It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid Noisy Flash Banners???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Skeptic was referring to the allowed amount (in terms of filesize) of bandwidth we have being transferred, not the actual speed of the connection.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Of any ads that my popup stopper and/or Spybot Resident will not rid, I just take the url of the banner/popup/etc and put it into the router block list. This can also be done with most software firewalls, should one not have a router.

This works all but very rarely, the exception being that the ad is embedded into the page itself (as opposed to being added to), so killing the ad kills the page, but after 2 years of doing this, I've only experienced that once.

Misfit

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Brilliant!

If it hasn't been used before, I'd like to coin the term "UN-vertising"

Put up an obnoxious ad, and people will pay to make it go away...

If obnoxious enough, you wouldn't need a real product..!

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have a site which use 4 terabyte a month and its not cheap. 1 buck from few members won't cut it. I sympathize with the admin.

Admin: Disable the extreme animation by Fasclick. However they are also the best paid. And usally results with higher CTR because people click on it trying to disable the sound.

CTO

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Skeptic was referring to the allowed amount (in terms of filesize) of bandwidth we have being transferred, not the actual speed of the connection.

Ahhhh... gottcha... thanks for the clarification...

That makes a great deal more sense and really is a testament to the amount of information that traverses this site...

Thanks...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join