It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't remember/can't dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I don't know why... but all my life I've never really drempt. Atleast, not in the way other people describe. I do sleep normally, and I don't really have any problems mentally. That is why I think I do dream, but for some reason I cannot remember them.

When I lay down to sleep at night, I think about the day, I think about a book, whatever comes to mind. I'm not dreaming, this is before I've fallen asleep. And then, I just sort of "switch on" in the morning. All of a sudden I'll be awake, and there you go. I might lay around for a bit in bed, but I'm awake.

I've never felt that I thought about "something" at night and just forgotton, I just don't feel anything. There is simply my wakeing mind.

And obviosuly, I don't remember anything from when I first fall asleep from when I wake up.

Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas on how I can start dreaming, or remembering my dreams? I wan't to dream!

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You are not alone my friend... No really I almost never dream and when I do it's all fuzy. It's the exact same thing that you described which happens to me. I think I used to dream when I was 5-10 years old but since then I don't have any dreams. I find this very annoying and I would like to be able to remember my dreams (That is if I have any lol). Dream regresion techniques don't work with me or at least the ones I tried. So if anyone on ATS knows anything about this please post

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I've had similar things to this, I used to have dreams on most nights but now I rarely have one (about one every 6 weeks or so)...it's kinda weird. I don't have a mental mark of where I went to sleep, and I just "skip time." Maybe we're being abducted by aliens?

[edit on 6/25/05 by ShreddedIce]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I don't have a mental mark of where I went to sleep, and I just "skip time." Maybe we're being abducted by aliens?

I have kept in mind that possibility and I think it may be one of the reasons. I have some very clear symptom's of being abducted and I have the sense of "skipping time". But I think this is only half the problem. Some nights when I actually dream I remember very little of it in the morning, almost like I was brainwashed... Anyway if someone has any good advice please share it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Try to get as much sleep as possible - just store it all up - and then when you feel like you'll never be able to fall asleep, lie down and start daydreaming with your eyes closed. Let the sounds of your surroundings permeate your thoughts. Chances are, because you aren't at all physically tired, you will dream. Hope this helps!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Keep thinking about why you can't dream, the more frustrated that you become, all the seals in your subconsciousness will start to open, and your inner world will start to cloud your outer world - imagine the past, things that have happened, things that could happen, daydream about things and if you have been reading a book, picture yourself as the character in the book when you are about to fall asleep.

Eventually your imagination will start to activate, there are specific zones of awareness that have to be trained - my mother is the same, for more than 20 years, she has the same routine, gets up at 4:30, goes to work, comes home, cooks, watches television, and then goes to sleep at about 8:30 - I dream heavily, however, my life is unorganised, sometimes I can sleep for more than 15 hours, sometimes not at all, and my mind is constantly wondering in all directions.

You need something to contemplate, and when you start to open your imagination, when you start to wonder about things, even strange things, your mind will start to open and you will begin to dream.

Chances are is that you actually do dream, the thing is, is that you simply cannot remember your dreams because you enjoy regular and solid sleeping patterns.

Lastly, keep a notepad, and write down what you remember dreaming - even if you only remember a few seconds, and interestingly, even if you cannot remember at all, just make something up, the chances are, what you imagine that you dreampt is actually what you did dream of, and your conscious mind was unable to remember, however, you subconsciounsess was able to scribe your dreams.

When you keep a "dream journal" and when you contemplate dreaming, the pathways from your awake mind to your subconsciouss, dreaming mind, will eventually start to form, and you will notice that the space in your mind will expand, there will be less words and more images in your mind, less inner dialogue and basically, your mind will be dreaming while you are still awake, it takes all the rough corners away from the world.
edit on 30-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join