It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McAfee firewall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I recently purchased McAfee personal firewall plus which came with McAfee security suite 7.0. I installed everything, virus scan, spamkiller, privaxy service but it says personal firewall plus is not installed!!! I tried installing it again 5 times but it still wont work!!! It says it installed successfully but when i go to mcafee security center it says firewall is not installed!!!! HELP!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ok I'll give 1000 imaginary ATS points to the person who helps me. PLEASE!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The best help I can give you is to say eat the cash you spent on Mcaffee. Just forget about it because you wont be able to get your money back. However, you may be able to take it back and switch it out for what I use. Guardian PC. Its a software suite that has everything, and it cost half of what mcaffee and Nortons do. 19 dollars total. You can also download the free version of AVG at
grisoft

I have never been fond of Nortons OR Mcaffee for that matter. Both are over priced bloat ware IMO.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
KidFinger gets the imaginary points. Could some other software i have be preventing the firewall from activating?

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
KidFinger gets the imaginary points. Could some other software i have be preventing the firewall from activating?

XP's built in firewall often causes unexpected problems when using it in conjunction with other FW saftware. If you have it turned on, turn it off and try re-installing your sw.

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
KidFinger is right McAfee and Norton are both McCrap, they imbed really deep into the system a total pain in the McAss to remove completely.
My Firewall is Zone Alarm pro in conjunction with XP’s firewall and AVG virus control
And they work just McGreat

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well im going to reboot my computer soon anyway because its so slow so ill remember zone alarm and that. Thanks for your McHelp

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I would recommend that you contact McAfee about your problem.

Make sure XP firewall is disabled. Run this check to see what it says about your firewall.

security.symantec.com...

Also, check your settings. Your firewall might be installed, but not turned on.

When all else fails read the manual. If you didn't get a manual read Help.

new topics

top topics

join