It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geez.....Imagine if real aliens picked up star trek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Would they think it was real? I bet theyd think we were this well advanced race, or maybe theyve seen it.....seen all the battles on it and steered clear from us....sigh....thanks a bunch Gene Rodenberry!!!!

[edit on 22-6-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i think they came here, got a warm welcome a couple of times from "our" armies and figured out people are nothing like Star Trek characters

or maybe, they are still looking for the one with pointed ears

apc

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hah yeah the Historical Documentaries (Galaxy Quest)

We do assume that any species that understood our signals would have to be fairly advanced, however if true morons can somehow acquire $40,000 Mercedes and BMWs, whos to say the dumbest aliens arent capable of star travel?

posted on Jun, 29 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Well I donth think they would think it was real, the credits and commercials would be a dead giveaway.

But heres my little impression of them if they did.

Zator: Those humans sem pretty advanced and friendly by what we've seen from those radiowave transmissions.
Xitan: Sure do, lets go meet them:

(They fly to Earth in there flying saucer, and beam transport in to the oval office)

Zator: Greetings human we hav

Bush: Who the h*ll are you grey weirdos?
Zator: I am Zator I am captain of the Hivdapoa, I bring greetings from Zeta prime. We have seen your transmissions and wanted to come and meet you.
Bush: I dont know who you are but yur diiernt looking, I dont like new and different, yer just like them fellers from Massa-chew from the gay state.
And if yer different you have to die.
(Bush pulls out pistols hops on his desk and starts firing in the air like a drunken cowboy)
Xitan: Shi'ite these humans are crazy, lets get out of here!
(They beam back up to their saucer)
Zator: What should we do now?
Xitan: Lets go and find some of those green chicks.

END.

Ok, yeah that was really random and weird and other stuff but, yeah.

posted on Jun, 30 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
WOW!!! In a book from the Animorph series called "Visser" it is about how the alien race "Yeerks" first came in contact with humans. As they came upon earth they got all these shows, and one was Star Trek!!!!! She(I use She since later in the series the Yeerk, a parasitic brain slug that crawls through your ear canal and takes over your brain, takes control of a human female) is amazed that humans have found a way to travel at the speed of light, something that is impossible for them, they use Zero Space.(it isn't space, it isn't anything, like a wormhole that isn't instant, in one book it was explained that Zero Space moves, and what once took a day to travel to now takes a year or more since Zero Space isn't stable)

Anyways, when she realizes it isn't real, she thinks it is a defense mechanism. That the humans send out false information to scare other races away. That they send out info that shows them having technology beyond anyone elses so they are scared shiznickless and go away. Quite funny.

My take on it is that. That they won't know, and will either figure it out or be scared off. Imagine if they saw anything with Michael Jackson? "Hey, who did we send there?" "We didn't send anyone." "Then who is that?" "Looks like Zuko." "No, he is back at Base 299 Milluc." "Then IDK."

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jestaman
My take on it is that. That they won't know, and will either figure it out or be scared off. Imagine if they saw anything with Michael Jackson? "Hey, who did we send there?" "We didn't send anyone." "Then who is that?" "Looks like Zuko." "No, he is back at Base 299 Milluc." "Then IDK."

That was hilarious. Nice work!

Anyway, if they did get Star Trek then they would know that we originally set out in the spirit of exploration, not conquest. Anyone who had beef with the Federation was obviously someone who felt different. So if they were benevolent, they probably would come anyway. If they were malevolent, they probably wouldgo looking for the Klingons.

Holy crap, I sound like a Trekkie... Someone help me. Please.

top topics

join