It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn & Teller's BS on "conspiracy theories"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I finally got to see Penn and Teller's Bull___! episode on Conspiracy Theories.
While it was cool seeing briefly Jim Marrs interviewed(Crossfire, Rule by Secrecy) they purposely got nut jobs to discredit all the conspiracy theorists out there. (They try to discredit Jim Marr's books, even tho the CIA really does have documents on UFO's and psychic soldiers...the psychic soldiers they actually admitted a decade ago)

We know the moon landing was definately not a hoax, and thankfully no tmany conspiracists continue with that or other provenly false claims. But then they get some guy who says there was no people on the 9/11 planes or that they were all government agents, and the planes were secret millitary jets. Well I too would laugh at them. Notice what they dont cover is the mystery surrounding WTC7, nor the way to close ties between Washington and the terrorsists, the Norad standdown issue, etc.

And oh, if only the JFK incident was as neat and clean as Penn and Teller make ya believe. Did anyone else see this episode? On the site for the episode they reference TWA 800 and Princess Di, which I was hoping they'd get to.

Has anyone else seen any other conspiracy 'debunking' specials or documentaries?

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Since I dont get cable cause its a waste of money... I will DL the epi or try to and see what all this is about.. then I will come back with my opinion.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Since I dont get cable cause its a waste of money... I will DL the epi or try to and see what all this is about.. then I will come back with my opinion.

Same here. Cable is a waste. But I think the episode he is talking about is available on DVD (1st season). I would rent it so you can see all the other episodes, its worth watching.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well I saw the epi you are talking about.

Lets go in order..

9/11

Well all you have to do is look on ATS for that one.

If you dont want to do that you can check out 2 video's that are well put together to show things that happened...

Alex Jones 9/11 Road to Tyranny and Martal Law

Mostly in Martal Law he goes into exsplicit DETAIL on WTC 7 how it couldnt have blown up and so on. ALso goes into the controlled Demo of the WTC's also.

Also about that Poll of 49.3% of NYC residents DO BELIEVE that the government failed to act is here.

Zogby Poll states 9/11 was cover up

On the eve of a Republican National Convention invoking 9/11 symbols, sound bytes and imagery, half (49.3%) of New York City residents and 41% of New York citizens overall say that some of our leaders "knew in advance that attacks were planned on or around September 11, 2001, and that they consciously failed to act," according to the poll conducted by Zogby International. The poll of New York residents was conducted from Tuesday August 24 through Thursday August 26, 2004. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of +/-3.5.

The Moon Landing.

I am not fimilar with this conspiricy nor do I really care about it so I wont comment on it.

JFK

Again Alex Jones Road to Tyranny

It goes into detail on why Kennedy was killed and proof that the gmnt did state they killed Kennedy..

I cant remember detail but from what I understand it was cause he signed executive order 00001 or something to Abolish the Federal Reserve and to dismantel the CIA.

A little side note to this CIA thing.. can you guess who was heading it at this time...

I give you a hint, he is related to our president now.

Anyway I dont really care what Penn and Teller state on this show, for that matter any other show of thiers. I think its just a bunch of bull# thrown together as propaganda to make us Believe that our gvmnt can never lie to us.

[edit on 6/27/2005 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 6/27/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Pen & Teller once made a Sega Genesis CD Game that had the player drive a bus down a straight desert highway for 15 hours straight with no save slots...

and the steering on the bus veered slightly to the right.

look at the very last post on the thread I will now link to:

forums.modojo.com...

They have no right to be alive.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I just saw this show the other day for the first time. The actual series has been quite entertaining so when the Conspiracy Theory show was on I thought ok this will be good.

I was shocked to see how they attacked Eric Hufschmid and his book Painful Questions. Also Penn said if you see anyone with this book to push them down the stairs or something to that effect.

After bringing some interesting subjects to our screen, what happened? Did they sell out to the Republican TV channel and was made to say it or do they honestly believe that the administration had no part in it at all?

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The various Discovery, Learning Channel, and History Channels make the price of cable well worth it for me.... Other than James Bond marathons, hehe....it's about the only cable I watch other than my few network vices...(like LOST)...

Has anyone else seen any other conspiracy 'debunking' specials or documentaries?

The Peter Jennings' UFO special comes to mind. A shoddy piece of journalism as one of the last moments of his life and career..... He also did a JFK special that was equally crap.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't always agree with their conclusions but I like that they take a firm stand on issues and they do reveal some real BS. Bottled water is a scam, for one. On gun control, I was always a knee jerk "of course we should get rid of guns" person, but they presented a compelling enough case to make me rethink it, or maybe i should say, to think about it for the first time.

top topics

join