It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Here is a question for everyone. Why are planes not made from the same material's that there black boxes are made from? I am not an engineer but it seems to me that those black boxes withstand an awefull lot of punishment and with a few exceptions withstand crashes. What does everyone think?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
well, the plane might survive, but the people inside almost certainly wouldn't as we're not made of the black box material - maybe somewhere there's a genetisist that's working on a solution right now... - lol, also it's probably a money thing, it usually is

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It would cost too much i think. The material which is used for planes is cheap and light. If a plane used the material of a black box, the plane would cost alot of money to make. Thats my theory, but im no engineer or expert when it comes to planes.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
wasn't that a Dennis Miller joke?

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
wasn't that a Dennis Miller joke?

Yeah...i think it was

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Better idea: why dont they make planes out of Mohammaed Atta's passport? that seemed indestructable enough, and its pretty cheap to make copies!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The material that makes up a black box is undoubtedly very heavy. In order for planes to fly, they need to be as light as possible. The engines required to make these planes fly would be too large to be cost-efficient.

Also, as stated above it wouldn't matter, the people inside would still be mush.

besides who wants to fly in a plane where there is the potential of finding body splatter from a previous accident??

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I spent a summer working in the stores of an international airline.
Amongst the many parts that we issued were black boxes.
Let me tell you: those things are bloody heavy. It was all I could do just to lift one up from the ground and put it on a trolley.
If an aeroplane were made of the same material and in the same way, the bugger would never fly.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   

besides who wants to fly in a plane where there is the potential of finding body splatter from a previous accident??

ewwwwwww
well airplane food looks like body splatter anyway and taste like it, so we will all be used to it

new topics

top topics

join