of American trade embargos on Iraq has caused over 500k+ children to die in the last 15 years.
6)Marines told me they were ordered to gun down women and children of suspected terrorist families and the husbands then arrested and sent to gitmo and other prison camps.

The war on Iraq is a genocide the American media are kept in there hotel rooms and all the numbers charts and news reports come from them. The people of Iraq and the international community oppose America's quest to have a perpetual war. Depopulation of Iraq and the middle east? This is a war you can't win Iranian and syrian militant are joining together with Iraq's forces to fight America.

America needs to repair it's integrety because it is now veiwed like Nazi Germany was in ww2 by half the world. The fact that America wants to destroy power plants in Iran will cause a huge war bigger then any other faught in history.

My BS meter is going nuts.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
And yet it was the aid of traitors in our own country - those with no resolve - that allowed them voctory. Had we kept at it we would have won.

According to the U.S. Constitution, those "traitors" as you label them, were actually concerned and pissed off citizens, protesting, as per their right, against unlawful activity the U.S. government was engaging in in - their names.

You'll have to forgive a multitude of us now, for not feeling your particular sense of resolve in the case of the Iraq war. I, for one, came out on the record, opposing the invasion based on many valid reasons. I was never resolved to INVADE Iraq. There were no credible reasons, as we now know.

I understand the situation in Iraq and the surrounding areas all too well. This is exactly why I opposed it. This another no-win situation. But let me just say, we broke it, now we have to leave it right. Our very fate hangs in the balance here.

The Bush administration will probably be most remembered for bringing us to the point of no return as a nation. And that is not a legacy any president would wish to claim.

As for the above comment, about the BS meter going off.

Those comments and statistics are all too true.

This is a blight on our nation.

[edit on 6/29/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

I think you're ignoring the part about "consent".

It's about consent. Can an animal consent? NO.

But humans can. And if they do, then quite frankly, the government has no right to tell them what they can and can not do in their own home.

Polygamy is consentual. Animal sex is not.

That's a heck of a difference, Faust.

First off, i agree that this is off topic. However, your eyes are open but with all due respect your mind isn't. It's about giving a group of people too much power to change the things that they find wrong. Once you give them the power to do so, they will move on to the next one. My example in gay marriage and now paligamy. Just to prove a minor point of my main point.

Secondly, the Supreme Court allows this to happen in all forms. There is nothing "consentual" when someone takes your home to build a factory or when the Supreme Court attacks your religion from all sides on a weekly basis. I know it means nothing to you. However, when they attack something that you care about and then you look around for other outraged people to come to your aid don't be surprised if nobody is there. Why should they help you when you didn't help them?

OK, back to Iraq and stuff,....Yeay!

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

. . . those "traitors" as you label them, were actually concerned and pissed off citizens, protesting, as per their right, against unlawful activity the U.S. government was engaging in in - their names.

You'll have to forgive a multitude of us now, for not feeling your particular sense of resolve in the case of the Iraq war. I, for one, came out on the record, opposing the invasion based on many valid reasons. I was never resolved to INVADE Iraq. There were no credible reasons, as we now know.

The "concerned citizens" of the Vietnam era? You mean like Jane Fonda, going on a publicity tour of North Vietnam, and posing atop an AA gun, which had been used to shoot down American pilots?

Or maybe the Chicago seven, who helped disrupt the '68 Democratic election, in an attempt to keep more mainstream liberals from speaking THIER minds about the war--those ones who were rioting and beating up the police?

Or maybe you mean Abbie Hoffman, encouraging teenagers to commit theft in bookstores, to "bring the system down?"

But you are probably too young to remember that.

Maybe you were talking about more recent history.

Like Sean Penn and other Hollywierd celebrities volunteering to act as human shields in order to lend their names to Saddam's propoganda campaign.

You were "against" the war. Fine.

Were you outraged in 1998 when President Clinton launched dozens of cruise missiles into Iraq, because he had expelled arms inspectors?

Were you against Clinton's act, because you didn't believe Saddam had weapons of mass destruction?

Or maybe you were in favor of Clinton's decision, but only because it didn't work?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here at ATS it is you who is young.

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

The "concerned citizens" of the Vietnam era? You mean like Jane Fonda, going on a publicity tour of North Vietnam, and posing atop an AA gun, which had been used to shoot down American pilots?

Invoke Jane Fonda all you want. She was ONE person. You should try and be more creative, btw.

Or maybe the Chicago seven, who helped disrupt the '68 Democratic election, in an attempt to keep more mainstream liberals from speaking THIER minds about the war--those ones who were rioting and beating up the police?

You mean they were tried for committing crimes? Like Nixon? Oh yeah, I forgot.. he was able to slither off into the sunset by virtue of his high office.

Or maybe you mean Abbie Hoffman, encouraging teenagers to commit theft in bookstores, to "bring the system down?"

Oooohh.. now there's a threat to national security.

Like Sean Penn and other Hollywierd celebrities volunteering to act as human shields in order to lend their names to Saddam's propoganda campaign.

Um... no. You're the one who seems to be pre-occupied with celebrities, past and present.

Were you outraged in 1998 when President Clinton launched dozens of cruise missiles into Iraq, because he had expelled arms inspectors?

Were you against Clinton's act, because you didn't believe Saddam had weapons of mass destruction?

I was outraged in 1992 that the people of the United States elected him.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There are just too many real world history reporters and researchers and the American mainstream press has no credibility at all. A very 1984 situation. The United States has no real power with the flick of a button the economy will fall atleast a nation like Canada has the resources to support it's people. America is finished unless they are needed to keep their depopulation efforts over seas. America's purpose is almost finished and there industries collapsing inwards as companies move their factories to Asia because of cheap materials and cheap labour is causing an industrial revolution in Asia. America will soon be a hopeless third world country like many countries in Africa. Don't feel bad though the same thing happened to the Roman Empire. It went broke because of bankers hording all the money. Destroy the world bank you destroy enslavement.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The Doctor has great insight. America will destroy itself from within, with no help from terrorists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join