It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Links to Vedic Culture (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i found this piece on the internet describing the way almost the whole of the non-africanised world is related to vedic culture. it is interesting because it shows how closely related we all are throughout the world. no matter what the distances and differences between us now we were all once "family"

www.salagram.net
Vedic influence in Britain
In the book The Aryans by V Gordon Childe relates how after 2000 BC people who had background with Indus Valley Civilization conquered Britain, and that was the phase of rapid development in Britain.

Britain - Name Isle of Angelsey in Britain derives from name of Lord Vishnu as Angulesh, meaning lord of Anguli country.
- British Isles which is finger sized compared to whole of Europe which is sized as palm of hand was designated the name Angulisthan that later came to be pronounced as Anguliand and then England.
- The name Britain also comes from Sanskrit Brihat-sthan meaning great place or great islands.
- Many names of England cities also have Sanskrit affiliations. E.g. London - was a very ancient Vedic capital, its Sanskrit name was Nandanium meaning pleasing habitation, and during Roman times it was misspelled as Londonium and later London. In European language letter "L" is often replaces "N", like name Svetanana (fair faced) is pronounced in Russia as Svetland.
- Sanskrit suffix Puri found in Indian cities as Sudamapuri or Jagannatha Puri is changed to "bury" in England like Shrewsbury, Ainsbury, Waterbury.
- Salisbury's hilly topography is also proof that it is a corrupt from Sanskrit term Shail-eesh-pury, which means hilly area with a (Vedic) Temple.
- Canterbury is also based on Sankarpury meaning a township of Shankar, Shiva. If you pronounce "C" as an "S" and replace "T" with a "K" in the name Canter, which is not uncommon in changes between Sanskrit and English, then it indicate that prior to British Isles turning Christian in the Sixth Century A.D. Canterbury used to be a seat of Vedic spiritual leader, thus the Archbishop of Canterbury today used to be a Vedic Priest and teacher or a Sankaracharya from which comes the name Sankarpury.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

what i am trying to say by posting this url is not tht indians/vedic culture is superior to any other in the world but that the links between india and the rest of the world are much older and widespread than i first believed. this article shows that the whole non-africanised world at one point shared a common culture and beliefs.

what i want to know is if anyone out there has more proof for or against this theory. it will be a very very interesting discussion according to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well, even though I did vote Yes, I have to say this really seems like it should be on the normal ATS site under ancient civilisations.

It is interesting, I had always wondered why all those towns in Brittain ended with "bury".

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Oddly any research I've seen myself has no mention of this; in fact most modern place names in England are a melding of Roman, Norse and Celtic words; prior to that towns were often known by multiple names, depending upon where you were in relation to that town, and which local dialect you spoke.

Geneology seems to support this notion to a great degree.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I sw on the BBC recently that there was a study being carried out into the similarities between celtic (welsh) and Indian, so maybe there is something in it.

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
firstly i would like to state that i am pretty much a novice on ats, and the thread ending up on atsnn was simply a mistake on my part, so my bads

and as for the link itself, there is a lot of info there. and all of it is correct. although it might be all conjecture but then the evidence is pretty overwhelming.

lastly, it is true that recent investigations are bringing up ancient links between irish and indian cultures. i will post more info later

top topics

join